Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-06-2003, 11:08 AM   #31
Tech Master

Default Re: First Reports...

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
For what it's worth...

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=8679

I don't know if modellor or Corse-R is already at the tracks practising and setting up their cars...
I didnt get either in the end. . My gran's health is just too bad and I decided to stay at home with her instead. Always next year. I'm in no rush to be Euro and World Champion . Still plenty of years racing in me yet.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:05 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Ok,how many think that Michael's radio will give him problems again?I am hoping Julius does well,he's a top bloke and helped me out many times through email when i was running my impulse pro back in the day.

Corse R,hope you take plenty pics,especially of the mtx3s and watch out for those fires!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #33
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: First Reports...

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I didnt get either in the end. . My gran's health is just too bad and I decided to stay at home with her instead. Always next year. I'm in no rush to be Euro and World Champion . Still plenty of years racing in me yet.
Hey modellor, sorry to hear that. Yeah, perhaps next time

BTW, how many of your mates get to go finally?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Ok,how many think that Michael's radio will give him problems again?I am hoping Julius does well,he's a top bloke and helped me out many times through email when i was running my impulse pro back in the day.
I always thought it was an excuse... If the Sanwa radio is that shitty, then might as well dump it. There are a lot more radios out there that are good.

Yeah, Julius is pretty helpful. Always willing to lend you a helping hand and giving you the right answers
Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #35
Tech Master

Apart from sponsorship reasons I dont see why he would stick with Sanwa. In Europe they are really poor. I had one way back (1990) and it gave me nothing but bother. Interference, took notions if it was going to operate at all. Since then I have used my trusty Futaba FF3 (Got it in 91 and still using it - never had any trouble with it and it has never been serviced).

Someone asked about the venue for next year. I was told that the UK are trying to secure the 1:10th euros next year. Now that a Brit is Chairman of EFRA I wonder whether this will be pushed through for definate. I hope it is in Britain. Save me a fortune and I'll know what tires will be working in advance.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:34 PM   #36
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: First Reports...

Quote:
Hey modellor, sorry to hear that. Yeah, perhaps next time

BTW, how many of your mates get to go finally?
Not sure but I know a lot of the guys pulled out. There were supposed to be 5 others going from my local club but I know none of them went. They all sat back thinking they would get deals on flights and hotels. In the end the prices went up by treble and they couldnt afford to go. When I got tickets for flights last December it was costing 180 return ($288) and just 3 weeks ago it was costing around 500 return ($800).
Old 08-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #37
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Apart from sponsorship reasons I dont see why he would stick with Sanwa. In Europe they are really poor. I had one way back (1990) and it gave me nothing but bother. Interference, took notions if it was going to operate at all. Since then I have used my trusty Futaba FF3 (Got it in 91 and still using it - never had any trouble with it and it has never been serviced).
Yup, Futaba rules
Old 08-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: First Reports...

Quote:
Not sure but I know a lot of the guys pulled out. There were supposed to be 5 others going from my local club but I know none of them went. They all sat back thinking they would get deals on flights and hotels. In the end the prices went up by treble and they couldnt afford to go. When I got tickets for flights last December it was costing 180 return ($288) and just 3 weeks ago it was costing around 500 return ($800).
Well, that's unfortunate... I hear that you can get cheap flights through EasyJet. Do they fly directly to Portugal?
Old 08-06-2003, 09:48 PM   #39
Tech Prophet

Default For what it's worth...

Taken from mytsn;

Under some controversy Finlands Teemu Saarinen has gained pole position after round 1. The Officials had found that the Finish drivers crankshaft was exploiting the rules a bit much. The topic of discussion being the turbo scoop which was found to be touching the inner hole, however after engine experts had looked at it more closely he was allowed to keep his time but not allowed to use the crankshaft anymore.

Saarinens pole time was 7 seconds quicker than the second placed Austrian driver Manuel Huber. Huber inherited his position after the Dutch driver Julius Kolff was found to be 2 grams underweight.

Michael Salven was the only driver who was really able to keep with the finish driver and was staying in contention until half way through the heat when his engine stopped. It is obvious at this early stage which drivers are setting the pace with Salven and Saarinen's laptimes being 4 tenths quicker then any other driver at this event. It will make for a very exciting qualifying and race.

The top ten after round 1

1. Teemu Saarinen - Finland
2. Manuel Huber - Austria
3. Sebastian Wartelle - France
4. Stefan Habbecke - Germany
5. Mirko Morgenstarr - Germany
6. Timo Rinne - Finland
7. Mickael Mitt - France
8. Jean Claude Berron - France
9. Michael Selner - Austria
10. Niklas Hakanson - Sweden

We will have to wait till tomorrow when there will be at least 2 rounds of qualifying run. We hope that the forest fires wont affect the races, as you can see from the pic taken at the track they are close by.

Ummm, Team Serpent overall had a bad day with both Michael Salven having engine problems and Julius Kolff being underweight Hopefully, things will be better today
Old 08-07-2003, 12:25 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I always thought it was an excuse... If the Sanwa radio is that shitty, then might as well dump it. There are a lot more radios out there that are good.

Yeah, Julius is pretty helpful. Always willing to lend you a helping hand and giving you the right answers
What,an excuse,you really think michael would make one of those if he loses?

He's lucky that they don't end the sponsership cause he keeps bagging there products,lol.Stick with KO and you'll never have any major headaches!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 01:04 AM   #41
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First Reports...

Quote:
Well, that's unfortunate... I hear that you can get cheap flights through EasyJet. Do they fly directly to Portugal?
Easyjet are the cheapest at this time but they dont fly direct to Portugal. I had my airline tickets and all booked long ago (180). Just hoping I can get my money back now.

I have already started making travel plans for the Winternats in Ft. Myers next February. I will be going over to it for sure. It looks like it will cost around 300 for the flights for that one.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:22 AM   #42
Tech Adept

Michael Salven, TQ after round 2

Michael Salven has set the time for the others to beat. Driving his NovaMega powered Serpent 705 he took the top spot with a storming run after previous TQ holder, Teemu Saarinen of Finland, was not able to keep with the pace and eventually made a mistake taking himself out after 3 and half minutes.

Micahel Salven provisional TQ

Well, Guys ,, these are the latest news from the Snake Pit,, no problems at all in this second round of qualifying ,, just a flawless run by Michael Salven

Ciao!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 01:50 PM   #43
Tech Master

Am I missing something. The rules I received say that qualifying is being run on a different format (not the most laps over a 5min run). It was supposed to be the best 5 combined fastest laps in any single qualifier decided the finals.

When did it change?

But it is good to see Serpent at the top again. I think this year will be a Serpent white wash. 1:8th Euros 1st and 2nd, if all goes well they will get the 1:10th Euros in both classes. And top it off with both World Championships.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:23 PM   #44
Tech Elite

That track is seriously amazing!!!!!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

I agree,but not only the track,the whole facility looks awesome!

Modellor,in regards to the 1/8th world champs,don't count your eggs before they've been layed let alone hatched(J/K),it's going to be a mugen,kyosho,1,2,3 i would probably say 2 mrx3s and Adrian B with his kyosho. (i have put on my flame suit and am ready for you snakes that have left your pits)

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 08-07-2003 at 04:49 PM.