Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which car would you have? NT1/MTX-4R/V1RRR WCE

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Which car would you have? NT1/MTX-4R/V1RRR WCE

Just like to have a discussion on which car would be a better car to have. Understand that cars at these levels usually are largely similiar but just like to hear which one you guys own or prefer and why?

I have tried the V1RRR WCE and the MTX-4R and I find the WCE a tad heavier. However, the V1RRR seems more surefooted in corners and seem to handle better. The MTX-4R seems to understeer more.

Any opinions about the NT1? Upon visually inspection, it seeems like a better design car but that purely my opinion. The receiver seems to be placed in a horrible palce on the WCE. Gets in the way of the throttle servo arm at times. The servo also seems very vulnerable to side impacts too.

As for parts, the WCE parts are more expensive compared to the MTX-4R but the MTX-4R parts are no way as sturdy as the WCE ones. My MTX-4R breaks front arms lvery easily.

Maybe just a poll of who has what and why your choice of the car?
Old 03-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Setup is everything... there is no "this car is understeering" and "that car is oversteering". There's no point in switching cars trying to find out which one is "the best", there is no such thing. Just get one car that you like, get to know it and learn to set it up. All cars you listed are top notch and will win races in right hands and right setup. If you want an easy way, get the one that has local parts support and setup support. If you believe you can do it all on your own and want to be different, get the one that nobody has.
FWIW, I've ran MTX-4 for 2 years and been very happy with it. Haven't broken any suspension parts (upgraded the rear shock tower to 4mm after couple of races just to be sure, but the R already comes with 4mm). MTX-4 is very easy to set up, has a large tuning window and a generic setup works pretty well on most tracks, you don't have to "chase the track" constantly. Small changes here and there make it even better (or sometimes worse)
Old 03-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Another tireless discussion of which is better thus again will begin ... no problems, that's why this hobby will continue on, hopefully for the better.

On the right-hand side bar of the front page of 3hobby.net you can see a list of unbiased, unsponsored build and test reviews of the cars I have except for the RRR and 720. I don't have the RRR (due to various reasons to do with timing and resources) and the because I am planning to use the 720 more than the others cars I did not do a 720 build review (some of the folks who know me also knows me as a Serpent nut). At the end of the day though the build reviews are just my personal opinion as a non-expert driver (occasional A though) ... nothing scientific and not proven by stats of me being able to win more races with one car over another. I just hope, as a minimum, the reviews help others build their cars better. There are also videos of the test drives.

What Olev said above about setting up, winning potential of your list as well as parts and support availability is correct. Yes some will have more expensive parts than others but you can shop online and get the best prices. If you want to support your local hobby shop then you will pay more ... that's what "support" means. You shouldn't really compare costs of parts from one make to another because they are of different quality and quantity usually.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katze
Just like to have a discussion on which car would be a better car to have. Understand that cars at these levels usually are largely similiar but just like to hear which one you guys own or prefer and why?

I have tried the V1RRR WCE and the MTX-4R and I find the WCE a tad heavier. However, the V1RRR seems more surefooted in corners and seem to handle better. The MTX-4R seems to understeer more.

Any opinions about the NT1? Upon visually inspection, it seeems like a better design car but that purely my opinion. The receiver seems to be placed in a horrible palce on the WCE. Gets in the way of the throttle servo arm at times. The servo also seems very vulnerable to side impacts too.

As for parts, the WCE parts are more expensive compared to the MTX-4R but the MTX-4R parts are no way as sturdy as the WCE ones. My MTX-4R breaks front arms lvery easily.

Maybe just a poll of who has what and why your choice of the car?
give the team magic G4RS a try?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Ooops, my mistake, there IS an RRR build review as well there, by SmoothSteady ... its not the WCE version but lots of info there.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try serpent 720..great car.easy to setup
Old 03-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Two best cars on the market are S-720 and X-Ray NT-1
Old 03-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would have the one I could easily get parts for.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=katze;4220919]Just like to have a discussion on which car would be a better car to have. Understand that cars at these levels usually are largely similiar but just like to hear which one you guys own or prefer and why

All top 4 cars are prob as good as each other,at our home track in N.S.W
Australia,we have a 100kph straight and sweeper,we had the 2001 1/8 scale
worlds here which i was told took a lot of the top drivers a while to get the
track down ''pat''. we have a mixture of NT1s, MTX4r s , RRRs, and G4s
no 720 s. Kyosho and mugen seem to be winning a lot,and nt1 s starting to
generate inter est,but the later seems to need heaps of hop up and parts from other brands ,but is getting there .Mugen win straight out of box as
Kyosho do. I run a mugen because of this reason and parts are dirt cheap
easy to set up and nice looking car,but i not a mugen tragic.I so far am still learning and getting better with help from guys who know. TOP drivers at our track could win with any of top brands so its really whats best for you and your track support. HOPE THIS MAY HELP SOME.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

At our local club (same track as gseventeen spoke of) 2 weeks ago..
we had the quickest lap put down by a mugen, TQ by a xray NT1 and the A final won by a kyosho so any of those top 3 cars are capable of winning
Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
At our local club (same track as gseventeen spoke of) 2 weeks ago..
we had the quickest lap put down by a mugen, TQ by a xray NT1 and the A final won by a kyosho so any of those top 3 cars are capable of winning
NT1 is definately less prone to gear stripping than the mugen though. this is evident when there is high traction, and the mugen's chassis flexes more.

MTX4R is a good option as it has all the options installed already, same goes with the RRR.

your options are:

wait until the worlds when mugen and kyosho release their new cars, or get a fully hopped up rrr or mtx4r now. either way, if you wait for the new cars to come out you will be in the same boat as xray owners are in now, in that, if you want cvd's, alloy hex hubs, better brakes, and other hopups on the car you will have to purchase them.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its interesting that you say the MTX4R is weak. I have had next 2 no breakages with the MTX4, and i have had some pretty serious crashes. And the opinion of most people that the the MTX4 is stronger than the RRR.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Its interesting that you say the MTX4R is weak. I have had next 2 no breakages with the MTX4, and i have had some pretty serious crashes. And the opinion of most people that the the MTX4 is stronger than the RRR.
Why MTX4 is stronger than RRR :

1. RRR use grub screws while MTX4 use fine thread screws
2. RRR usually have problems with ruined rear center middle pulley and 2speed 2nd gear.

Handling of each car depends on hand / skill.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have to disagree with both of you guys regarding which car breaks less. They are both good. The only part I ever break on the RRR is the front uprights.

On the Mugen, the same part broke for as well as the rear a-arms and the every once in a while spur gear. They are both durable enough, but I feel the RRR is a bit better. I have never lost a pulley in over one year of running the Evo.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the three cars. I have the Mugen, my close race buddy have the V1 RRR WCE and another buddy has the NT1. All three are about equal on any given day on any given track. However, if you do not set the car up properly (to your driving skills and tendencies), make adjustments to constantly changing track conditions, and develop some decent driving skills, it would not matter which one of the three you choose because you will suck with an expensive, high dollar car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.