Radio Systems

Old 12-24-2001, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Radio Systems

I know at least one of you guys own one of these systems. Please give me some feedback if you own one. I currently have an old Futaba 2CH FM. Deciding between a Futaba 3PJS, JR R1, KOPROPO Mars EX1, or an Airtronics M8.

Thanks!!
Old 12-24-2001, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Radio Systems

Originally posted by got_speed?
I know at least one of you guys own one of these systems. Please give me some feedback if you own one. I currently have an old Futaba 2CH FM. Deciding between a Futaba 3PJS, JR R1, KOPROPO Mars EX1, or an Airtronics M8.

Thanks!!
I am torn between JR R1 and M8 too! The reason why I kind of more lean towards R1 is because I already have 27band module and 2 sets of crystal and a older version pcm receiver(want a smaller receiver).

But I think I am going to get a M8!
Old 12-24-2001, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The R1 is probably the best radio out there. However, all of the higher end radios have similar features. It boils down to what feels comfy in your hands.
Old 12-24-2001, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

I thought I read in the ROAR guidelines that they do not allow, any form of traction control systems, and ABS systems in the car. Can anyone confirm this??
Old 12-27-2001, 04:21 PM
Tech Initiate

I love my Futaba 3PJS!! It fits my hands much better than the M8. The features are second to none, and with a nitro TC, the built in fail safe (in PCM mode) is added peace of mind!
Old 12-27-2001, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by damo
However, all of the higher end radios have similar features. It boils down to what feels comfy in your hands.
second to the above statement.
Old 12-27-2001, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Just got a M8 today, I really think it is the best for the bucks in terms of it's capabilities and the way it looks!

I have been using JR R756 for the past 11 years and all this time it had done it's job perfectly! No doubt about it JR has some good radios! but I think M8 is even better!

Here are the advantages I have observed (compare with JR R756)
By the way I am using JR DZ8450 high speed digital servo,

1. M8 is better balance and a little bit lighter than R756.
2. Servo speed is much faster, I believe it's the radio itself.
3. ALB (Anti-Lock-Brake) is wonderful, you can actually see it pulses when you apply brakes and you can set the timing, travel and engage time with the ALB. It works really really good with front oneway.
4. Receiver size is tiny(compare with the giant pcm receiver I had on the R756, I guess this is just apply to myself because probably most of you guys are using micro receiver anyway!)

These are just comparison with R756! and the best part is, the whole radio system plus 2 extra sets of crystal still cost less than R1 by far! $80 cheaper!

Just my $0.02
Old 12-27-2001, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Ah10....how much did you get those Digiatal Servos for?.....
Old 12-28-2001, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Ah10's list when compared to the R1 though is flawed.

The receiver that comes with the R1 is nice and small and the radio has all those adjustements for the ALB also.

I agree though, most features are the same through out those radios so it comes down to feel.

Personally I think the most important feature is PCM. This feature has already saved my engine and my car once.

P.S. - I have a R1.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by got_speed?
Ah10....how much did you get those Digiatal Servos for?.....
I paid $114.95 for the servo! yes it is expensive but the way it works worth every penny of it!

Holding power and speed is awesome!