R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-28-2010, 02:55 AM   #1921
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

Where can I find Kyosho evo2 titanium screw set?
mydo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #1922
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo84 View Post
Hi guys,

Where can I find Kyosho evo2 titanium screw set?
Its possible that Atomic sells one. I purchased all the screws straight from Kyosho, but they do not sell them as a set.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 AM   #1923
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
I have the Kfactory on my car and they work great but wear faster than the original kyosho's. They give you lots of stopping power, only problem i have is now i have to tighten up my belts because it makes them skip it stops so hard .
I used the K-factory pads for the first time and had quite the opposite experience. The worst brake fade I have ever experienced. Over the course of a 20 minute main I turned up the brakes 25% and still had virtually no brakes. I am going back to my Kyosho APP pads. In 3 years of running the APP pads I never had the kind of fade that the K-factory pads had today.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #1924
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I used the K-factory pads for the first time and had quite the opposite experience. The worst brake fade I have ever experienced. Over the course of a 20 minute main I turned up the brakes 25% and still had virtually no brakes. I am going back to my Kyosho APP pads. In 3 years of running the APP pads I never had the kind of fade that the K-factory pads had today.
Scott you run the shimo?
Matrix Tires
SRC
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #1925
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dru Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
hey Dru,

hope all is well with you and Donna,

obviously the brakes are meant to stop the car. drag brakes if use correctly can actually make you a more consistant driver. if your drag brake is set so that at a certain point before a turn you release the throttle to the neutral position and it slows the car so no further breaking is needed to carry the turn, then the rest is in your timing of you releasing the throttle. you should set your breaks so you do have more breaking if you need it incase of accidents or if you go a little harder to a corner for a pass, also be careful not to set the drag to hard this will cause you to come up short in the corner and is harder to drive.

try it but don't give up to quickly, it does take some time to get use to it.
Thank you Peter and MikaR- I'll give this a try next race.
Peter, see you at the Fort?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #1926
Tech Elite

Quote:
Very odd. Robert was using those back in the day and I don't think he ever had any problems.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #1927
Tech Elite

Did you switch out the springs with the pair that came with the brake pads?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #1928
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
Scott you run the shimo?
I did run the Shimo car, but due to Saturday practice being a total rainout I did not use the Shimo clutch and I ran the old rear shock tower as well. Competition was very light for this race. Car was very good and consistant. TQ'd and won the race. Would have qualified about 5th in the 8th scale race. (keep in mind this was a club race)

Hi Rainier. I used the springs that came with the brake pads. I don't really know for sure what caused the tremendous brake fade, but it was the worst experience I ever had running onroad. Worse than anything I experienced with my NTC3, MTX3, MTX4 or my RRR. I tried to fix something that wasn't broken and I will be putting on a set of Kyosho APP pads. I ran those pads for 3 years on my first RRR and they never let me down and they never wore out.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #1929
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I did run the Shimo car, but due to Saturday practice being a total rainout I did not use the Shimo clutch and I ran the old rear shock tower as well. Competition was very light for this race. Car was very good and consistant. TQ'd and won the race. Would have qualified about 5th in the 8th scale race. (keep in mind this was a club race)

Hi Rainier. I used the springs that came with the brake pads. I don't really know for sure what caused the tremendous brake fade, but it was the worst experience I ever had running onroad. Worse than anything I experienced with my NTC3, MTX3, MTX4 or my RRR. I tried to fix something that wasn't broken and I will be putting on a set of Kyosho APP pads. I ran those pads for 3 years on my first RRR and they never let me down and they never wore out.
Could you keep us updated of how you go with the Shimo clutch? I couldn't stop ours from slipping badly until I removed the flipper style weights from the pivot pins, and put them between the pins; like a Centax clutch.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #1930
Tech Adept

gents,

with the new shimo edition, the new style offset system allows you to shim out the offset.

does this mean we no longer need to buy 2mm offset wheels (ie, "Kyosho" style wheels)
implusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #1931
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by implusepro View Post
gents,

with the new shimo edition, the new style offset system allows you to shim out the offset.

does this mean we no longer need to buy 2mm offset wheels (ie, "Kyosho" style wheels)
The Evo 2 cars were all designed to use zero offset wheels. You could always convert any of the previous RRR cars to use zero offset wheels. All it takes is a different CVD or dogbone (which Kyosho makes) and turn the pillow balls. Also, Kyosho has always had zero offset wheels which look the same, just a different offset.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #1932
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Could you keep us updated of how you go with the Shimo clutch? I couldn't stop ours from slipping badly until I removed the flipper style weights from the pivot pins, and put them between the pins; like a Centax clutch.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I will let you know, but I don't anticipate having that problem as the clutch is like the Sirio (which I have already used).

Next time I will be running the car will probably be in about 2 1/2 weeks.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #1933
Tech Addict

Want to know what kind and size of battery should I use in EVO2? thanks
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #1934
Tech Master

a stick pack style battery, nimh or lipo. these cars are basically designed to use a nimh pack that is heavier than a lipo in general. lipo needs a regulator unless you have high voltage servos and a receiver than can handle 7.4 volts. there are also those rather new life packs available that are like 6.6 volts and standard servos seems to be able to handle that without a regulator.

those who have already tried the "shimo", have you experienced any improvement in your lap times ?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 AM   #1935
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to CivicTuning

Hi everyone,

Which one is better, the RRR WC edition or the shimo edition ?

Thanks.

How is the overall quality and build quility ?
Been unhappy about serpent lately and planning to change ...

Thanks !!

Christoph
CivicTuning is offline   Reply With Quote