R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #1681
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Thanks, no problem at all. Upgrading is also good chance to get yourself a set of hex Ti screws if you like.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #1682
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default evo2 brake disc & pad

hi guys, anyone here have issues with the stock brake disc and pad?

i for one really need a drastic improvement in the braking zone. loose some precious timing during races due to failure to brake in the last possible moment. saw few guys replacing with optional disc and pad. any comments .thanks in advance
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #1683
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
hi guys, anyone here have issues with the stock brake disc and pad?

i for one really need a drastic improvement in the braking zone. loose some precious timing during races due to failure to brake in the last possible moment. saw few guys replacing with optional disc and pad. any comments .thanks in advance
I am with you on this one!

Stock brakes feel a bit inconsistant, could be the wheels size wearing down to a smaller diameter. kindly confirm.

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 AM   #1684
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

A good brand for Titanium Screws?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #1685
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
hi guys, anyone here have issues with the stock brake disc and pad?

i for one really need a drastic improvement in the braking zone. loose some precious timing during races due to failure to brake in the last possible moment. saw few guys replacing with optional disc and pad. any comments .thanks in advance
Most of the higher level drivers run a steel disc and then either the 777 offroad brake pads, or app pad. I think the 777's are better personally. Both are more like a real cars brake pad and you don't have to glue them.

There are some vented, thick discs.. but I don't really think you need them because the heat goes into the pad, not the spinning disc as much.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #1686
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
A good brand for Titanium Screws?
3racing has the cheapest from the usual hongkong stores, I think you can get a kit for the RRR (or NT1, its about the same) for like $35-40.

Titanium is soft though, no matter who makes it. All of the brands strip unless you have a new tip and are careful. Don't install it on any of the major impact/stress areas like the shocks, the shock towers, motor mounts, and key mounting points for the top deck or they can sheer off.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #1687
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
I am with you on this one!

Stock brakes feel a bit inconsistant, could be the wheels size wearing down to a smaller diameter. kindly confirm.

Thanks
well, about time we start to make some changes to these parts.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
Most of the higher level drivers run a steel disc and then either the 777 offroad brake pads, or app pad. I think the 777's are better personally. Both are more like a real cars brake pad and you don't have to glue them.

There are some vented, thick discs.. but I don't really think you need them because the heat goes into the pad, not the spinning disc as much.
thanks fyi.
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #1688
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

anyone got a good basic/start setup point that i can use?

have no idea where to start?
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #1689
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
3racing has the cheapest from the usual hongkong stores, I think you can get a kit for the RRR (or NT1, its about the same) for like $35-40.

Titanium is soft though, no matter who makes it. All of the brands strip unless you have a new tip and are careful. Don't install it on any of the major impact/stress areas like the shocks, the shock towers, motor mounts, and key mounting points for the top deck or they can sheer off.
I thought of buying Luntsford titanium screws. any reviews??
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #1690
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
I thought of buying Luntsford titanium screws. any reviews??
the lunsford ti-screwz that they used to sell were second to none. the current ones look the same but they're way cheaper. the old ones used to be like $4 each but maybe titanium is getting easier in the market. the 3racing ones will do fine for $40 total, and the entire car worth of steel vs titanium was something like 20g, quite noticeable.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #1691
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default which is first.

?just wonderin, when u go down to the track, in which order do most of u guys do or think would be best in getting your final setups.

these r not in order
?1. engine tuning and runtime
?2. car setups ( alignment,droop, shock, width, tyres, etc )
?3. 2 speeds engangement
?4. gearing selection
?5. cluth and centax adjustment
?6. practice your racing lines

please add if i miss out anything., thanks
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)

Last edited by rcabj; 11-03-2009 at 08:13 PM.
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #1692
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
anyone got a good basic/start setup point that i can use?

have no idea where to start?
the manual setup is really good, I barely tweak it

600 front/rear oil with middle blue springs
middle top shock positions front/rear
camber to match tire wear (-1 in the tire on the back and near flat on the front)
3 degrees of rear toe-in
0 to 0.5 degrees of toe-out in the front
lowest and longest rear camber link with 2mm shim under the upright side
front RC in the top hole
rear RC in the 2nd from bottom hole (down for more rear traction)
silver sway bar, not the blade type.
flat front blade bar
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #1693
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
?just wonderin, when u go down to the track, in which order do most of u guys do or think would be best in getting your final setups.

these r not in order
?1. engine tuning and runtime
?2. car setups ( alignment,droop, shock, width, tyres, etc )
?3. 2 speeds engangement
?4. gearing selection
?5. cluth and centax adjustment
?6. practice your racing lines

please add if i miss out anything., thanks
#1 engine tune to at least something usable
#2 tires
#3 gearing, shift points and engine tune, they kind of go together
#4 clutch to get off the corner
#5 roll centers
#6 droop
#7 shock fluid or spring, very rarely changed for me.

I will usually play with the brakes a bit, not much though.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #1694
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

would running 0mm offset on the rear make a difference??

cos i got a rrr wc and i think its recommended to run 2mm offset on the rear.. but 0mm offset are easier to get and alot cheaper for me.

is there a adaptor that i can use so i can use 0mm offset rather than converting the whole rear

edit:

just did a search.. can either get part VSW007 - which driveshaft are 2mm longer

or use a 2mm washer/shim between the hex and wheel.

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 11-03-2009 at 11:51 PM.
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #1695
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN View Post
would running 0mm offset on the rear make a difference??

cos i got a rrr wc and i think its recommended to run 2mm offset on the rear.. but 0mm offset are easier to get and alot cheaper for me.

is there a adaptor that i can use so i can use 0mm offset rather than converting the whole rear
All you have to do to "convert" the rear end is unscrew the pillow balls and change the rear CVD's to the Evo 2 CVD.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net