Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ntc3 Vs. Ntc3 Rtr

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ntc3 Vs. Ntc3 Rtr

WHAST THE DIFFERENCE IF I GET THE RTR WHAT DO I HAVE TO BUY TO MAKE IT LIKE THE REGULAR KIT? I WANNA BUY A BETTER KIT THEN MY RTR RS4 BUT I DONT WANNA BUIL DIT I JUST WANNA TAKE IT OT THE BOX. SORRY FOR WRITTING IN CAPS MY KEYBOARD CAP BUTTON IS STUCK. WHAT ARE GOOD CARS THAT ARE ALREADY BUILT THAT ARE FOR RACING.
THANK YOU
Old 07-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just bought the NTC3 kit for a few reasons, one it has a 2 speed tranny, and it doesn't have a crappy radio.. (the blazer). two, i wanted to build my own kit because when i do crash (you will to) you will know how to repair your car. it also didn't come with an engine, which allows me to put whatever .12 i want in there.

i chose the NTC3 kit because if i bought the RTR i would of spent $50 on the 2 speed tranny, threw away the radio and bought a better one. put in a better engine... it was just SMARTER do get the kit.

why buy the RTR when im going to replace/upgrade the whole thing?

+ i want my own painted body
Old 07-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Definitly get the kit if you get the ntc3. Every part on the rtr would have to be replaced to make it a team kit. All the rtr parts are made of cheaper flexier plastic and Ive also heard the the chassi has alot of flex and bends. The radio that comes with the rtr is also pretty crappy and alot of people get defective ones. If you dont believe me about the parts check the issue of rcca where they rate the rtr ntc3 rcca even says so.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AE Racer
Definitly get the kit if you get the ntc3. Every part on the rtr would have to be replaced to make it a team kit. All the rtr parts are made of cheaper flexier plastic and Ive also heard the the chassi has alot of flex and bends. The radio that comes with the rtr is also pretty crappy and alot of people get defective ones. If you dont believe me about the parts check the issue of rcca where they rate the rtr ntc3 rcca even says so.
You have AE mixed up with Losi who does use a different grade plastic in their RTRs. AE use the same plastic but cuts cost by not including the 2 speed transmission, threaded aluminum shocks and plain turnbuckles and a couple other things I can't remeber at this time. But you are right about the radio, the tires are lame and the body, well it just says RTR.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

There are 2 camps on the plastic issue. Having messed with other people's RTR's I believe that there is a difference in the grade of plastic used. The response of people in the other camp is that the parts all have the same part numbers. Just because the parts have the same numbers does not mean that the RTR and kit parts are the same. Why wouldn't AE just sell the more expensive (kit) parts as replacements?
Old 07-12-2003, 08:46 PM

Just say no! To RTR Kits!
Old 07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

even though i recomend the kit over the rtr
i would trade my alluminum cvd's
for the steel rtr ones any day , i'm tired of
bending these alloy ones
Old 07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Lythion
There are 2 camps on the plastic issue. Having messed with other people's RTR's I believe that there is a difference in the grade of plastic used. The response of people in the other camp is that the parts all have the same part numbers. Just because the parts have the same numbers does not mean that the RTR and kit parts are the same. Why wouldn't AE just sell the more expensive (kit) parts as replacements?
i think ur thinking about grafite parts

which dont come with the team kit either
Old 07-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

how much are both kits the rtr and regular? i have a rs4 rtr i can practically take it apart if i wanted to waste time so do you think i can buold the kit? also so can i hang with the mtx-3 and 705 in racing with the kit and what engine does the kikt come with?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

well the kit doesn't come with an engine, radio, or Tx... just the car.

i bought the kit as my first RC car, and so far its about 50% complete (recieved it thursday) its been pretty easy so far.

ive seen the kit as cheap as $250.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

I WENT TO A SITE AND IT SAID KIT WITH REAR EXHAUST
Old 07-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

no kits come with engine
Old 07-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by me43
i think ur thinking about grafite parts which dont come with the team kit either
Nope, I have both the kit composite (spares) and the FT carbon kit.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Bxclip
I WENT TO A SITE AND IT SAID KIT WITH REAR EXHAUST
When you get the kit, they give the choice of header/pipe since the rear exhuast engines will need a speical pipe to work with the car.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by R1ceboy
When you get the kit, they give the choice of header/pipe since the rear exhuast engines will need a speical pipe to work with the car.
You also get a header and pipe for a side exhaust engine with the pull-start kit. Plus taller motor mounts and larger flywheel.

The non pull-start kit includes a header and exhaust for a rear exhaust engine. Plus lowered engine mounts and smaller flywheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.