R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #1591
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default kyosho parts on line VONE RRR WC

Where online is everyone getting parts for the VOneRRR WC kit. I have been to kyosho site but they don't have the 55 or 56 spur for this kit.

Thanks
shanesva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #1592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesva View Post
Where online is everyone getting parts for the VOneRRR WC kit. I have been to kyosho site but they don't have the 55 or 56 spur for this kit.

Thanks
I just logged into Kyosho and it shows both gears in stock. Try calling them.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #1593
Tech Adept

V-ONE RRR“SHIMO”エディション

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/r...duct_id=105760

boy2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #1594
Tech Addict

Guys, bought the rear thinnest rear sway bar, the one that is colured like brass / copper but as soon as i tested it it felt really good but it got bent with no crashes etc. I arranged it with a plier and it bent again fromt the same place. anybody had the same issue ??
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #1595
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Guys, bought the rear thinnest rear sway bar, the one that is colured like brass / copper but as soon as i tested it it felt really good but it got bent with no crashes etc. I arranged it with a plier and it bent again fromt the same place. anybody had the same issue ??
Nope. I have run that thin bar several times. Still have it.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #1596
Tech Addict

Guys what are the different handling caracterstics that will effect the Evo 2 if i replace the front drive ratio from the stock 23t pully to the 24t pully? Also if i replace the pully to a 24t will i have to replace the belt with a 387 belt? or can i sue the 384 belt?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #1597
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Guys what are the different handling caracterstics that will effect the Evo 2 if i replace the front drive ratio from the stock 23t pully to the 24t pully? Also if i replace the pully to a 24t will i have to replace the belt with a 387 belt? or can i sue the 384 belt?

Thanks
As far as handling I didn't like it compared to the 23t. The 24t gave the overdrive feel, so it felt a little lazy when transition from turn t turn. Yes, I would run the correct belt.
Matrix Tires
SRC
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #1598
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default pulleys

Here's my understanding of changing the pulley, I don't think it changes the handling of the car except for this reason. when you run the 23 tooth pulley you run a 2mm split between the front and rear tires the front tires smaller by 2 mm. usually the rear tires wear more then the front tires so in a long main the rears end up as small as the fronts now if you run the 24 tooth pulley you split is equal so if your rears end up to much smaler then the fronts then you deffinetely have handling issues and also smaller fronts usually mean better stearing. you can run harder rear tires to compensate for the extra wear in the rear. the best thing is to try and test it and you may find that it works for you. some other may have a little more to add to what i said
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #1599
Tech Addict

so if i run the 24t pully i will need the 387 belt right? can't use it with a 384?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #1600
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique

using 24 pulley ,car also looses a bit of rear grip, so i was using a big more droop in the front , compared to the rear and soft sway bar.but i think the whole point of running a 24 pulley is to run rubber tires.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #1601
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
being so thin once the bar is bent it makes the bar weak.. if your bar is bending with out any hits your car is not tweaked . not balanced left to right. balancing it will remove that problem. i have bend a 2.1 bar . its not uncommon.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #1602
Tech Addict

Default Where why and how to set Droop on the Evo 2

Hey guys can someone be so kind and explain why would you increase or decrease droop on an onraod car. Would it aid oversteer, understter bumbs etc...

Basically i want to get the outmost for a tight bumby track with not to much grip.

Also what about the upstop??

Thanks very much
Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #1603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys can someone be so kind and explain why would you increase or decrease droop on an onraod car. Would it aid oversteer, understter bumbs etc...

Basically i want to get the outmost for a tight bumby track with not to much grip.

Thanks very much
Bumpy tracks are relative to the individual, but lets say it is truly bumpy and you are running 6+mm of ride height to get around without burning a chassis per run.

More downtravel will allow the car to feel more controlled over the bumps because the tires will follow them instead of skip over them. Up stops are really just there to limit how hard the chassis hits so you can place them close to where the chassis bottoms out. You can adjust the shocks bottoming with the shock end lengths too (there are 3-4 plus different bottom shock retainers)

More rear downtravel will allow you to have more roll in the car and have the rear wheels still touching the ground, with less you have the risk of one raising and causing you to spin because the weight is toward the front of the car in most corners.

More front downtravel will allow the front suspension to work a bit under acceleration through the bumps and give you some steering while the weight is on the back of the car.

Front up travel can be limited to stop the amount of weight transferred to the back of the car during acceleration (think drag racing, front wheels off the ground puts 100% of the weight on the rear tires but no steering)

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #1604
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks very much
what is your current setup? . we can work from there.and explain how your car is handling , and what you would like to achieve to make your drive better .
droop plays different role with different setting. i tend to change few other things before i play with droop.
but majorly front droop affects how your rear end of car handle. and rear droop affects the front handling of the car.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:02 AM   #1605
Tech Addict

Actually i am having a hard time measuring droop to the exact melemeter. Do you have some tricks of how to measure droop?

What i am sure of is that i adjusted the car to have around 3mm droop in the rear and around 1mm on the front. That would hopefully aid the steering in high speed turns since weight will be shifted upfront and also work out through the bumbs.

Thanks

Update i do have a droop gauge and bars for underneath the car but not sure of what and where i have to measure with the gauge.

Last edited by speed6; 10-01-2009 at 02:18 AM.