Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MORR Race Schedule 08 and Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

rob,

im not trying to cause disrespect here, but if you look at the bare bones facts of, morrs track, your track and garys track, the number of feet in the demensions dont add up. your openly admitting your track is small, so why are you telling me im slamming your track? and what gripes me is that you know well in advance when we have races, we even scaled our schedule down to make racing a bigger deal so people would come. you know when our races are and you still schedule races on days we have em. if you look at your previous posts over the winter about not letting it die and we gotta keep this goin ect., having races the same day we do isnt really prooving that, and whether or not guys fom your track come to our track, its taking away one more person that could effect whether or not we set the track up. so whats left if theres no MORR, your track and garys track. just stating facts here, nothing to be offended by.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EvolvaRacer20
rob,

im not trying to cause disrespect here, but if you look at the bare bones facts of, morrs track, your track and garys track, the number of feet in the demensions dont add up. your openly admitting your track is small, so why are you telling me im slamming your track? and what gripes me is that you know well in advance when we have races, we even scaled our schedule down to make racing a bigger deal so people would come. you know when our races are and you still schedule races on days we have em. if you look at your previous posts over the winter about not letting it die and we gotta keep this goin ect., having races the same day we do isnt really prooving that, and whether or not guys fom your track come to our track, its taking away one more person that could effect whether or not we set the track up. so whats left if theres no MORR, your track and garys track. just stating facts here, nothing to be offended by.

EvolvaRacer20,

lets keep this forum.....a happy posting area...my track is what it is ...small for a small turnout. my track can be bigger !!! I have wood & inner boards for a 70 x 200 layout...but with a small turnout,I feed them with a small layout.

Fact is : everything @ my track is paid off with alot of overtime & side jobs

# laptop computer

# 70x 200 wooden track layout

# AMB r/c system with( 20 trans)

# $700.00 (autoscore program)

# 3000watt generator (super low noise)

# 700 watt p.a system

# 6 man driverstand

# $ 4000.00 in r/c cars & equipment

Also: been running races for the pass 10 years.....

Not out to make money......Just to make fun!!!!...for the racers!!!

Fact is: I'm out to Promote........not to Demote any Club

not every beginner is into big & fancy tracks....that's why my club was started......if you know anything about business......just because theres a "Burger King" on every corner...dont mean I cant try "Dairy Queen"

Not to make a big deal on recruiting racers....that ran @ my track & moved to the "Morr track"...about 25 racers over the years......its my job to show them the way......."Morr Club"...job too keep them..

if your trying to blame me for the low turnouts.....I dont have to show anymore>>> (My Back Breaking) support to the "Morr Club" from here on out!!!!

XXXXXXX.... later...

Last edited by NIXFIX NITRO; 08-26-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: type o
Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc racing dude
Only 1 morr member showed up to set the track up.
I was there also, but I have an hour drive to get there so I wasn't there until after 9am.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Im glad u came out to do some on road racing.But track set up is at 7:30 am, so if u want to race u need to be there early to help out with the track set up. But then again the other members didn't bother to show at all.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Can't we all just get along. I believe Rob and Gary's effort's play a vital roll in the Rc community in our area. Rob and Gary's track attract the newbee's combined with the fact that Rob and Gary are willing to race any thing on wheels(2 or 4)
This really broadens his range of customers. This is where I started 8 years ago racing a t-maxx. Myself and (Carlos) are very grateful for Rob's efforts. Don't get me wrong I am totally committed to the Morr track. Racing with Rob really does not challenge my skills But I love helping the new guys coupled with the fact I love to race rc cars no matter how small the track.
But to be honest the average Joe is not going to buy an onroad car and head over to the Morr track. He'll probaly buy some sort of buggy or truck and run up and down the parking lot.
If we want to keep the RC scene alive in our area we have to come to some type of compromise that would bring all three clubs(Morr,Rob,Gary) together and we can have a whole range of races. I know that is easier said; than done. But we have to work together on this.

Elliott

Pass you soon...
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Can't we all just get along. I believe Rob and Gary's effort's play a vital roll in the Rc community in our area. Rob and Gary's track attract the newbee's combined with the fact that Rob and Gary are willing to race any thing on wheels(2 or 4)
This really broadens his range of customers. This is where I started 8 years ago racing a t-maxx. Myself and (Carlos) are very grateful for Rob's efforts. Don't get me wrong I am totally committed to the Morr track. Racing with Rob really does not challenge my skills But I love helping the new guys coupled with the fact I love to race rc cars no matter how small the track.
But to be honest the average Joe is not going to buy an onroad car and head over to the Morr track. He'll probaly buy some sort of buggy or truck and run up and down the parking lot.
If we want to keep the RC scene alive in our area we have to come to some type of compromise that would bring all three clubs(Morr,Rob,Gary) together and we can have a whole range of races. I know that is easier said; than done. But we have to work together on this.

Elliott

Pass you soon...

O agree totally Elliott....and helping the noobs is much appreciated (I'm a Noob). You helping the noobs may be your downfall though, because with a little more track time....I will be smoking you like a pack of Newports!!!!

Al Dancy
Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aldizzy
O agree totally Elliott....and helping the noobs is much appreciated (I'm a Noob). You helping the noobs may be your downfall though, because with a little more track time....I will be smoking you like a pack of Newports!!!!

Al Dancy

Bring it on!!!! Everyone is entitled to a dream.

Pass you soon...
Old 08-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Elliott for all your unselfish help and support you are appreciated . By the way I still have clutch shoes for you .Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtx3ron
Thanks Elliott for all your unselfish help and support you are appreciated . By the way I still have clutch shoes for you .Thanks
No problem. I need to get that clutch shoe before the last MWS race in Toledo. I believe it is Sept 23. So I will keep in touch so we can make the hook up.

Pass you soon...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Bring it on!!!! Everyone is entitled to a dream.

Pass you soon...
That's true and your dream is called "A Nightmare on Mugen Street" starring Al Dancy as "Freddy Mueger"... I know it's corny but it was the best I could come up with!

Hey seriously though Elliott,Ron and whoever else runs MTX-3'S where do you guys get your parts from? I still need a lower front A-arm. I would like to buy a lot of extras. I already know about ebay is there anywhere else. I haven't been able to find the lower front arms on ebay.

Al Dancy
Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

That's true and your dream is called "A Nightmare on Mugen Street" starring Al Dancy as "Freddy Mueger"... I know it's corny but it was the best I could come up with!

Hey seriously though Elliott,Ron and whoever else runs MTX-3'S where do you guys get your parts from? I still need a lower front A-arm. I would like to buy a lot of extras. I already know about ebay is there anywhere else. I haven't been able to find the lower front arms on ebay.

Al Dancy
The first place I would check is the forsale forum(just be careful you know your seller). But if you want to buy them out right I get all my mugen parts form Ashford Hobbies(his inventory is always live). Good price, always ships item the same day you purchase them. If you order before 3:00pm the parts will be at your door the next day via UPS ground.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

The first place I would check is the forsale forum(just be careful you know your seller). But if you want to buy them out right I get all my mugen parts form Ashford Hobbies(his inventory is always live). Good price, always ships item the same day you purchase them. If you order before 3:00pm the parts will be at your door the next day via UPS ground.
Good looking out! Hey I run into your cousin at this spot me and boys frequent, I'm trying to bait him back into racing. Him bouncing his car off the walls like a pinball at Morr kinda turned him off. He still has a little desire left, and me telling him it's all part of the game kinda eased him but i'm working on him.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Yea I'm working on him also. I'm was hoping Rob would have another race I think rob layout would really build his confidence.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Al Dancy
Al,
You should try your LOCAL hobby store! Virtually every hobby store has an account with Horizon (distributor). Horizon has the arms in stock, so even if your LHS has none, he can get them in very short order. If you guys support your local store, he may send some more racers your way!.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by duneland
Al,
You should try your LOCAL hobby store! Virtually every hobby store has an account with Horizon (distributor). Horizon has the arms in stock, so even if your LHS has none, he can get them in very short order. If you guys support your local store, he may send some more racers your way!.
I'm all for supporting the LHS'S but it seems like if you're not ordering Traxxas or some other low end brands they really drag their feet with the orders. I only have Hobbytown anywhere near me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.