R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Tech Regular

i know that we were paying for a 2.50l wich is just over a half gallon anywhere from $25-35 depending on where you bought it
Old 03-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
How about $35.00/gallon.
Not knocking the fuel.....but close to more than double the price of Byron's,Maxey's,Werk's,O'Donnels,PowerMaster....an d others!!!!
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
How about $35.00/gallon.
You are incorrect, as meronr said, it is $25.00 to $35.00 for a 2.5 liter can, which is way less than a US gallon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRAD View Post
Not knocking the fuel.....but close to more than double the price of Byron's,Maxey's,Werk's,O'Donnels,PowerMaster....an d others!!!!
You got that right SRAD. if you think about it, 1 US gallon is 3.7843 liters, which if you calculate it at $27.00 per 2.5 liter, then it is $40.50 per US gallon.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
You are incorrect, as meronr said, it is $25.00 to $35.00 for a 2.5 liter can, which is way less than a US gallon.

You got that right SRAD. if you think about it, 1 US gallon is 3.7843 liters, which if you calculate it at $27.00 per 2.5 liter, then it is $40.50 per US gallon.
2.5liter can is .66 gallon, so just a little over a half a gallon so if you were to buy two cans which would be 5liters or 1.32gallons would be paying anywhere from $50-70 for more than a gallon because Tornado doesn't come in gallon cans..On another note if you were to buy the big can of Tornado (5liters) as i did some times last year it ran you anywhere from $50-65 a can so a little savings but not much...
Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
2.5liter can is .66 gallon, so just a little over a half a gallon so if you were to buy two cans which would be 5liters or 1.32gallons would be paying anywhere from $50-70 for more than a gallon because Tornado doesn't come in gallon cans..On another note if you were to buy the big can of Tornado (5liters) as i did some times last year it ran you anywhere from $50-65 a can so a little savings but not much...
Is the fuel that good to pay 2x the price that we normally pay for
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii View Post
Is the fuel that good to pay 2x the price that we normally pay for
I tell some guys the same thing but one i run the fuel it is crisp burn, engine inside very clean lot of our racers use this fuel but as all are saying it is a bit costly. It is not a not regular racers fuel if you race it is not bad, because the amount of time spent on track and time working on car between not allow you to burn a lot of fuel. if price is better more would buy for sure. but i really believe the fuel is good my engine was really at best performance with it and it was visible. no needle changes just switch fuel and bam car was faster on clock.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #22
Tech Adept

What's the status of the previous North American distribution that was based out of Toronto?
GSwayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSwayze View Post
What's the status of the previous North American distribution that was based out of Toronto?
Gary,

RC1 Racing is still unchanged. You can still get it in Canada from Greg - RC1 Racing.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Thanks Brian!
GSwayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to matts6887 Send a message via MSN to matts6887

I'm just kinda curious and am wondering; since I have honestly never heard of this fuel before; How might some say it compares to some of the other fuels out there currently such as byron's, maxy, trinity and the like just to name a few? On a sidenote if it really is 40 bux a gallon!!! thats probably something my wallet wont be able to handle lol. I mean how will they sustain the business by pricing it at $40.00 a gal when quite a few if not most of the others out there are anywhere from approx. $25 to 35/gal depedning on the brand and what retailer u may goto? Just kinda wondering about it thats all.
matts6887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
I'm just kinda curious and am wondering; since I have honestly never heard of this fuel before; How might some say it compares to some of the other fuels out there currently such as byron's, maxy, trinity and the like just to name a few? On a sidenote if it really is 40 bux a gallon!!! thats probably something my wallet wont be able to handle lol. I mean how will they sustain the business by pricing it at $40.00 a gal when quite a few if not most of the others out there are anywhere from approx. $25 to 35/gal depedning on the brand and what retailer u may goto? Just kinda wondering about it thats all.
Hello Matts6887,

Tornado Fuel has been in business for the past 20 years. We are well known in the European and Asian market. We are just coming into the American market. We have a few World title under our belts and the newest one is the 2007 in Argentina.
As for the pricing question, we understand the pricing is a little high, and it all because the fuel are coming from Europe.
As for the difference of the fuel comparing to the others, I can only suggest you to try it. A lot of people ask us the same question, but once they tried the fuel, they understand why.
If you have a chance to pick up the fuel. Just try it. You will like it.
And if you have any more questions about the fuel, let us know.

Thanks
Tornado Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally really like the fuel and wish I could run it all of the time. My wallet can't handle it.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its easy to win world championships when you're the only fuel allowed.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Its easy to win world championships when you're the only fuel allowed.
You are very correct, the only fuel during the 2007 1/8 scale Worlds in Argentina, is Tornado, then of course no other brand fuel can compete, therefore it should'nt be claimed that it "won" the world championship, but of course it won, only there is no other brand competing
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can only win if you compete, and when only one brand is allowed, there's no competition. Therefore Torando didnt win anything.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote