R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #331
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

Should try it and update ASAP.

But the Upper deck which i got was for the RRR and not for EVo 2.

So i dun know whether the deck i have is the same as EVO 2

fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
From the pic's on RED RC it looks like the steering servo would still lay down. Maybe I am missing something. Does anyone have any Pic's showing the difference between the lay down and stand up servo's? I am planning on buying this car for next season so all of this information is of great interest to me.

Thanks!
All of the steerings servos lay down, it's the throttle servo that changes.

The actual top deck does not change height between the upright and laydown servos on the EVO and I don't believe the EVO2 has changed the overall height of the topdeck because the front bulkhead and steering ackerman piece would have to be changed.

The only benefit I get from running the laydown servo on the EVO is that I run the short KO 2413's (10 grams less each on the heavy side of the car) and can strap a LIPO regulator to the back side of the throttle servo to keep it with some air flow which lets me run a 40+ gram battery plate that does more CG lowering than any amount of possible tank movement.

That being said, the capricorn top deck still interests me but not for $118+shipping unless it comes with the Xray tank and maybe some swiss chocolate. The KM $35 option is considerably closer considering it is just a piece of carbon.

KM has an interesting rear camber option for only $13 as well, they may have just enough on their site to get me to order that top deck and pay shipping from hong kong.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #333
AHP
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default EVO 2 WCE???

Hi, is the WCE for the EVO 2 out??/ Anyone know of the price?

sincerely

AHP
AHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHP View Post
Hi, is the WCE for the EVO 2 out??/ Anyone know of the price?

sincerely

AHP
No
Old 09-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #335
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
From the pic's on RED RC it looks like the steering servo would still lay down. Maybe I am missing something. Does anyone have any Pic's showing the difference between the lay down and stand up servo's? I am planning on buying this car for next season so all of this information is of great interest to me.

Thanks!
i was not talking about the steering servo but the throttle servo on the first version of RRR which they claimed to achieve low CG, then they converted it back to standup on the RRR Evo.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #336
Tech Addict

hi has anyone had luck finding a shop that has the new vz114-56c second gears instock, and also would it make any difference to use my old 56b gears on the new evo 2, eg would the new 2 speed shoes not work properly with the old gears?
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly View Post
hi has anyone had luck finding a shop that has the new vz114-56c second gears instock, and also would it make any difference to use my old 56b gears on the new evo 2, eg would the new 2 speed shoes not work properly with the old gears?
I am guessing that you are in Australia so I can't help you find the new second gears. They are available in the USA if you can find a shop that will ship and are willing to pay the ridiculous amount of shipping.

I spoke to Joel Johnson about running the older spurs with the newer 2sp shoes. He said he has seen it done without having a problem, but the newer steel ringed gears work better. That is what he said, but I have not tried the older spurs (which I have plenty of) with the new 2 speed shoes. Give it a try and see what happens.

If you have problems using the older gear with the newer 2 speed, you could use the older 2 speed as well until you find the newer spurs.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 AM   #338
Tech Addict

thanks
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:28 AM   #339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfly View Post
I'm pretty sure Ric has them in stock, they aren't on his site but just email him http://www.bartzrcpartz.com.au

I need a couple too being that I stripped 2nd today. The car went pretty well for a first run, the KM racing brake pads seem pretty good although I had problems with the brake cam binding in the bulkhead - took it out and sanded it and that seemed to cure the problem, I'm sure it'll loosen up more with use. The kit set up seemed to work pretty well also, I'm going to raise the rc's for next time and run a thicker diff oil but it was very quick for straight out of the box. I'm reserving judgment on the 2d clutch until I run it again because I was having engine problems
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Wow, this car is impressive! First time out today at Moorebank and it was easy to drive, spent most of the day trying to remove steering as well as breaking in the new motor. Sirio clutch is awesome! Very very capable car

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Wow, this car is impressive! First time out today at Moorebank and it was easy to drive, spent most of the day trying to remove steering as well as breaking in the new motor. Sirio clutch is awesome! Very very capable car

Some impressive lap times there Michael. Well done. Looks like its time for some Kyhosho domination at Moorebank coming up......

Thanks for the lend of the Spur gears too.

Craig, Make sure you mesh your gears as tight as possible. There should be no gap at all but they should still spin freely. If you do this you shouldnt have any stripping problems.

The 2d Clutch is awesome. Never had any troubles and mine is plenty fast enough.

Im going to try the Sirio cluth at the Nats though. Just havent had the time to try it at moorebank yet.

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default top deck

Has anybody actually measured the new top deck and it's servo locations?

I've just spent as much time as I can looking at pictures of the VZ253 EVO2 top deck, the laydown kyosho style on my car, the KM evo2 (2mm) top deck, the KM w/ xray top deck and the Capricorn w/ xray top deck.

On all 5 decks (except for the laydown throttle obviously) the servos appear to line up with other holes on the top deck that I am familiar with. Is all of the alignment just in the evolva servo mounts?

vz253, http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...mg55654365.jpg

km xray, http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...884d1aa11f8be2

vz230b, http://www.ultimatetoys.com.au/kyosh...b-pi-3916.html

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #343
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
great! any chance to compare to the WCE? does it make any sense
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #344
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
great! any chance to compare to the WCE? does it make any sense
This is the first Kyosho on-road I have owned. Previously had an MTX-4R and NT1.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Old 09-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #345
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Some impressive lap times there Michael. Well done. Looks like its time for some Kyhosho domination at Moorebank coming up......
Yep, for sure, it was unfortunate I couldn't do a full heat with the new motor, only could manage 4:00-4:30 with it (and its still mega tight!).

I think 54 spur is definitely the gear the car needs at Moorebank. I was doing 18.7/19.0 in the first heat, then when I backed it down to 55 spur after that, I couldn't go quicker then a 19.1 (did the change to try and cool down a 140deg new Nova )

Time to put in all the light weight goodies and option parts

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net