R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alex,

Really nice track. Where is that track located? That infield section after the backstraight looks like fun. Our local track isn't as big or as nice but it gets me racing every weekend.

Thanks for the vid,
Daniel
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #587
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique

the track as New south wales , Australia . in better understandable words its in sydney . yeah the track is new and its a very fast flowing track . what tire dimeter do you use? like what do u cut ur tires too ?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #588
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi,
You are very good man thoughtful and thanks for offering me the clutch and rear belts!!that is very nice from you!!thanks again!!but i dont want you to spend even a peni sending me anything and i am sure one day you will use them !!I do have shop that sells kyosho but i dont know what they have exctly!!

as for the engine i do have a new jp red dot with a brand new 2607 exast system...but i havent installed anything yet!!
didrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #589
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by didrace View Post
Speyederjedi,
You are very good man thoughtful and thanks for offering me the clutch and rear belts!!that is very nice from you!!thanks again!!but i dont want you to spend even a peni sending me anything and i am sure one day you will use them !!I do have shop that sells kyosho but i dont know what they have exctly!!

as for the engine i do have a new jp red dot with a brand new 2607 exast system...but i havent installed anything yet!!

Didrace,

Just some advise on the Picco Redot. Be very careful with the carberator. The barrel for the slide valve is very soft metal and if you tighten the allen grub screw on the throttle ball link too tight you can crush or distort the roundness of the barrel. This will cause you to have an air leak on the low end needle once you start tuning the motor because the o-ring will tear. I ruined 3 carbs this way. I have a Picco Evo 3, an Evo 4 JL Tuned and an IDM Evo 4. All 3 carbs are bad because I tightened the grub screw too much before I found out about this issue from a Kyosho driver who runs the IDM motors. They're great motors for the price but just be careful when setting that throttle linkage in the position you want. Put some thread lock on the grub screw and then tighten just enough to hold the linkage on the slide barrel.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

No Picco EVO4 engines yet.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 AM   #591
Tech Regular

Scott,

Thank you for the correction. Meant to say Evo 3 JL Tuned. Was confusing it with my Sirio Evo 4 STI's.

Regards,
Daniel
Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #592
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.... Where can I find the Instruction Manual or partlist for the Kyosho v one rrr evo 2.

Thanks
Hector L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector L View Post
Hi guys.... Where can I find the Instruction Manual or partlist for the Kyosho v one rrr evo 2.

Thanks
Down the bottom:

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/support/in...one_index.html

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #594
Tech Apprentice

thanks novarossi
Hector L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #595
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
a video of the track i race at
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rcracing/
Nice track
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #596
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
the track as New south wales , Australia . in better understandable words its in sydney . yeah the track is new and its a very fast flowing track . what tire dimeter do you use? like what do u cut ur tires too ?
Alex,

With the new RRR Evo 2 my set-up seems to like taller tires than on the previous model. I've been running 62mm rear with 60mm front or 63mm rear with 61mm front. The taller tire allows for more sidewall flex and this seems to give my car better handling than I expected. Just be careful with tire shore selection as too much traction can cause traction roll. With that tire setup I'm running the 15T and 21T pinions with the 61T and 56T spurs. Now keep in mind, the track I run at is much tighter and smaller than the one in your video. You may want to start out with the 16T/21T pinions and 61T/56T spurs with 62mm rear tires and 60mm fronts. It's where I would start based on what I see from the video. Just a guess on my part but probably a good starting point. There may be other opinions out there, if so maybe they will post their input.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #597
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

WC next week arrive onsale !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Default Diff parts

This might be off topic but i need to buy a front diff since im running on a small track, I tired to order just the parts but they said backorder..

Anyone that is running a spool in the rear got the gear set or front diff they might want to sell?

thanks
EnriqueV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueV View Post
This might be off topic but i need to buy a front diff since im running on a small track, I tired to order just the parts but they said backorder..

Anyone that is running a spool in the rear got the gear set or front diff they might want to sell?

thanks
I am assuming you are in the USA. It shows in stock at Kyosho America so your local hobby shop should be able to get the gears, but if not try the links below.

http://ashfordhobby.com/SearchResult...KeyWords=vz012

http://www.winnerscirclerc.com/produ...aac29d9a9376c6

Here is the gear set in stock from two different stores.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #600
Tech Regular

thanks for the link, found what i needed..hope they have it in stock
EnriqueV is offline   Reply With Quote