R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #1816
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 11
Default evo 2 wc build

Finished my evo2 wc build a week ago, had it out this wkd, went good. Putting the diff in the front tho, not a fan of the one way.

tips for the build...

Don't glue anything in the diff on step 1. and be very careful with the oring that seals the diff case, 1st of mine leaked.

I did locktite any of the grab screws on the pulley or 2nd gear clutch till it was alll together and was happy with the spacing.

Be careful when bolting 1st gear spur gear on housing, mine had a wobble 1st time round.

Had a little play between the spur gears, which got shimed

Get the ally servo horn from rcmushroom, no grinding needed

Everything else went together pretty smoothly. Hope this helps with your build
Keanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #1817
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Thumbs up

Welcome to this forum and congrats over a good buy.. just carefully follow the setup sheet when building it. It gives you a good starting point. Otherwise there shouldn't be any surprises or concerns. Many guys run a front spool instead of the kit supplied front oneway so you might consider that right from the start.. but it's no problem to go for one later on, and of course this depends on your local track. If it's a long fast track oneway maybe a good choice though.

e: Like said in the message above, no glueing. Regarding the rear diff make sure to tighten the screws well so it won't leak. Regarding the belts leave them slightly loose and adjustments on the "middle" position.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/

Last edited by MikaR; 12-13-2009 at 02:36 AM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #1818
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Need some thing to protect my eyes whilst driving from wind etc...

I need to find some sort of specs that can prtotect my eyes from dirt, wind etc... they make my eyes water like a tap

Last summer my team went to race at the HPI Baja Endurance Race in Spain and i saw this guy wearing skieng goggles, at first i laughed at him but when i was up their driving in the wind he surely laughed at us as it was really bad.

Is their some sort of eye wear that can seal around the eye with good vision or will i have to get Skiing goggles?

Thanks and all the best

SP33D6 out
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #1819
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Get your self a pair of $11 work-shop glasses

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/phot...473759,00.html




throw on a scarf with these $9 goggles and you'll really look the part

http://www.gemplers.com/product/1440...les-Clear-Lens




If you want to go all out.....$16 bucks

http://www.gemplers.com/product/450T...es-Tinted-Lens


Last edited by Kyo83; 12-15-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #1820
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Could you give me a link to that servo horn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanas View Post
Finished my evo2 wc build a week ago, had it out this wkd, went good. Putting the diff in the front tho, not a fan of the one way.

tips for the build...

Don't glue anything in the diff on step 1. and be very careful with the oring that seals the diff case, 1st of mine leaked.

I did locktite any of the grab screws on the pulley or 2nd gear clutch till it was alll together and was happy with the spacing.

Be careful when bolting 1st gear spur gear on housing, mine had a wobble 1st time round.

Had a little play between the spur gears, which got shimed

Get the ally servo horn from rcmushroom, no grinding needed

Everything else went together pretty smoothly. Hope this helps with your build
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #1821
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Could you give me a link to that servo horn?
Not saying you don't want the ally because I haven't used it and the site hes talking about is http://www.rc-mushroom.com

I run the longest servo horn I can and grind the top deck for leverage. it makes the steering feel more precise to me, but I like to use about 1/4 of the wheel travel in either direction for most of the track although my end points are set to full travel and not beyond so this is a setup related thing for rotation as well.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #1822
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
I run the longest servo horn I can and grind the top deck for leverage. it makes the steering feel more precise to me, but I like to use about 1/4 of the wheel travel in either direction for most of the track although my end points are set to full travel and not beyond so this is a setup related thing for rotation as well.
Can you post photo of your car?
Regards!
m.
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:53 AM   #1823
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Could you give me a link to that servo horn?
Do yourself a favour go down to ur local hobby shop and get urself XRAY 336200 Steering Servo Horn Set. It is fit perfect and correct in height no marlakia grinding or sanding. XRAY part is light year ahead and strong. If you get alu servo horn u will end up kill the spile either from the horn or servo as both are alum.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #1824
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
Can you post photo of your car?
Regards!
m.
I run the KO horn on the highest hole possible, you have to grind the top deck for the forward motion of the servo arm from the under side (probably with it off)

The xray ones are good, but the plastic horns with the aluminium ring around the base are better for strength like the ones from ko, associated and others.

We have servo savers with a spring already, so there isn't much absorbed by the horn itself.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #1825
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
I run the KO horn on the highest hole possible, you have to grind the top deck for the forward motion of the servo arm from the under side (probably with it off)

The xray ones are good, but the plastic horns with the aluminium ring around the base are better for strength like the ones from ko, associated and others.

We have servo savers with a spring already, so there isn't much absorbed by the horn itself.
+1 I also us alum ring that come with KO servo, it will stop screws to come loose.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #1826
Tech Adept
 
Mister-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Amsterdam/Jakarta/Dubai
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a front diff.
My LHS doesn't have the required VZ218, so he gave me the VZ219 instead. Will this fit on the RRR Evo WC?
Been looking for the info on this thread, but I can't find it.
Many thanks in advance for your reply.
Mister-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #1827
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-E View Post
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a front diff.
My LHS doesn't have the required VZ218, so he gave me the VZ219 instead. Will this fit on the RRR Evo WC?
Been looking for the info on this thread, but I can't find it.
Many thanks in advance for your reply.
VZ219 is a lot shorter than VZ218, VZ219 is for real diff. So it wont fit.
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #1828
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au View Post
VZ219 is a lot shorter than VZ218, VZ219 is for real diff. So it wont fit.
LHS fails again, they wonder why we buy online :P
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #1829
Tech Adept
 
Mister-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Amsterdam/Jakarta/Dubai
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tx alot for the feedback guys!

So I have to return the part to my LHS then.

I had a race this weekend and had to run the oneway diff on a small technical track. That's the main reason I wanted to run a diff.
Luckyly, coming from electric on road, I manage to get a decent run although I had to be very carefull with the throttle and brake.
I think a diff would make the drive much easier.
And really curious on the difference in lap time it will make, comparing with one way diff.
Mister-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #1830
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
LHS fails again, they wonder why we buy online :P
Hey my LHS would have given him the right part.

Shimo kit coming soon. I'm curious to see the new clutch!!

What are the benefits of the new clutch vs the old clutch or the sirio clutch?
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net