R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #706
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
Hi there,

Im building my kit and was on the Front Oneway already, however, i just found out that the FRONT ONEWAY COLLAR (Key#74) was missing on the parts bag (or did i mislook it) . is it a must to install it??? Is it a plastic or aluminum type or just a washer.

Thanks in advance.
its plastic.. its not a washer but it looks like one .. it has a lip in the inner diameter that fits it the inner diameter of the pulley. um it comes in the same bag as the rest of the diff pulleys .. or the one with the regular pulleys. im not sure, but its one or the other

um i ran my car with out it for the break in of my engine (not done yet becouse of the weather) and nothing happened the belt stayed in place ... but the belt (at lest for me) does slide to the side of the collar so i think the belt is rubbing against the servo saver so its a good idea to use it

i would advise to use it, but if you have no choose i would advice to stick with low speeds and not to run the car like this for a long time
olkleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #707
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WTF i`m just started building my kit and guess what no chassis!!!!
WTF who do i call guys....... i got the evo2 wc.
Man i think i just soiled myself.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #708
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
WTF i`m just started building my kit and guess what no chassis!!!!
WTF who do i call guys....... i got the evo2 wc.
Man i think i just soiled myself.
you can call kyosho .. or call the hobby store you got it from.

my my evo2 car came with a defective shock shaft and they just sent me a new one ( 2 actually )... but i had to get it through the hobby store becouse i bought it off ebay...
Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Red face

WOW what is going on with missing parts? That's not good...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #710
Tech Initiate

olkleaf somethings really not right there...

I could maybe understand a screw missing or something like that, but gee an entire chassis...
Kyosho Super Ten FW-04

OFF-ROADERS
Colt 1/10 buggy, converting to rally style this weekend

ELECTRICS
-------------
TOURING CARS
Tamiya TA-04S
Tamiya TL-01

OFF-ROADERS
Tamiya Super Hornet
XxDestroyerxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #711
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDestroyerxX View Post
olkleaf somethings really not right there...

I could maybe understand a screw missing or something like that, but gee an entire chassis...
the whole chassis is a big deal but what else can he do? i mean that is what you do when something is wrong with the kit... call kyosho or the hobby shop...

kyosho should take responsibility for it if the box was sealed

if kyosho doesn't replace it i really cant think of anything he can do except to buy a new one and its going to be more or less 100bucks
Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #712
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks olkleaf, 4 the advice. And yes the box was sealed
Called kyosho no answer, emailed those fools, no reply
Only thing to do now is get f.....g angry, and if they don`t call back, i`m gonna sicc my lawyers on their monkey asses
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #713
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Thanks olkleaf, 4 the advice. And yes the box was sealed
Called kyosho no answer, emailed those fools, no reply
Only thing to do now is get f.....g angry, and if they don`t call back, i`m gonna sicc my lawyers on their monkey asses

Try calling them again. I don't know where you are located, but if you are East Coast and called in the morning they may not have been open yet. I have been on the team for over 2 years now and have called them dozens and dozens of times and somebody has always answered the phone. Now, sometimes the person I wanted to talk to wasn't there and I had to leave a message, but somebody always answered the intial portion of the phone call. Don't get crazy.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #714
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default kyosho evo rrr 2 wc MANUAL

hey guys,

I'm getting confused with the Kyosho evo 2 rrr wc manual. (first time builder with kyosho).

NOW, I can see on the manual it has a section for plastic bits and listed numbers etc. BUT what happens, when FOR EXAMPLE, doing the GEAR DIFFERENTIAL....it has all the the parts you need to connect and NUMBERS next to it in the manual. So, when I get the correct bags to build the gear differential, the parts are in there OBVIOUSLY, but where the f*k are the numbers to build it and associate the parts...I mean at this point in time I'm friggen just matching parts with the manual....I'm sure Kyosho is not that ignorant to put numbers on the parts in the manual and then have you match parts without knowing if thats the correct number.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #715
Tech Adept

I just completed mine yesterday.

I dont have any difficulty building it. of course, i just did the same thing as what you did. compare it to the manual one by one and have it assemble as like to like.

Good luck.
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #716
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

Just putting together my evo 2, had a question. Have a Futaba receiver and servos. Hwere Can I buy the right size servo horns for the steering and throttle?

Thanks
dvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #717
Tech Adept

hey guys on pg 10 of the rrr evo 2 wc manual it has piece number 66 which is placed in the front arm suspension for the belt tension...not sure which one to put it in... 1 or 2...?
can someone help me out here please...and explain whats the difference...i think in the manual it shows a table for loose and tightness, but still a bit confused....thanks

Last edited by beers4evo; 02-09-2009 at 03:58 AM. Reason: rephrased
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #718
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
hey guys on pg 10 of the rrr evo 2 wc manual it has piece number 66 which is placed in the front arm suspension for the belt tension...not sure which one to put it in... 1 or 2...?
can someone help me out here please...and explain whats the difference...i think in the manual it shows a table for loose and tightness, but still a bit confused....thanks

That is the eccentric hub. It is basically a belt tensioner. I don't have an EVO2 manual, but the previous manual showed you a suggested starting postion for those two pieces. It is just a suggestion, not set in stone. I pretty much run all my belts as loose as I can. Belts that are tight really bind up the drivetrain. Most important thing is to make sure that both sides are in the same position.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #719
Tech Apprentice

Default belt selection

Hi guys,

Im still new with rrr...
have one question regarding selecting belt..
is there any difference between the belt starting with vzw and vz (ie. vzw203/vz234 rear belt) p/n. which one better?
pls help..
thx
Old 02-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #720
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
That is the eccentric hub. It is basically a belt tensioner. I don't have an EVO2 manual, but the previous manual showed you a suggested starting postion for those two pieces. It is just a suggestion, not set in stone. I pretty much run all my belts as loose as I can. Belts that are tight really bind up the drivetrain. Most important thing is to make sure that both sides are in the same position.
I assume 1 is the loose and 2 is tight?