R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to jbrians Send a message via AIM to jbrians Send a message via Yahoo to jbrians

I finally bought one! No, not an RTR and not the LD3.

I got an HPI RS4 3SS kit. The nice thing was I bought a cool JR radio! 2 speed included, nice .12 engine that produces more than a horsepower. The LD3 RTR had a lame transmitter and engine. Good thing I saw the HPI. the handling is nearly superb out of the box, much better than my old Kyosho MKII.
jbrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #32

There are only 4 things that are different from the NTC3 and the RTR version.

1. RTR has a single speed and the kit has a 2 speed, but you can get the 2 speed already assembled and by taking just a couple of things off your single speed drops right in.

2. RTR has unidrive (axles and bones) that are steel instead of the CVD's from MIP, I personally like the unidrives just a hair more weight, but they are really though.

3. RTR doesn't have the threaded shock bodies that the kit has but you can buy the threaded shock bodies and use the same seal assembly that come in the RTR.

4. With the kit you can get it in either rear exhaust non pull version, or side exhaust pull start version. The RTR comes as a pull start version, but easy to convert to a non pull with some minor work. Parts needed are a: Backplate, engine mount and flywheel. (You do have to cut the knub off the crankshaft to install the back plate, but easy to do.)

As for the composite that comes in the RTR its the same material that comes in the kit.....RCCA doesn't know what they are talking about!

Oh yea as for the Limp D_ck 3 (LD3) good luck finding parts and hop ups for that lame copy..ofna (Oh F_ck Not Again) can't design anything on there own, so at least they back pour the molds of the best...Has ofna ever made anything on their own....I don't think so.....
4cellovalrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:31 AM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jbrians

nice .12 engine that produces more than a horsepower.

im sorry, but that engine doesn't even come close to 1hp

put it this way, a guy at my track had that car and when he was coming down the strait at WOT

a guy from behind with a MT-12(1.15hp) ramed right into him

and that thing has no low end at all, the guy that had it was always reving his mid range just to keep up with MT-12's that were just coasting past him

im not at all impressed by that kit

and i would pick a NTC3 RTR over it any day(yes i drove a friends one, even though i have the kit)
me43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:12 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to spitfire Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

Quote:
Originally posted by me43

im sorry, but that engine doesn't even come close to 1hp

put it this way, a guy at my track had that car and when he was coming down the strait at WOT

a guy from behind with a MT-12(1.15hp) ramed right into him

and that thing has no low end at all, the guy that had it was always reving his mid range just to keep up with MT-12's that were just coasting past him

im not at all impressed by that kit

and i would pick a NTC3 RTR over it any day(yes i drove a friends one, even though i have the kit)
its not that bad of an engine if you use it what its made for, the parking lot or side street. Its plenty fast for the new comer and basher alike. i think he is right. it is a fast engine. specially when its the only one you've seen
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:34 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

not to burst anyones bubble,but I have the SS kit...that motor is a dog...even compared to the12 SIDE EXHAUST std cvr(which NITRO rated at .9 hp)...\\my SS was way faster with the os upgrade..

and when I put the RB turbo in it,it was stupid fast..but that ruined the handling..(which is another whole issue)..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:09 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DraKhen99

I wasn't gonna chime in with MY RS4 horror story, but I guess I will, now that others have done the same...

I got an RS4 RTR 3. What a mistake... 15FE engine out of the box sucked a$$. Throw in an HPI 12R SC bump-start engine, RD Logics pipe, and 2 speed... worth a measly few MPH.

Picked up a barely-run Nitro TC3 RTR with 2 speed already installed, and I'm off and running in the 50+ MPH range, with 10 times the car.
DraKhen99 is offline   Reply With Quote