R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #2701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
You're welcome,now go spank those NT1's/C01's
Do I also need the rear drive cups vz435?
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #2702
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nope,rear drive cups have smaller diameter so they don't fit correctly on the rear diff but there's a great possibility that EDAM lightweight one for the Spirit fit.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #2703
Tech Adept

Quote:
Nope,rear drive cups have smaller diameter so they don't fit correctly on the rear diff but there's a great possibility that EDAM lightweight one for the Spirit fit.
ok ..so the mod is only for the front diff? Is it possible to use the RRR diff cups by modding the pins for the R4 diff rings so it fits?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #2704
Tech Adept

Quote:
Let me clarify...vz435 is the rear diff shafts for the R4. I'm not sure why it would not work with the r4 diffs in the RRR? If I purchase this part, will I be able to also use rear the R4 diffs/case in the RRR? Tx.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #2705
Tech Adept

OK just a clarification for anyone doing the mod, you will need to build the complete R4 diffs with R4 parts, thats casings, gears, o-rings, pulleys, outdrives and also R4 rear Dogbones as there is a 4mm difference in overall width of the rear diff, as well as some 2x 2mm shims to space out the rear bearings from the diff case so it will fit snug in the bulkhead, as well as the bearing inserts for the front bearings.
B.C.Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #2706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja View Post
OK just a clarification for anyone doing the mod, you will need to build the complete R4 diffs with R4 parts, thats casings, gears, o-rings, pulleys, outdrives and also R4 rear Dogbones as there is a 4mm difference in overall width of the rear diff, as well as some 2x 2mm shims to space out the rear bearings from the diff case so it will fit snug in the bulkhead, as well as the bearing inserts for the front bearings.
If its been done!!! Can anyone show pics of the custom parts, and also the finished mod, i read all this...... you need this n that, but i haven't seen no pics and no writeup of the results on the performance gain, if any!! Starting to think either it's to hard to do, or there was no clear performance gain......
Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #2707
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check a couple pages back.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #2708
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
If its been done!!! Can anyone show pics of the custom parts, and also the finished mod, i read all this...... you need this n that, but i haven't seen no pics and no writeup of the results on the performance gain, if any!! Starting to think either it's to hard to do, or there was no clear performance gain......
I'm doing a strip down in the weekend so will take some pics and post em up.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #2709
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm doing a strip down in the weekend so will take some pics and post em up.
Cool, thanks cause i wanna do the mod, i race with nt1's n caps, and it's clear that the rrr can compete, smaller drive train would bring it to there level, just not clear on what exactly i need, pics would def help........
Old 08-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #2710
Tech Elite

Also if anybody is willing to sale the modded parts you need, i will buy them
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #2711
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default EVO 2 chassis

Hey fellas, which is better the R4 diff mod of the Cap/Xray mod? I'm also looking at changing my older Evo1 WCE to Evo2 chassis. Is it a simple change over - just bolt in place?
volumex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #2712
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by volumex View Post
Hey fellas, which is better the R4 diff mod of the Cap/Xray mod? I'm also looking at changing my older Evo1 WCE to Evo2 chassis. Is it a simple change over - just bolt in place?
Yeah chassis everything bolts right up, front mid part just a bit narrower......
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #2713
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Also if anybody is willing to sale the modded parts you need, i will buy them
I've got a mate over here that is pretty slick on the old miniture lathe, I'll see if he can whip up some of the inserts for the front bearings, I already have a bag of shims for the rear so could flick you a couple of those, I need a couple of spares for the front so I should be able to help you out there as well, if I send you one full set atleast then you can take them to an engineer and get copies made. I'll probably see him tonite and hit him up, they are small so it won't cost much to put in an envelope and post even though i'm on the other side of the world hahaha, so when I talk to him i'll be intouch and grab your address, and when made i'll post them at my expense as its just easier that way.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #2714
Tech Elite

Quote:
I've got a mate over here that is pretty slick on the old miniture lathe, I'll see if he can whip up some of the inserts for the front bearings, I already have a bag of shims for the rear so could flick you a couple of those, I need a couple of spares for the front so I should be able to help you out there as well, if I send you one full set atleast then you can take them to an engineer and get copies made. I'll probably see him tonite and hit him up, they are small so it won't cost much to put in an envelope and post even though i'm on the other side of the world hahaha, so when I talk to him i'll be intouch and grab your address, and when made i'll post them at my expense as its just easier that way.
WOW!! I cant thank you enough!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #2715
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Newbie

Hi I know I'm new here but I am keen at
doing the r4 diff mod myself and if you would be kind enough to include me in those diff inserts I would buy some off you. That's if your happy to post Australia.
volumex is offline   Reply With Quote