Orion Lap Counter System

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion Lap Counter System

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Mine just arrived today, cant wait to play with it over the weekend. Hell, may throw some dots in the alley tonight just to learn how to use it.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

To get the best results, you should punch a small hole in the left side of the body where the door is and push the led through this hole. The sensor will only pick up your laps if the led is pointing directly at it. If the led is at an angle, behind window tint, you drift by the lap counter sideways, etc. it will not pick up the lap.

I've been debating on whether to get the pc cable and software for it. I'm not sure I want to tote along a laptop to the track.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

How much was your setup psycho? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Don't tell anyone, but Sheldons (go figure) has the lowest price. I think it was $179. They had one left when I was there yesterday. Castle had one when I was there today and they want $189. Hmmm... I guess I spend quite a bit of time in hobby shops. Tower wants $239 for it! Bunch of crack smokers...
Old 01-04-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Ouch! The pc-link and software is $82.99 at Tower! I guess I can write down the info.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

I got the pc link software today as well. It's pretty handy to pull all the info from the device quickly and much easier to get all the track info at a quick glance. Is it worth $80?? That I don't have an answer yet, I need to play with it some more. One bummer is that the PCS itself doesnt have the tripod mount built into the base, so purchasing the tripod is a good move.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I rec'd mine tonight.Wow that thing is small.I don't know why but I expected it to be much larger