R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Didrace,

From the picture the kit looks to be in excellent shape. I would start by taking out the front one-way and putting in a spool or a diff. That will allow you to have much more control under braking. On the other hand, if the track you run at doesn't require much or any braking at all, then stick with the one-way as it will allow the car to roll much more freely. As far as converting your kit over to the RRR Evo, I would start with the shocks, one-piece motor mount and aluminum hex hubs. After that it's up to you if you want to go with the light-weight 2 speed shaft and blade type rear sway-bar. I also prefer the upright position on my throttle/brake servo as apposed to the laydown position.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #557
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi thanks for the help...appreciate it!!

Does it happen to know any place where i can buy the conversion kit for the evo if i need it? I live in london and i can not find the place to buy from any american site..they dont have it..
didrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #558
Tech Regular

Didrace,

Just an FYI, talked to my buddy who has the RRR Evo 1 and he went to the track to test the mod to his chassis. We cut out the cross member in the front of the chassis. He said his car was hooked and the track wasn't even prepped. He has much more on and off power steering and said the car is not as darty. He said it has a much smoother feel. Just thought you'd like to know.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #559
Tech Regular

btw the front is a spool!!!

can i put the upright position using this radio plate?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #560
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by didrace View Post
Speyederjedi thanks for the help...appreciate it!!

Does it happen to know any place where i can buy the conversion kit for the evo if i need it? I live in london and i can not find the place to buy from any american site..they dont have it..
I will check around here in the states for you and see what I find out but the RRR Evo 2 WC doesn't roll out until December or January and I don't think the conversion kit will come out before then.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #561
Tech Regular

Quote:
btw the front is a spool!!!

can i put the upright position using this radio plate?

Sorry, from the pic it looks like a oneway. As far as the upper deck, I'm not sure if you can put the throttle/brake servo in the upright position with that one. I'll call my buddy and find out. He'll know since he's had every version of the RRR. He just bought the RRR Evo 2 today.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #562
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi Thanks a lot..!!!!

i will wait for the answers..!!!

appreciated it a lot .....
Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Speyederjedi Thanks a lot..!!!!

i will wait for the answers..!!!

appreciated it a lot .....
to use the upright or standup servo you have to change the upper deck to the evo version but might as upgrade it to the evo2 upper deck save a litte c
cash & also get the evo2 chasis & your 1/2 way to having the current car
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #564
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
to use the upright or standup servo you have to change the upper deck to the evo version but might as upgrade it to the evo2 upper deck save a litte c
cash & also get the evo2 chasis & your 1/2 way to having the current car
GMartinez,

Thanks for your help on that question. I sold my RRR WC and RRR Evo over a year ago and couldn't remember if the upper decks were different based on a laydown or upright throttle/brake servo. I knew someone had the answer.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #565
Tech Regular

Hello to everyone out there..

Speyederjedi hello mate..
Did you used to have the all the version s of rrr? how can you compare them? do they perform a lot different?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #566
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hello to everyone out there..

Speyederjedi hello mate..
Did you used to have the all the version s of rrr? how can you compare them? do they perform a lot different?

Didrace,

Yes I did have the RRR, RRR WC and RRR EVO. I made the mistake of switching over to the Team Magic G4RS in January of this year and sold all my Kyosho gear to a buddy of mine. Boy was that a nightmare. That kit was an absolute bust. I finished about half the races I entered because I was always stripping gears. I now have the EVO 2 and in the 2 months I've had the kit I replaced one gear due to a chipped tooth from debris on the track. Other than that I've replaced one thrust bearing and one front lower controlarm. The Evo 2 is very stable on and off power and the chassis comes without a front crossbrace so it has more flex. I'm sure that is why it has such good steering. The outgoing chassis from the previous models can be modified to allow for more flex. My buddy has the older chassis from the 1st Evo and after cutting out the front brace his RRR Evo 1 was much more stable in the turns. With the chassis being allowed to flex more on the front, the rear of the car seems to follow though much better. Just my opinion. If you can try and get the Evo 2 upper deck and chassis. If not cut out the crossbrace on the fron of your existing chassis. It will make a big difference in the handling. The RRR WC and RRR Evo are great kits the Evo 2 is just a refinement of that.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #567
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply!!!

When the car has more steering doesnt that mean that the car oversteer easier?
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #568
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!!!

When the car has more steering doesnt that mean that the car oversteer easier?
Didrace,

Yes but it's easier to dial out steering on your radio as apposed to trying to find more steering which your car simply may not have. The other thing is just the "feel" of how the car turns in on and off power and how it comes out of turns. It has a much smoother and balanced feel, which to me, makes for easier driving. Just my opinion as I've had all versions of the RRR. I've also had Mugen and Team Magic and have had some track time with the XRay NT1. I'd say the XRay NT1 is right there with the RRR EVO 2, but from a parts standpoint you can't beat Kyosho. My LHS has been great on parts availability for all my Kyoshos.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #569
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

Had a quick question. What's the big difference btwn the rrr evo 2 and world championship edition? Is it worth the extra cash?

Thanks, Duc
dvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvu View Post
Hello,

Had a quick question. What's the big difference btwn the rrr evo 2 and world championship edition? Is it worth the extra cash?

Thanks, Duc
The WC edition comes with all the hop ups (front universals, one piece engine mount, rubber belts, etc etc) Definently worth the extra money in my opinion. You can now also get the WC edition with the new Sirio XXX engine, which will save you alot of money.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote