R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   first few hop-ups?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/21054-first-few-hop-ups.html)

NightLife 07-09-2003 08:31 AM

first few hop-ups??

just made the order for my NTC3 :) was wondering what you guys thought about the first few hopups, the ones that will really make a big differnce in racing...

ordering the black pixi tommrow, and the JR XR3i arrived yesterday. now i need to order my KO PROPO servo, and whats a good analog throttle/brake servo?

InitialD 07-09-2003 08:40 AM

The fix, tires, pinions and spurs:D

You may to try KO's 2174 analog servo for the throttle. 12 kg of torque:nod: :sneaky:

CRASH 07-09-2003 10:24 AM

Good Race Hop-Ups for NTC3

1: Dual chamber Pipe
2: GH Chassis(lighter then stock)
3: One-way(depends on your driving style, brakes or no brakes)

and like InitialD mentioned:

1: Tires
2: The Fix
3: Spur gears and Pinions

As for a servo either:

1: JR Z4750
2: Airtronics 94357 or 94358

jcrouse 07-09-2003 10:29 AM

Spur Gears and Pinions ????

Tell me more about your recommendations for the above items, please.

CRASH 07-09-2003 10:31 AM

Spur Gears and Pinions

You need an assortment of spur gears and pinions so that you may adjust your gearing for different types of tracks and conditions. The Associated ones are good and there are some other companies that make them as well.

Later:)

NightLife 07-09-2003 10:39 AM

what is "the fix"? and the GH chassis? where could i find these?

chorner 07-09-2003 10:41 AM

I would say ...

Steering rack and brake lever bearings
Spring set
Pinions
Lots of foam tires
Tube of Stealth Lube
Low profile wheel nuts, and aluminum wheel hexes (can tighten down the wheel nuts more without them binding)

You don't really need the fix in my opinion. What I did was to grab some 5/8" 4-40 screws (or 1/2" 4-40's) and use them in the center hole of your shock towers. Not a single problem with them. (mind you no really hard crashes yet; but I wouldn't expect any car to take a full speed inpact without damage). Your new kit should come with the updated diff cases, and the white delrin gears so you should be set.

Later!

chorner 07-09-2003 10:43 AM

btw, forget buying a new aftermarket chassis plate.. just run the car with the stock chassis plate its perfectly fine. Don't waste your money; wait until you scratch the crud out of the stock plate first, or bend it out of shape.

NightLife 07-09-2003 11:02 AM

i wasn't looking to buy it, just wanted to know about the chasis, if its so much better how come its not stock?

chorner- thanks for the ideas...

NightLife 07-09-2003 11:13 AM

ok i know this isnt a hop-up, but what kind of reciever pack do i need? how long will it last on a charge, and what kind of charger...?

sorry for all the questions...

chorner 07-09-2003 11:31 AM

I bought an RDlogics 1000maH rec. pack, was cheap too .. $18.99 I think it was. So far, I've yet to run out of juice while running the car. Its been through an entire race day without recharging, and atleast an hour straight driving it around in a parkinglot with juice left to spare.

This is with a Jr4750 servo for steering, plus the metal geared servo that comes with the JRXS3 (fm synthesized). Might be different with other brand servos and radios .. don't know how much of a difference but there's enough juice to run for atleast an hour straight. Anymore than that I have no clue :lol: I havn't bought a fail safe yet

CRASH 07-09-2003 11:44 AM

GH Chassis

The GH Chassi is made by GH Hobby:

http://www.ghhobby.com/

This chassis is 2 ounces lighter then stock chassis and alot stiffer.

The fix is not necessary you can do what chorner suggested and it works fine as well.

Clamping hex hubs are a must, Yokomo makes a nice set for the car.

You will probably also want to upgrade your drive shaft. As well as probably wanting to get some swaybars.

As for a RX battery, 1100maH NiMH should be fine. Should last you 3 5 minute qualifiers and a 20 to 30 main easily. The Duratrak Intellipeak Digital Pulse charger is perfect for these types of batteries. Not very expensive either.

One other thing you will want to do is to add 2 o-rings to the front side of the gas tank to elevate it a little more then the back. This will keep the tank from foaming up. You will have to use a little longer screw in the front. Just dont' tighten them down tight, just snug.

Later:)

B 07-09-2003 12:00 PM

GH hobby shop is a store in Vancouver, B.C, canada

i do not htink they sell individual chassis plates over the mail, you have to go to the store to buy them or you have to be a dealer ordering a whole bunch

i may be wrong

they come at a great price, i am also not sure if other dealers carry them but undoutedly they will be more expensive

NightLife 07-09-2003 12:23 PM

thanks crash and B... so i get at least 45min's how long does it take to charge?

and i don't understand 95% of what that chargers features are...

Ducati998 07-09-2003 02:01 PM

Hey Night so you decided to go with the ntc3 instead? That cool, I also own one for hop-up I would get some foam tires and graphite conversion for the ntc3. :batman: