R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #226
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,163
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.
I use tony screws just under the chasis due to weight other than that titanium all around
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #227
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.
I cant remember if it's RC Screwz or Tony Screwz but one of them are not perfectly metric so strip easy with your 2mm driver. I've heard you can get an imperial driver in fine but I don't have one

Has anyone used the KM Racing carbon backed brake pads? I'm interested to know how they compare to the APP ones as they look to be a similar material
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:11 PM   #228
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Anybody had issues of the car understeering on one side than the other?

I have shaved the steering servo horn to have maximum clearance already so that it does not hit the tank and battery but I am still having understeer on the left.

Steering servo is new, length of steering rod is equal on both sides. Wheels are toed out 1 deg, I am having 100% steering EPA and 100% dual rate on my tx. I cant really figure out why.

The only thing i can think of is get a thinner servo horn.

Any ideas?
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #229
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Has anyone used the KM Racing carbon backed brake pads? I'm interested to know how they compare to the APP ones as they look to be a similar material
I am also wondering if it is worth the bucks to get them or the APP ones.

They come glued... with springs.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #230
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Anybody had issues of the car understeering on one side than the other?

I have shaved the steering servo horn to have maximum clearance already so that it does not hit the tank and battery but I am still having understeer on the left.

Steering servo is new, length of steering rod is equal on both sides. Wheels are toed out 1 deg, I am having 100% steering EPA and 100% dual rate on my tx. I cant really figure out why.

The only thing i can think of is get a thinner servo horn.

Any ideas?
Is the servo horn actually hitting anything? if not (sounds like you've dremeled the hell out of it) then that's not the problem. Have you checked the steering throw to each side on a setup station? Even with all the same settings left and right on the electronics that doesnt mean it'll be the same. If you've done that already then your car is tweaked, so check your shock lengths are all equal left to right, droop, roll bars, spring preload, etc. If you still have issues you'll need to stick it on a tweak station to get the preload spot on
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #231
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Is the servo horn actually hitting anything? if not (sounds like you've dremeled the hell out of it) then that's not the problem. Have you checked the steering throw to each side on a setup station? Even with all the same settings left and right on the electronics that doesnt mean it'll be the same. If you've done that already then your car is tweaked, so check your shock lengths are all equal left to right, droop, roll bars, spring preload, etc. If you still have issues you'll need to stick it on a tweak station to get the preload spot on
the servo horn now looks really like a horn off a goat (literally)
It doesnt seems like its hitting anything.

I have checked everything as you mentioned before. I will change another servo just in case. I just realise my steering servo is making weird noises and it shaking by itself.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #232
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,163
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

for those lookinf for the Evo2 I trhink brooklyn hobbies still has some instock
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #233
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
I am also wondering if it is worth the bucks to get them or the APP ones.

They come glued... with springs.
The other option is the offroad ST-R brake pads, IFW324. I have been using these for years and they provide the best resistance to fading. I'm looking forward to getting the capricorn disc with the internal venting as well instead of the steel one I use today.

I believe they are the same possibly asbestos type material, no springs though but they are $35 too..
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #234
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,163
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
The other option is the offroad ST-R brake pads, IFW324. I have been using these for years and they provide the best resistance to fading. I'm looking forward to getting the capricorn disc with the internal venting as well instead of the steel one I use today.

I believe they are the same possibly asbestos type material, no springs though but they are $35 too..
I just got my capricorn brake disc thru murnanmodified.com looks sweet
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #235
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
I just got my capricorn brake disc thru murnanmodified.com looks sweet
I see the euro affects the price of capricorn gear as badly here as it does through their own website. I may have to wait on that stuff until the economy gets a little worse on the euro side.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #236
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
the servo horn now looks really like a horn off a goat (literally)
It doesnt seems like its hitting anything.

I have checked everything as you mentioned before. I will change another servo just in case. I just realise my steering servo is making weird noises and it shaking by itself.
Where have you mounted the ball on the steering servo arm? I cant remember the exact measurement but I had mine wrong when I first built it. I think I had it at 19mm instead of 17mm. I had to change servo horn to one that lined it up at the correct distance. It hit the top deck otherwise.
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #237
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Where have you mounted the ball on the steering servo arm? I cant remember the exact measurement but I had mine wrong when I first built it. I think I had it at 19mm instead of 17mm. I had to change servo horn to one that lined it up at the correct distance. It hit the top deck otherwise.
your servo horn should also be mounted on the spline so there is a perpendicular angle with the steering rod. A lot of people mount theirs straight on the servo and this makes the steering throw uneven
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #238
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
I just got my capricorn brake disc thru murnanmodified.com looks sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
The other option is the offroad ST-R brake pads, IFW324. I have been using these for years and they provide the best resistance to fading. I'm looking forward to getting the capricorn disc with the internal venting as well instead of the steel one I use today.

I believe they are the same possibly asbestos type material, no springs though but they are $35 too..
Expensive for a brake disc aint it?
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #239
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
your servo horn should also be mounted on the spline so there is a perpendicular angle with the steering rod. A lot of people mount theirs straight on the servo and this makes the steering throw uneven
Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Where have you mounted the ball on the steering servo arm? I cant remember the exact measurement but I had mine wrong when I first built it. I think I had it at 19mm instead of 17mm. I had to change servo horn to one that lined it up at the correct distance. It hit the top deck otherwise.
CraigM, I mounted exactly as you had mentioned.

barg, does mounting the ball on the different sides of the steering servo make a diff? I had my link shorten abit more than what it mentioned on the manual. This for me to align the front wheels without touching much the trim on my TX.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #240
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

just a newbie doubt
I am bulding the front knuckle arm, mounting the blue cap ball of pillow ball. How tight you let it? In manual says to ensure smooth non-binding movement of pillow ball. I always worry about this. For example I can let the pillow ball free but with a small play and I also can set it for a almost 0 play but the pillow ball movements more rough but not draging .. it also moves free without bind. When assembly on suspension arm the, 2 ways moves free up down left right. What are you opnions?
That can sound gay but I'm trying to assembly as possible as I can lol
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net