R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #1831
TIX
Tech Master
 
TIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,945
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

where do you get the sirio clutch from?
can someone post a link?
__________________
Alan Nankervis.

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #1832
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
where do you get the sirio clutch from?
can someone post a link?

Honestly i've had a hard time finding them. I'd like to stock them in my shop. I've seen them in action at the Kissimmee race and i was impressed.

This is the closest i've seen

http://www.the-border.com/home.php?cat=560

I'd like to see what the new Shimo clutch can do.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #1833
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I believe you can buy the sirio clutch from shopkyosho.com for $100 any time, it says its in stock at the moment.

As for clutches, if you don't understand why a clutch is better for you then you need to use multiple setups and learn what makes a clutch work. Shoe material is important, the green/blue/magenta whatever color is great for short qualifiers but always fails me in longer races (gets hot/glazed) and then other people swear by the yellow shoe that is so popular in 8th scale because of the slip. Recently I started liking the red shoe material for the mains but I qualify with the green one if the traction is high.

In reference I currently use the IDM clutch because it is 3mm smaller in diameter than the Sirio. I use the same clutch shoe material in both although the IDM is smaller (less mass) so I have to use different flyweights and different spring/gap settings. Overall, I think they are both good just how I liked the 2d clutch with 4 weights (4d) with the proper spring so I think every clutch is capable of being good with the right wrench behind it.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #1834
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
I believe you can buy the sirio clutch from shopkyosho.com for $100 any time, it says its in stock at the moment.

As for clutches, if you don't understand why a clutch is better for you then you need to use multiple setups and learn what makes a clutch work. Shoe material is important, the green/blue/magenta whatever color is great for short qualifiers but always fails me in longer races (gets hot/glazed) and then other people swear by the yellow shoe that is so popular in 8th scale because of the slip. Recently I started liking the red shoe material for the mains but I qualify with the green one if the traction is high.

In reference I currently use the IDM clutch because it is 3mm smaller in diameter than the Sirio. I use the same clutch shoe material in both although the IDM is smaller (less mass) so I have to use different flyweights and different spring/gap settings. Overall, I think they are both good just how I liked the 2d clutch with 4 weights (4d) with the proper spring so I think every clutch is capable of being good with the right wrench behind it.
Hey thanks!! The part number is S02120000 I'm seeing it out of stock but I'll call and verify.

I drove one car w/ a stiff clutch spring and another car w/ a soft clutch spring and the snap out of the corner was very different. I'm still trying to get a handle on the tuning options in the clutch gap, weights, shoes, and spring.

Do we have a part number for the new Shimo clutch yet? I'd like to snag one for testing at the Winternats.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:41 AM   #1835
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 11
Default front diff conversion

Need help with the front diff conversion from one way. The servo saver arm hits the diff housing and have no steering.

Are you ment to change the servo arm to the other in the kit, which has a slight kink in it and a tiny bit shorter.

Or dremal the orginal servo saver arm to clear??

Thanks
Keanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #1836
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanas View Post
Need help with the front diff conversion from one way. The servo saver arm hits the diff housing and have no steering.

Are you ment to change the servo arm to the other in the kit, which has a slight kink in it and a tiny bit shorter.

Or dremal the orginal servo saver arm to clear??

Thanks
Change steering ackerman to number 10

Last edited by jca2000au; 12-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #1837
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au View Post
Change steering ackerman to number 10
It's asking too much to change the setup of the steering ackerman to clear the diff.

I believe I read here that the evo2 #12 fits with no modifications, I personally use an aluminum adjustable piece so I had to dremel mine. I would never give up this adjustment for a front diff because of how important I think ackerman is.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #1838
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

I run the #11 ackerman with no dremeling needed to clear the diff. I do know the EVO2 adjustable ackerman (from the M3) will not fit so you need to use the older RRR ackerman plates.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #1839
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default My point exactly!!!

Can someone please! with some kind of pull, tell kyosho to either do a different ackerman or a godamn smaller diffit makes no sense that someone like shimo or other top kcar drivers wouldnot ask for that on the world champion chassis!!
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #1840
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Can someone please! with some kind of pull, tell kyosho to either do a different ackerman or a godamn smaller diffit makes no sense that someone like shimo or other top kcar drivers wouldnot ask for that on the world champion chassis!!
We all know and want the smaller diffs, but it has to make sense financially to retool new parts.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #1841
Tech Adept
 
Chaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bundok ng Tralala
Posts: 176
Default FM429 4D weight inquiry

Hi Guyz,


Would there be any difference on the clutch performance if 4 pcs of FM429 weight will be installed. As per manual, the pix shows only 2 pcs.
I just bought the weights & it has 4 pcs in it. im planning just to put it all.


Thanks in advance,


George
__________________
Xray Nt1 l Xray T3'12 l F104PRO
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #1842
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default ball cups

for the diff you have to use the smaller ball and ball cups it is quite annoying when going back and forth between the diff and solid a slight over site when they went to 1/8th scale ackerman.
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #1843
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
It's asking too much to change the setup of the steering ackerman to clear the diff.

I believe I read here that the evo2 #12 fits with no modifications, I personally use an aluminum adjustable piece so I had to dremel mine. I would never give up this adjustment for a front diff because of how important I think ackerman is.
I really want to see the instruction manual for Shimo Edition as it comes with F/Gear diff.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #1844
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default Shimo manual

Me too! Can't wait to c what parts r used for the ackerman in shimo edition,because I hav never heard of anyone using different balls and ballcups, if so please post some part numbers, so I can order those ASAP! I def think it would b cost effective, for the simple fact that a diff is a major tuning option, and we all love options, if it wasn't such a pain n the ass with 10,11,12 I think everyone would try a diff......meaning i didn't try a diff for a long time because I knew I would hav to change the entire steering linkage, and would b stuck with 10,11 or 12.....kyosho would make more money cause everyone would get a fr diff if they could keep the adjustable ankerman installed......
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #1845
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
Hi Guyz,


Would there be any difference on the clutch performance if 4 pcs of FM429 weight will be installed. As per manual, the pix shows only 2 pcs.
I just bought the weights & it has 4 pcs in it. im planning just to put it all.


Thanks in advance,


George
All clutch questions end in what feels right for your surface. Gap, shoe and spring tension are all unique per setup.

4 weights will sort of have the effect of using a lighter spring, thus allowing the clutch to spool harder and faster. You usually don't want this, but I loved the 4d (what you are describing) with the orion square spring when traction was decent.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net