R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ View Post
I used the fuel all last year and am Very pleased with it. Big Ponies, easy tuning and long engine life. Trouble is it's very hard to get at the big races. If I race locally(Midwest) I could only buy it from one retailer(there now out of business) or stock up when I was in Canada. I don't like switching fuels, but I may be forced to because of availability. Maybe Tornado would consider support races like the Byrons Race? GLC sponsorship? Winternats support? Sedan Nationals support? etc etc. If not.....I may be forced to switch due to availability.

hey RayJ,

With Putnam Propulsion, it will be much easier this year for you to get your hands on the fuel. We will be supporting more races this year. We will be at GLC, the 8th scale NAT, Capitol classic and some of the Toledo club race as well. Just contact Putnam Propulsion and they will help you out.
Tornado Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Hello Everyone-

Just thought I would pass on some good news. I just returned from The Speedline Grand Prix in Houston, Texas and am happy to report that the great performance of Tornado Fuel has struck again. I was lucky enough to TQ and win the 1/8 open class using Tornado. I must say that Tornado has far exceeded my expectations for quality and performance. I have been using the fuel for over a year now, and have not had ONE engine related, or fuel related problem. Also, the fuel has provided consistancy in the engine performance which makes the engine easier and more predictable to work with.

Thank you very much Tornado for all the support, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Capitol Classic!

Scott Kimbrow

Tornado Fuel Exclusive USA Distributor-speedlinegpr.jpg
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Congratulation Scott, on the excellent results at Texas.
See you in June at the Capitol Classic.

Thank you
Tornado Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #49
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kimbrow View Post
Hello Everyone-

Just thought I would pass on some good news. I just returned from The Speedline Grand Prix in Houston, Texas and am happy to report that the great performance of Tornado Fuel has struck again. I was lucky enough to TQ and win the 1/8 open class using Tornado. I must say that Tornado has far exceeded my expectations for quality and performance. I have been using the fuel for over a year now, and have not had ONE engine related, or fuel related problem. Also, the fuel has provided consistancy in the engine performance which makes the engine easier and more predictable to work with.

Thank you very much Tornado for all the support, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Capitol Classic!

Scott Kimbrow

Attachment 324721
congrats scott on your win !!!! see you the capitol classic
jimmy
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Paul View Post
I think we need to give these guys a break. I for one does not use Tornado, I use Byron. On that note, I still want to say congrads on becoming the exclusive distributor. I am sure that was no easy task. Fellas, competition is healthy for our sport. Having more options is in my opinion a great thing. The fuel is more expensive, but no one is forcing you to buy it. I HATE the prices of Novarossi engines, but I still buy them because of the quality and performance. If you cannot justify paying that price for fuel then dont buy it, but lets not knock someone who is just giving us more options. I actually have wanted to try it, but also stayed away due to budget reasons. Best believe though, if I do break down and try some, and it works well.....guess what fuel I will be using. Bottom line, if it works, then people will buy. I didnt post this to start or fuel (no pun intended) any arguments, but we as racers must appreciate all that is done to grow this level of the sport here in the USA. As much as we love it, and see the passion involved with this level of racing, we cannot hold a candle to all the parking lot/backyard bashers who truly make this hobby the million dollar industry it is. Therefore, I support anyone/anything that popularizes on-road racing. Having one more fuel to choose from makes thing better for us, I think...........
paul well said the more companys come into this sport the better it will be for all new fuels new cars new engines new tires are all a plus !!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kimbrow View Post
Hello Everyone-

Scott Kimbrow

Attachment 324721
Way to Scott, good job, cant wait to see ya at the Capitol Classic to defend your title looks like the competition is getting hotter this year anyhow see you in June and once again congrats
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Congrats Scott! Awesome job-

We attended the first series race of the ECDOS Tour in Cherryville, NC this past weekend-

In the EDM Open Mod Class, I TQ'd by 2 laps, Set a new track record by a lap and Won the A-Main by 2 laps. 3 out of 6 in this class chose Tornado Fuel.
Ambient temp/weather went from 80 and dry on Friday to 45 and humid on Saturday, and the General had no trouble nailing the tune after the big weather change within the first 1/2 of tank, while others struggled most of Saturday.

In the Limited Late Model class, (Stock out of the box OS TG's) Tornado 16% was 2-3 tenths a lap faster than the CW/Truespeed 20% Fuel in testing-(CW/Truespeed 20% is the handout spec fuel for the class)

I continue to be impressed by this product...
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
Trinity Platinum race blend fuel was used by Collari (that won) in the 2003 1/8on road Worlds in Cincinatti not Tornado.

p.s. The proof Car Action Magazine January 2004 and onwards.

hkboy,
Maybe you should know that the IFMAR website has informations of "who" (meaning the person) won each years IFMAR championship, not "what"(equipment) won the championship.
Trinity Platinum was on the can.....What was inside!!
serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #54
Suspended

Default fuel

trinity platinum?
airtraficontr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Congrats ScottWTG!!!

Congrats Tornado, Kyosho and Team Empire as well. I hear Jim Adkins and Rick Davis didn't do too bad either!!!

See you guys at the Capitol Classic!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Trinity Platinum was on the can.....What was inside!!
Tornado is not even available at that time, anyway lets say something else is in the can..........then it is still Trinity Platinum that won because Collari stood behind the product.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #57
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 04-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Any idea when your website will be updated? We're coming into the race season and no updated website. Also will we be able to buy direct from you? With shipping regulations what will be the shipping configurations.....that is 2.5l bottles only?? Minimum purchase? C'mon guys...........if you want people to buy the fuel an updated website would be helpful on purchasing the product. Sorry to sound abit harsh here.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #59
Tech Regular

RayJ:

As posted earlier, we are building an entirely new site from the ground up- we have outgrown our current site. The new site will house our new on-line speed shop as well as our current product line. This won't launch until it is complete and all of our new inventory for our speed shop is in stock. More details on that when the site launches-

We have been selling/shipping Tornado fuel to dealers/racers since the announcement was made. For now, the majority of the fuel will be in 2.5L tins, but we do stock some 5.0L. No minimum purchase.

Business hours are M-F, 9-5 EST. As also posted earlier, call our shop for any additional information and to place your orders.

Regards,
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
518-452-0422
Old 04-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #60
Tech Regular

Next stop on the tour...

We will be at the next ECDOS tour race #2 at Thunder Valley Speedway in Wilson, NC April 18-20 with fuel on hand...