Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Skyline VR12 plus pipe >

Skyline VR12 plus pipe

Skyline VR12 plus pipe

Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Skyline VR12 plus pipe

I have a Hyper 12 motor and was wondering if anyone has good news on this pipe. Just purchased one and eagerly waiting for arrival.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
I have a Hyper 12 motor and was wondering if anyone has good news on this pipe. Just purchased one and eagerly waiting for arrival.
Should be better than the original one...
Old 03-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

To be honest John, I really liked the Orion CRF pipe like yours, but was impatient and bought the Skyline pipe and manifold instead. I am hoping the Nova carb will make the engine work a little better with the new pipe.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

To be honest John, I really liked the Orion CRF pipe like yours, but was impatient and bought the Skyline pipe and manifold instead. I am hoping the Nova carb will make the engine work a little better with the new pipe.
yes do let us know the result...I will be testing the 0.8 module gear...hoping it will improve the acceleration...as the track is only about 40m x 15m
Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Although I haven't used this pipe with a Hyper 12, I've gotten good results using it with O.S. TZ Motors.

There are more racers (using other different motors) that posted their own testimonials about this product here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61092

Last edited by Ron C.; 03-02-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Good pipe works well with different types of motors I've use it on 3 different motors with no problems.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

let u review it closer... ......
Old 03-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have to say that this pipe is by far my favorite so far. It's the most durable pipe I've owned and has worked extremely well with the motors I've ran with it (N12LL3, JLR12)This pipe is going on it's second season w/o any dents. The only problem that I've experienced is the manifold holes for the exhaust springs tend to wear faster than others I've used, but maybe that's more of my issue than the products
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanks596
I have to say that this pipe is by far my favorite so far. It's the most durable pipe I've owned and has worked extremely well with the motors I've ran with it (N12LL3, JLR12)This pipe is going on it's second season w/o any dents. The only problem that I've experienced is the manifold holes for the exhaust springs tend to wear faster than others I've used, but maybe that's more of my issue than the products
I had this same issue as well as some other friends I race with. The holes on the manifold are extremely close to the edge of the manifold that the springs eventually slice through the side rendering it useless until you drill new holes.

Does anyone know if Skyline is aware of this issue and if they are fixing it with new pipes coming out?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chemical X
I had this same issue as well as some other friends I race with. The holes on the manifold are extremely close to the edge of the manifold that the springs eventually slice through the side rendering it useless until you drill new holes.

Does anyone know if Skyline is aware of this issue and if they are fixing it with new pipes coming out?
I have also had this problem.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

After readingall the hype about this pipe i eventually got one and am really impressed with its perfomance compared to my JP, Mega, Sirio and kfactory pipes.Its got the broadest power band and very tough.
Its my new pipe of choice that I have ordered another.
Was surprised at how many top drivers raved about it.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I have also had this problem.
I have too. I have redrilled it so many times it's about done for. Has anyone checked to see if we can buy just the header pipe?
ps: I just emailed Skyline with that question, I fill you all in if I get a responce.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Ellis
I have too. I have redrilled it so many times it's about done for. Has anyone checked to see if we can buy just the header pipe?
ps: I just emailed Skyline with that question, I fill you all in if I get a responce.
Lee Muse (Winner's Circle) posted that he had some about a week or so ago. Not sure if he still has any. Try email/phone.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Skyline pipe is very good low to mid range, but flatens out on the top for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Exhaust Seal

Hi, guys I currently run my pipe on a LRP Spec3 motor but for some reason every time I run my car within 30mins my manifold seal is ripped apart and the leaking starts. I am using the standard Orange seal that comes with the pipe and the extra tight skyline spring. Now I am eating up spares, could I be doing something wrong, is the spring too tight, or is the seal cheap or is it just normal??

What have you guys done to fix this issue??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.