R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Glow Plug. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/21134-glow-plug.html)

tkhoo 07-11-2003 02:43 AM

Glow Plug.

Hi, as I know that if we run the engine too lean and this will cause the glow plug 'damage' more fast, how about if we run too rich?? Normally with bodyshell, the temp should go to how high?? max 120 degree C??
That day i try to change OS#8 to Nova#6 plug, I need to increase
the ideling needle, is this normal?? It can ideling for around 10 second than die but for OS#8, it can ideling for wthw whole tank. If the engine can't start, what should we check first, second and etc.

Thanks.

khoo

Im2lazy 07-12-2003 07:56 PM

I find that OS plugs... especially the 8 have made my engines idle extremely well. While the difference wasn't as huge as you found, but it was still noticeable that the OS kept it idling much smoother.

If you run too rich, what happens is oil builds up on the plug. Too much and the plug will become fouled up and run just as innefficiently as a plug run in overly lean conditions. A plug lasts longest in an engine that has been properly tuned everytime it has been run.

NightLife 07-12-2003 08:02 PM

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/glowplugs.asp

thats an article on glow plugs, i think it might help...

tkhoo 07-13-2003 06:39 PM

Hi Nightlife, may I know that why my steering can turn more?? I already adjust all the the D/R trim............I need to make big turn to make a turn, is this because of the controler?? I using stock Yokomo GT4 AM controller. please advice.

khoo

patricktoh 07-14-2003 06:42 PM

Originally posted by tkhoo
Hi Nightlife, may I know that why my steering can turn more?? I already adjust all the the D/R trim............I need to make big turn to make a turn, is this because of the controler?? I using stock Yokomo GT4 AM controller. please advice.
Basically you can
- softer front tyres/harder rear tyres
- soften front springs/harden rear spings
- increase front toe out
- reduce front ride height/increase rear ride height
and many more.....

tkhoo 07-14-2003 06:50 PM

Patricktoh, I think this problem is from my Tx?? I use stock Tx.

- softer front tyres/harder rear tyres - mean by using press at the center of the tire?
- soften front springs/harden rear spings - the tensioner of the spring??
- increase front toe out - increase front / \ or \ / sorry
- reduce front ride height/increase rear ride height - front low and rear hight?? Can u let me know the value.

thanks.

:confused: :rolleyes:

patricktoh 07-14-2003 07:10 PM

I don't thing TX causes this understeer problem. Have you adjust the steering EPA or dual/rate. My NTC3 only has about 15 degrees turn at each end.

- softer front tyres/harder rear tyres - mean by using press at the center of the tire?
>If it is rubber then softer insert. If it is form then use lower shoe.

- soften front springs/harden rear spings - the tensioner of the spring??
>Normally spring has rating for e.g 30lbs. Use lower rating.

- increase front toe out - increase front / \ or \ / sorry
>Fornt toe out means \ /. Look at your toes.

- reduce front ride height/increase rear ride height - front low and rear hight?? Can u let me know the value.
>For a start you may set front ride height -1mm aganst rear's.

tkhoo 07-14-2003 07:26 PM

So, if just turn 15 degree each side u need to use big turn to go for one tight corner?? Yes, I already maximum the dual rate at my Tx.

If it is rubber then softer insert. If it is form then use lower shoe. Lower the shoe mean what..... :confused:

Fornt toe out means \ /. Look at your toes.
Yes, I running this type but u want me to increase it?? This will eat the tire inside ( near the chasis ). How yours?? Same??

For a start you may set front ride height -1mm aganst rear's. this mean front lower rear 1mm than if still can't go for 2mm diff.??

thanks.