Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB Concept V.12

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default RB Concept V.12

Anyone have any experience with the new RB V.12 motor? It has the larger 11.5mm crank and the new smaller front bearing with more bearing balls. I'm hoping the motor has some balls too<chuckle>. Isn't this design similar to the new Nova Rossi?

RB's are a pain to break in. The piston is soooo tight at TDC. I keep having to undo the plug , loosen the flywheel and put it back on the starter box. Anybody know of any easier way?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:17 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE]RB's are a pain to break in. The piston is soooo tight at TDC. [QUOTE]

isnt that for all race engines?

i would not be surprised if the new RB's design is similar to that of Novarossi's
Old 07-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by B
[Bi would not be surprised if the new RB's design is similar to that of Novarossi's [/B]
Yes, the NS12 has similar designs as the V12. I don't know about crank timings but everything else is the same.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The NS and the V12 will be quite a bit different. The crank diameter and bearings are the only real similarities. The NS will be a whole new ball game. I spent several hours today to bring a V12 up to the level I believe the NS will be out of the box.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Motorman
The NS and the V12 will be quite a bit different. The crank diameter and bearings are the only real similarities. The NS will be a whole new ball game. I spent several hours today to bring a V12 up to the level I believe the NS will be out of the box.
This makes interesting reading... Are you referring to exhaust (sleeve) and intake (crank) timings?
Old 07-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Exhaust Port & Intake Port Angles.

Perhaps these are dumb questions, but why aren't the sleeve angles cut a liitle more agressively to line them up with the castings on the motor block. I understand you can't increase the inside dimensions of the sleeve because this will radically change intake and exhaust timing. But when I look into the exhaust port I still see lots of brass on the outside edge of the sleeve that doesn't match up with the exhaust port casting. Why not?
Old 07-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Port angles make a big difference in how a motor runs. You cant just reangle the port and have it run the same, because it wont. The general rule of thumb is that the flatter the ports the more suited to Top end power delivery. The more angled the ports are the more they are suited to bottom end power delivery. There are allot of other factors to take into consideration as well, but those are to biggest, IMO.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks for the Response.

Thanks guys for helping educate me a little on these motors. The more I learn about them, the more I know for right now I need to leave modifying them alone.!