Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Capricorn have some really trick stuff, is there anywhere to buy it other than their site, preferably in USD? by the time I convert our dollar to euros, pay the extortionate prices, and then consider shipping I'm up for a couple hundred bucks on even small items

edit: murnan has some of their gear
Murnan has it, but it's at the same price as the Capricorn site if you convert to USD. I'm looking for some of their gear as well but I'm not willing to pay $118 plus shipping for a piece of carbon for a top deck. I doubt it comes with the Xray tank or much else but I don't know for sure. Maybe it does have the tank and all sorts of plastic bits that make it fit and worth $118.

Evo2 top deck will have to do for now as well as the non $59 brake disc but the $34 lightweight dogbones are pretty trick for a pair considering Xray sells univerals for something around 35 EACH so I may pick those up.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Evo2 top deck will have to do for now
Remember the evo 2 top deck is designed for the evo 2 chassis, whereas the capricorn deck is designed for the old chassis - probably doesn't make much difference, but perhaps capricorn will come out with an evo2 one before long
Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Haven't had my RRR Evo 2 for too long and was wondering about tire size. I noticed my car seems to handle much better with say a 61mm front and 63 mm rear vs 59mm front and 61mm rear. Is this due to flex in the foam allowing for more traction? With no other changes done the car is quicker with the shorter tires but doesn't seem to handle as well as with the taller tires. While I realize gear ratios come into play with how fast you want to run is there an advantage either way? Shorter or taller? Do any of you have a starting point at which you work from when it comes to tire size? Just needing a few pointers in this dept.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what's a good starting point setting for the front and rear adjustable sway bars?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shiston
what's a good starting point setting for the front and rear adjustable sway bars?
Start with stock settings , then adjust according to track conditions
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

What's the stock setting for the rear sway bar? Is that flat as well?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shiston
What's the stock setting for the rear sway bar? Is that flat as well?
yes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers
Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Haven't had my RRR Evo 2 for too long and was wondering about tire size. I noticed my car seems to handle much better with say a 61mm front and 63 mm rear vs 59mm front and 61mm rear. Is this due to flex in the foam allowing for more traction? With no other changes done the car is quicker with the shorter tires but doesn't seem to handle as well as with the taller tires. While I realize gear ratios come into play with how fast you want to run is there an advantage either way? Shorter or taller? Do any of you have a starting point at which you work from when it comes to tire size? Just needing a few pointers in this dept.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
For San Antonio, if it is still traction roll central I would run 57mm front / 59mm rear for qualifiers and work the roll centers for traction plus or minus but I like that lightning fast turn in and reaction.

The taller tires flex more like you said, and can compensate and kind of dull the car a bit which might feel like it has more traction. The foam is a bit softer when it's taller too because the wheel isn't supporting it as much.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The stock setup seems to be for ultra low grip - 35sh tyres, 2nd lowest RCs, thin diff and shock oil, etc. Apart from the tyres, how have people found it? does the car just like to be soft or have you been changing a lot when the grip or speed of the track is med-high?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

95% complete, just need to mount some shocks, roll bars, and some other minor things.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-2.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-3.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-4.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-5.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-6.jpg  

Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Novarossi,

What clutch setup is it that you are using? From the photos it's not stock. Kit looks ready to rock. Nice motor and pipe selection. I'm currently running and IDM .12 in my RRR Evo 2 but am anticipating the arrival of my Sirio Evo IV motor and pipe setup. Please let me know how the clutch set up works out. I may be looking to change over from the stock setup. I need a little more punch from my clutch.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Looking good Novarossi!

I'm just starting to build my evo WCE, this new evo2 looks so smooth!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Novarossi,

What clutch setup is it that you are using? From the photos it's not stock. Kit looks ready to rock. Nice motor and pipe selection. I'm currently running and IDM .12 in my RRR Evo 2 but am anticipating the arrival of my Sirio Evo IV motor and pipe setup. Please let me know how the clutch set up works out. I may be looking to change over from the stock setup. I need a little more punch from my clutch.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
From the picture it looks like he is using the Sirio Power Clutch.

If you don't have enough punch from the IDM engine with the Kyosho clutch, I think you don't have your clutch setup properly. Either that or your engine isn't running right. The IDM engine has sick bottom end power. If you are using the stock EVO 2 clutch, you should have the 2D clutch. Most I know of have been running that with the stock spring and 4 fly weights. I normally have used the grey shoe with that setup and usually have to detune the setup with the IDM engine.

I also have a Sirio EVO 4 STI engine and run it with the power clutch and it is also very punchy, but a bit more linear on its power band.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello

I bought a RRR Evo 2, but I want to know which clutch is better 2D or 3D?
I saw in the RRR Evo WC edition has the 3d Clutch.

regrads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.