Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
I am alittle confused here...

APP02-2 BRAKE.

Which is it?

OR

The picture of the APP pad you have is of the backside of the pad. Basically you are looking at the backing plate. If you flip it over it will look like the first picture.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #272
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

He could also have the APP01-1
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I picked up a set of the KM racing carbon backed pads on the weekend. They come with a pair of springs that sit between the pads to help them disengage quicker - looks pretty trick. I'll post how they go for stopping power once I've given them a run
Old 09-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

LAST OPTIONAL PART QUESTION, I PROMISE

1. Does the EVO2 use the same gearbox shaft as the RRR?

2. Will VZW102 fit the EVO2?

3. Is there a significant weight difference between the standard gearbox shaft and VZW102?

I have about 70grams to play with so looking to shed some weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-shaft.jpg  

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #275
Tech Champion

Quote:
LAST OPTIONAL PART QUESTION, I PROMISE

1. Does the EVO2 use the same gearbox shaft as the RRR?

2. Will VZW102 fit the EVO2?

3. Is there a significant weight difference between the standard gearbox shaft and VZW102?

I have about 70grams to play with so looking to shed some weight.
nup, the 2 speed is different and so is the shaft. I would think a hollow shaft would save around 20g. Get a set of Ti screws (save ~30g) and an alloy heat sink for your engine and you should be pretty close. Don't forget to weigh your car using the brand of tyres you intend to race with and at the diameter they will be after the final
Old 09-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
nup, the 2 speed is different and so is the shaft. I would think a hollow shaft would save around 20g. Get a set of Ti screws (save ~30g) and an alloy heat sink for your engine and you should be pretty close. Don't forget to weigh your car using the brand of tyres you intend to race with and at the diameter they will be after the final
Where can I get a set of Ti screws? Is there a set for the EVO, or do you buy each one individually?

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #277
Tech Champion

Quote:
Where can I get a set of Ti screws? Is there a set for the EVO, or do you buy each one individually?
I would imagine there is a pack... I haven't really looked yet. I know champ makes their own ti and alu screw kits for cars, it might be worth checking that out if you cant find them otherwise
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I picked up a set of the KM racing carbon backed pads on the weekend. They come with a pair of springs that sit between the pads to help them disengage quicker - looks pretty trick. I'll post how they go for stopping power once I've given them a run
Please do. I am still thinking if it is worth the money to get them or just go with the APPs

Thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #279
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

3racing I think has ti screws from the asian places that do the job nicely and leave you with some extras that you can buy in packs of 8 or 10 cheap.

If you're looking to lose weight, the best is the battery by running lipo but then you have to get a brass battery plate (40+g) and use a voltage regulator

the next best is the half height ko 2413 servos, 10 grams savings each over 2367's. this counters the regulator quite a bit

front spool, ybslow makes an aluminum one thats even lighter than the kyosho one and doesn't seem to wear too much. capricorn makes a brake pulley that uses a plastic gear instead of the bulky aluminum one.

skip the titanium main shafts though and go with hollow steel, odd things will happen to your car.

last but not least, Twister Pro-light tires are good for almost 20 grams for all 4 compared to most of the wheels people run.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #280
Tech Elite

To expand on what Brian said, you can shed some weight by going with a titanium 2sp shaft for the RRR. If you go to a RRR shaft, you will use a plastic pulley instead of the aluminum one. You will also need a few extra 2x11 pins and a brake disc made for the RRR. The plastic pulley and the plastic cam that drives the brake disc came with my RRR EVO WC car, all that was needed is the pins and the shaft.

3 racing makes a titanium 2 speed shaft for the RRR and YBSLOW will have titanium and or solid aluminum 2 speed shafts soon. The cool thing about the YBSLOW shaft(s) is that they will have the pin holes and flat spots so you can use the plastic or aluminum rear pulley.

For Titanium screws I ordered packs from 3 racing. They are pretty well priced and then you can get some extras for when the inevitable happens and you strip one.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
skip the titanium main shafts though and go with hollow steel, odd things will happen to your car.
Care to explain Brian

Thanks.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Quote:
Care to explain Brian

Thanks.
I have been running the same titanium 2 sp shaft for over a year now.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 AM   #283
Tech Champion

Quote:
last but not least, Twister Pro-light tires are good for almost 20 grams for all 4 compared to most of the wheels people run.
ATS also make lightweight rims, christiani something-or-other pro model. Good for people out here in Oz where twisters have only just landed

edit: I have heard of them cracking in crashes though, so if your track has boards steer clear of lightweight rims
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In my experience, the titanium main shaft either binds itself to the bearings, the 2 speed or just doesn't run completely true. Maybe the one I tried wasn't as good as Scott's..

With the capricorn pulley ($50usd I think) you can use the evo2's shaft and not have to swap out all your brake gear, they designed it for the new style shaft with the old pulley and uses the new brake discs (with the two pins, not the squarish oval type shape)

ATS does have lightweight wheels, but not Christiani anymore. I believe they are distributed solely through Twister and IDM (different wheel design, idmtuned.com for info)

The Kyosho style lightweight (barely available) are lighter than the serpent style light weight and both are available in 0/0mm with the kyosho being available in 2mm rears.

Like Craig said though, don't hit anything with these. You can lightly nick some flaps but anything head on will warp or crack these wheels. Basically they took the hardening agent out of the wheel which makes them opaque and super light but also softer which is a tuning aid by itself. Daniele ran the Kyosho style hard wheels for the main at the Worlds if that helps your decision at all and from the pictures I saw he was running the 2mm rear wheel.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #285
Tech Champion

Our local stores are a bit behind the times and still have the Christiani's, I'd imagine now that there is a proper distributor for twister that the new lightweights will come out, cant wait because it's about 10 bucks cheaper for a set of twister than ATS at the moment

Quote:
With the capricorn pulley ($50usd I think) you can use the evo2's shaft and not have to swap out all your brake gear, they designed it for the new style shaft with the old pulley and uses the new brake discs (with the two pins, not the squarish oval type shape)
Capricorn have some really trick stuff, is there anywhere to buy it other than their site, preferably in USD? by the time I convert our dollar to euros, pay the extortionate prices, and then consider shipping I'm up for a couple hundred bucks on even small items

edit: murnan has some of their gear