R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #2191
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
what can I say, kyosho isn't really trying to keep up with the market...... kyosho america doesn't even list parts on their shopping site.

i'd get the capricorn and 5 shoes, weights and a few springs all in one order. i have to eat the shipping from hong kong all the time.
kyosho seems to be going downhill...

there drivechain seems to be lacking behind..

they need to design a smaller diff... it wouldnt be that hard, just get the current design and make the cup smaller...

im seriously thinking about trying to fit a xray nt1 front diff into the RRR..

both NT1 & RRR uses 27t pulley at the front.. so i guess you can just use to NT1 to make it easier..

now who has got a front diff they wanna donate?..
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-26-2010 at 05:47 AM.
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #2192
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
kyosho seems to be going downhill...

there drivechain seems to be lacking behind..

they need to design a smaller diff... it wouldnt be that hard, just get the current design and make the cup smaller...

im seriously thinking about trying to fit a xray nt1 front diff into the RRR..

both NT1 & RRR uses 27t pulley at the front.. so i guess you can just use to NT1 to make it easier..

bearings
RRR - 12x18x4
NT1 - 10x16x4

use 10x18x4 bearing size... a weird size but inner diameter will fit the nt1diff, and the out diameter will fit the rrr bearing hub.. which will hopefully slip into the rrr bulkhead. 10x18x4 is a uncommon size, but boca that size.

now who has got a front diff they wanna donate?..
nice thought,the only thing that one nt1 guy must tell you is the length of the diff in the area that the bearings seat.
if you want to go even further u can try to put a capricorn diff,or a nt1 diff with the capricorn internal seen they are plastic and more light!
just a though!.
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #2193
Tech Fanatic
 
kai888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

time to move to the nt1
kai888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #2194
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
nice thought,the only thing that one nt1 guy must tell you is the length of the diff in the area that the bearings seat.
if you want to go even further u can try to put a capricorn diff,or a nt1 diff with the capricorn internal seen they are plastic and more light!
just a though!.
thats what i thought, thats why i might buy the case to see how it fits?
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-26-2010 at 05:48 AM.
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #2195
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai888 View Post
time to move to the nt1
lol, iv done too much to my RRR to swap... its still a competive car and keep up & beat any other car in stock form...

just saying the only thing it can improve better on is the drive chain - not saying its bad.

iv upgraded the whole drive chain in my RRR
YBSLOW titanium mid/main shaft
Capricorn clutch & brake hub
3racing titanium 2sp holder (coming)
RRR first gear housing iv dremeled some material off (took off 2g)..
titanium bevel gears in front & rear diff.
and im putting xray nt1 dogbones in the rear LOL.

i run xceed foams in the rear as they are the lighest, and matrix on the front (xceed front are too weak for my liking).
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:53 AM   #2196
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

i need shimo shocks.. but everywhere is out.
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #2197
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
lol, iv done too much to my RRR to swap... its still a competive car and keep up & beat any other car in stock form...

just saying the only thing it can improve better on is the drive chain - not saying its bad.

iv upgraded the whole drive chain in my RRR
YBSLOW titanium mid/main shaft
Capricorn clutch & brake hub
3racing titanium 2sp holder (coming)
RRR first gear housing iv dremeled some material off (took off 2g)..
titanium bevel gears in front & rear diff.
and im putting xray nt1 dogbones in the rear LOL.

i run xceed foams in the rear as they are the lighest, and matrix on the front (xceed front are too weak for my liking).
agreed, perhaps I can find someone to measure the nt1's diff although the serpent diff is smaller. the only problem is that serpent is 35f and 40r, we're 37f and 42r teeth so your ratio would be off without 'adjusting' some. the nt1 is 37 for the front but I haven't been able to find the rear, it seems like it should be 42 but I don't have the rear pulley ratio to look at.

kyosho should have seen this with all of the new cars and done more with the shimo.. shimo was all parts already available or made for other cars by kyosho already (shocks just start as an aluminum body, they've had velvet for a year in offroad)
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #2198
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
agreed, perhaps I can find someone to measure the nt1's diff although the serpent diff is smaller. the only problem is that serpent is 35f and 40r, we're 37f and 42r teeth so your ratio would be off without 'adjusting' some. the nt1 is 37 for the front but I haven't been able to find the rear, it seems like it should be 42 but I don't have the rear pulley ratio to look at.

kyosho should have seen this with all of the new cars and done more with the shimo.. shimo was all parts already available or made for other cars by kyosho already (shocks just start as an aluminum body, they've had velvet for a year in offroad)
xray or capricorn would be the easier to fit as they run the same gear/pulley (27t) at front..
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #2199
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

ok, NT1 diff is going in in about a week.
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #2200
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nice,we are waiting fhotos!
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #2201
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Whatever you do it's all up to the driver in the end of the day
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #2202
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

you are right!
but i think a lightweight drive train can help u a bit more.
it's not bad at all!
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #2203
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

is anybody there that use the medium rear rod ends in the shocks?
there is any diff in the rear traction?
__________________
" kyosho rrr wc-team orion crf "
" serpent 966-mega zx21 EM "
" mugen mbx6-picco p7r evo 2 "
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #2204
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
you are right!
but i think a lightweight drive train can help u a bit more.
it's not bad at all!
yeah, as long as you don't "break the bank" and you get some track time, too. Wrenching alone won't help you making a good racer

But -- on the other hand I do understand it's about having a hobby, too, not racing only
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #2205
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
yeah, as long as you don't "break the bank" and you get some track time, too. Wrenching alone won't help you making a good racer

But -- on the other hand I do understand it's about having a hobby, too, not racing only
i do race, but it is mainly a hobby for me to get my head off other things in my free time.

i just like experimenting with thing.

i counted the teeth in the rear diff, it is 42t.. anyone count the nt1 rear diff?
__________________
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX210 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
TEAM DURANGO CARBON DEX410 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS PRO/REEDY SONIC 17.5
TEAM ASSOCIATED B5 - POWERED BY TEKIN RS GEN2/TEKIN GEN2 17.5
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net