Hey guys, quick question for ya...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hey guys, quick question for ya...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey guys, quick question for ya...

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post, I'm new here. I have a Power Racing XR80, I hate the shaft start system, it always strips out. I went through 3 one-way bearings already. Does anyone know if there is a flywheel for a starter box or a pull start available, if there is does anyone have a link? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If the flywheel you have is close enough to the bottom of the chassis then all you need is a starter box to crank it up. If not you may need to get a non pull start motor plus engine mounts and maybe a flywheel. I'm not sure but I believe Mugen MRX-3 mounts and clutch parts fit that car.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried using a starter box already and it doesn't fit in the chassis cutout. I cut it bigger (length & width) but it still won't make contact with the flywheel. Thanks for the response though.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, you probably need to get lower motor mounts then. You will also probably have to convert the motor over to non pull start or get a new non pull start motor. I know they made the mounts for that car but if you can't find them Mugen ones might work too. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will confirm this.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Heres a question for you

The Mugen motor mounts will not work on the PRP XR8 or the XR 80
Contact Happy time Hobbies in Ca, and order the one piece motor mount, and then use the Mugen clutch system<clutch flywheel, clutch bell,complete assembly> The PRP clutch bells are prone to split into because they are aluminum.
PRP does make a two piece motor mount, but if you are going to change it out, the one piece is much better.
Both motor mounts allow the engine to sit lower in the chassis, and this will allow the flywheel to make contact with the starter box.
For a little more fuel capcity, us the Kyosho Evolva fuel tank. The top chassis plate will need a little dremmel work<very little> but the Kyosho tank will then drop right in.