Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fanatic Remote Racerz Schedule 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For those that dont know the regionals will be run together, which is great news. Now lets get the season started. What's next?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreddlox
For those that dont know the regionals will be run together, which is great news.
Funny but I didn't know that.

Originally Posted by Dreddlox
Now lets get the season started. What's next?
A general meeting with all racers who are interested in racing at Floyd Bennett Field. This way all the problems can be hashed out and solved before the season starts. Do this and success is guaranteed.

Don't do this and not only is failure an option, it's inevitable.

That's not bashing, that's constructive criticism.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default meeting

Very well said jim . we have been waiting for the meeting and am asking the fanatics to please post when will the meeting be . alot of concerned racers are waiting for the meeting to assure we have a Great 2008 season! please post here so all concerned racers can attend . remember opening day is only a few weeks away .

also for any of the floyd bennett racers that need help with their cars the brooklyn hobbies team will be out there most of the weekdays , so if you need any help let us know when you will be there and we will get you fast !

Richie
Brooklyn Hobbies
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

richie do you stock serpent parts? ive been there once but i didnt have a serpent then now i do and would pick some up when i finally get to drive this car..
Old 03-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

last time I checked I couldn't even get a clutch shoe. Go through Ashford hobby you can get your parts in 2-3 days for about $4 he has just about every part you need.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joey
richie do you stock serpent parts? ive been there once but i didnt have a serpent then now i do and would pick some up when i finally get to drive this car..
if your in new jersey you might want to check cuisin rc in waldwick he's got serpent parts...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meronr
if your in new jersey you might want to check cuisin rc in waldwick he's got serpent parts...
i have ordered from cruizin before, been awhile so i forgot about them but ill have to give them a call in a week or 2..
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys gals ladies and gents. It had been said before and I will say it again here. A place is going to be found to take in our needs to facilitate the meeting. Again once this place is positive we will then announce the date so that all concerned can attend to voice all concerns. Matters will be taken care of and as far as I am concerned Failure is NEVER an option and that has nothing to do with constructive criticism that is more that my philosophy it is my way of life and as far as OUR club is concerned should be yours too.

It is time that people recognize that with all that has been accomplished it is time for ALL to appreciate what we have and learn to respect it. If by any means is not enough for you all learn that if you stand for nothing you will fall for anything. Our accomplishments will not be in vain nor shall the sacrifice of the sweat, funds and politrics that we have had to play to attain the status thus far. So rest assured the meeting is eminent and should be productive and positive!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Let's get it done and over with and warm weather so we can start our season and here all the trash talking at the track during the race season. About who the fastest and so on and so forth....
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joey
i have ordered from cruizin before, been awhile so i forgot about them but ill have to give them a call in a week or 2..
just so you know his store has moved and the number has changed..He's now at 10 Franklin Tpke, in Waldwick...Phone #201-445-8080
Old 03-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Racing

Guys and Gals. Don't hold your breath for a meeting. Dictators don't hold meetings they just dictate. My personal opinion is, Fanatic Racers will not hold a meeting prior to the season starting in Brooklyn. There gonna hold some races first and try to get a few grand in there pockets. When they see the turnout is really low they will then have a meeting trying to save floyd bennett racing, (only thinking of themselves). By then it will be too late. So as long as you guys are prepared for the Weed smoking, men peeing in the bushes all day, racing in the dark because the qualifiers got started so late, the list goes on. Lets just let the season start off in brooklyn with the same guys who were in charge of racing in floyd all the previous years.

The sad part is, this is how many of the racers feel. I'm just one of the few, who have the balls to talk about it. Keep in mind i'm not just a guy hiding behind the computer. (like many people on these sites) I have and will continue to race all over the country. My picture is in the avatar, so you can put a face to my screen name. Floyd bennett field has excellent potential but they need help that there not willing to take on for fear it will interfere with the money they make holding races.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

slandering on the web is not helping the problem call rick & greg up talk to them face to face this is a new year. let start it right please
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
These are the guidelines more or less, I had to locate them I had a lot of info on my drive when it crashed so found this on my ZIP drive. This was taken from another post here and are really great basic guidelines to start with and if we haveto change a few things along the way then so be it....

Car Rules
1. Upgrade brakes.
2. Upgrade radio gear (servos, linkage, receiver and radio).
3. Add sway bars (front and rear)
4. Shock and diff oils can be changed.
5. Any shock position, caster position, ect., provided by the car (no drilling holes).
6. You may use a starter box, but pull-start must remain intact and operational.
7. Clutch gearing may change (14-15 first gear, 17-18-19 second gear, kyosho only).
8. Replacing threaded links with turnbuckles.
9. Kyosho V-slick in any of the 3 compounds for tires.

Body Rules
1. Body must be cut on the manufacturer line.
2. You may cut the rear of the body no higher than 1 1/8th” when sitting flat on a surface.
3. Side window may be cut open for fueling.
4. Front window may be cut, but no larger than 3”x3”.
5. Rear window may but cut, but no larger than 2”x2”.
6. You may cut a hole for the glow plug ignitor.
Rick there are a few more option parts that are available for the GT adjustable rods front & rear (Camber) steering links updated clutch bell & gearing www.kyoshoamerica.com go to shop kyosho under car & buggy parts select Gt & gt options they are legall to run as long as it is made by kyosho as for tires V slicks 45 are commonly used & shores run 55 & 65 as well
Good luck this year & who ever needs a setup on the GT feel free to pm me.
Yo Taurean I feel ya although Im down in Florida I can't forget my old local Track & all the Bull I still hear on what's going down there it's just ashame & I hope it all works out. Rick I know you stepped down from being President & you will get a chance to just race have fun & good luck to all in this new upcoming season
Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default MEETING

A GOOD PLACE FOR THE MEETING WOULD BE FLOYD BENNETT FIELD IN THE RYAN CENTER . ALL OFFICIAL CLUBS HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE THE BUILDING FOR MEETINGS . I HAVE BEEN TO A FEW AND THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS . OPENING DAY IS COMING SOON AND ALL THE NEW RACERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND WE ALL WANT TO RACE BUT NEED SOME PROBLEMS FROM PAST YEARS TAKEN CARE OF . THE RACERS HAVE TRIED TO MEET WITH THE CLUB AND TALK ABOUT THEM BUT NO RESPONSE . MAYBE EVERYBODY WAS BUSY AND FROM RICKS LAST POST HE IS WILLING TO HAVE THE MEETING FOR ALL BUT IT DONT TAKE MUCH TO ORGANIZE ONE LETS GET IT DONE .
NEW LAYOUT AND SOME NEW INTERIOR BOARDS WERE SOME THINGS THAT NEED TO GET STARTED NOW .

RICHIE
BROOKLYN HOBBIES
Old 03-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

, The would be perfect. We can hold the meeting then go by the track to assess our plan of action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.