R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Default meeting

THANKS SAL :

sounds good , we have tried to set up meetings with management will no luck . now they have agreed to come and present their detailed plan for the 2008 season . as i had posted on my forum greg had came down and had a meeting we me alone about the plan . i will post some of the items of interest which should be thought about so when the racers come sat. they will have an opinion .

1) exspense sheet showing where money is going will be available to racers who attend floyd bennett field and THAT IS A CLUB DUES MEMBER . which means if you pay the set quoted price from greg of 20.00 per year you will have access to the to where the money is going .

2) tom will come run the computer every two weeks or posted schedule , for free .

3) he said that the season will start this way meaning same people as end of last year season are in charge but in june the club will have an election . now you need to think who will be allowed to vote? is only club dues payers ? or do all racers get to vote ?

4) donations : last year and years before donation were kindly given for the good of the track . yet not much if anything was done . will the money from the entries of 20.00 per person and the club dues be enough to make the track better ? or will donations be asked for again from the racers ?

5) i was also told there was $600.00 left in the clubs account as of a few weeks ago .

6) what we would like to know from the existing self appointed management is what is the game plan and what do we get for our club membership ?

a) if we are a club member can we see the non profit club papers ?

b) will any members be paid ?

c) do all racers pay the entry fee ? last year we feel there was a select few that didnt pay to race , if so this is fine if they are helping the club but all racers or club members should know or have a chance for chance to race for free .

d) layout : it was said that possibly "mike my come up with a layout but some guys might be against it because it might be partial to touring cars " so he wasnt sure . whats the final verdict ? should the racers have a say in choosing ?

just a few things of interest, that anybody going to the meeting should have an opinion on . i was at floyd yesterday running and the surface of the track is in great condition ! my opinion is that the old drivers stand , old wood , and items in the back are removed to help make it look nicer . not too much garbage from racers but i heard today somebody left old tires there and i will mention to him to please discard your garbage in the pail . i also think racers should always have a garbage bag when they go to the track at least on race day . hang it on your tent , this will be a step in the right direction !

goodluck to all the meeting is the first step of progress for 2008 !
TEAM BROOKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN View Post
d) layout : it was said that possibly "mike my come up with a layout but some guys might be against it because it might be partial to touring cars " so he wasnt sure . whats the final verdict ? should the racers have a say in choosing ?
I was asked to come up with a couple of suggestions...yea i was not too well aware of what nitro tracks needed to have, but Gael was gracious enough to find a bunch of layouts that were popular at other tracks, and i tried to make something that could help you...if no one likes them, then please use something else....i would think you would like them (good flow but a little technical).

Last edited by Mike Haynes; 03-17-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Richie

The meeting has been set. Your points will be heard at the meeting. Still again time after time web web web. The meeting is the place and platform to let the agenda be discussed. Racers will be made aware of all information and copies of all pertinent information will be handed out as informational at the meeting. I will make the copies that will be used and viewed by all that wish to see them. Since this is not the meeting platform lets refrain until that point from embarrassing ourselves any further than we already have. I feel that we all have gone to new lows I do intend to show and have others understand your views and my views as well as what is good for the club. We will ensure the satisfaction of every detail that you have mentioned. Rest assured all wrongs will be made right. My intentions were not to make enemies in this hobby since it is supposed to be a past time of great enjoyment and fun for all. Damage to friendship over this sport is incredible, from jealousy to envy, hate, lust, lies. We need to regroup from this SOAP opera and let the venue of the meeting be carried out and then post the outcome of said meeting, I am trying to have the official recording secretary at the meeting but he may be away with special business on his job not sure yet.

2008 will be a great season for all with all the new people being introduced to the hobby and all of the regulars that enjoy racing. Lets provide them with a non-hostile environment to enjoy. It might be better especially since it only builds larger wedges between people and the hobby when they see childish feuds over toys. Once again all points will be addressed come with your questions and information written down to be discussed as well as submitted. All subjects put on the floor will be for the current season success.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #94
Tech Addict

I really hate responding but I feel I must things are being stretched out here. EVERYONE PAID we have no choice on that hell even I PAY we pay rent for our location. Ray did not pay because he did the carpentry work EVER and I will not take any funds from RAY EVER and will pass it on to who ever comes along to run this club. I would not take money from the handi-cap brothers. I felt it was unfair to charge them and if that is abuse of power then I will continue to do so because it is the RIGHT THING TO DO! ! Some racers at the NYSC(pro series was typed in error )also were allowed not to pay as well due to the cost of the race and the necessity to be ROAR members we allowed many the race entry fee waved if they joined ROAR for positive promotion of ROAR within the region. Believe me it is not my integrity or honor that is in question here it is only to clear up issues from the lack of information and the lack of knowledge there of. For all intensive purposes no one will have any doubts in their minds as to the intentions towards the club. When the smoke is cleared all will see clearly this I will guarantee. From emails to posts, to personal conversations all out on the table copies made. Lets let the voices be heard. Lets let the proof or evidence or lack of speak for itself. In accordance with the meeting and proper club procedures as a courtesy to all the racers lets allow things to go accordingly.

Your points how ever valid they may seem need to be placed on the floor at the meeting.

Last edited by kcrunchone; 03-17-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: mistake made
Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #95
Tech Adept

It seems things are turning positive. I hope nothing but good comes out of this Saturdays meeting. I will be attending just to see how things go.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Just wanted to know if I get to vote later in the season I paid my club dues before I moved to Florida. Keep the post coming it's getting boring & this thread is the only interesting thread on rctech.
I hope you guys get it all worked out.
The only thought I have it's great that all the new management in place wants to get this club in order but why now & why not before when it was all just in the starting stages it was just a handful that helped out in the beginning all for the fun of the hobby. Let's not forget all those that helped out in the begining not for money or fame just to have a place to race & hang out with some friends. all that have interest now in running this club where were ya before.
Chavo why attack on who was running the races last year & what worked & did not work C,Mon a better sales pitch is needed. Who got paid to run the races last year I would think no one did so to attack on that is just wrong when someone donated the time & the computer system for everyone could run.
Like I said good luck to all JMO
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
1.) The only thought I have it's great that all the new management in place wants to get this club in order but why now & why not before when it was all just in the starting stages it was just a handful that helped out in the beginning all for the fun of the hobby. Let's not forget all those that helped out in the begining not for money or fame just to have a place to race & hang out with some friends. all that have interest now in running this club where were ya before.

2.) Chavo why attack on who was running the races last year & what worked & did not work C,Mon a better sales pitch is needed. Who got paid to run the races last year I would think no one did so to attack on that is just wrong when someone donated the time & the computer system for everyone could run.
Like I said good luck to all JMO
Response to #1:
In short our help was turned down back in the begining several times. NOW when we recieved the call asking for our assistance, we responded by offering full support and advice in the best interests of all. Not one.
All for the fun of the hobby as you so elloquently put it.

Response to #2:
Total blame cannot be laid upon the Club. Mismanagement is one thing, running a race is another. The alledged club mismanagement is something I know nothing of. The botched races I do know of. Called it like I saw it.

BTW: Tom Sr. and I are donating our time as well and we are three for three running races at FBF. Tom Sr. owns Bruckner Hobbies and has never brought even a glow plug to sell at the track. We share the same passion for racing and enjoy doing it. Were doing it for everyone's enjoyment, not money, fame, partnership or any alterior motives.

I hope you will come to join in the fun this season, you will not be dissapointed. I hope I didn't insult you in any way Goerge, it was not my intention. If I did, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Hope to see you soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #98
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHead View Post
Response to #1:
In short our help was turned down back in the begining several times. NOW when we recieved the call asking for our assistance, we responded by offering full support and advice in the best interests of all. Not one.
All for the fun of the hobby as you so elloquently put it.

Response to #2:
Total blame cannot be laid upon the Club. Mismanagement is one thing, running a race is another. The alledged club mismanagement is something I know nothing of. The botched races I do know of. Called it like I saw it.

BTW: Tom Sr. and I are donating our time as well and we are three for three running races at FBF. Tom Sr. owns Bruckner Hobbies and has never brought even a glow plug to sell at the track. We share the same passion for racing and enjoy doing it. Were doing it for everyone's enjoyment, not money, fame, partnership or any alterior motives.

I hope you will come to join in the fun this season, you will not be dissapointed. I hope I didn't insult you in any way Goerge, it was not my intention. If I did, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Hope to see you soon.
None taken
just figured I would throw it in being in the neutral corner since Im far away.
Been thinking of coming down since I never gotten the chance to run @ the new track & always had a lot of fun @ FBF
I hope you guys work it all out being that the Northeast is very limited in tracks
Thanks for the answer in #1 as for 2&3 as guess that is for someone else
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Default negativity

as was said before lets not be negative but once again chavo brings the negativity but you must read through the posts . as we just got positive about the meeting one of new management again attcakcs and puts out negative vibes . as we strived for positive thinking i am attacked again for the second time when i had said nothing to prevoke the first slander and will defend and clarify some things that have been put out there .taurean spoke his mind and management attacked . below is the last post i just read :
from
chavo ( new management )
Response to #2:

my answer :botched races this is directed towards me for jalp problems but heres the truth that many racers dont know . yes it was a rough start with jlap but it was just learning the software but clarence and myself got it together and ran races with minor problems , but will still finished the race . it was only after leaving my computer system with the clubs president for 2 weeks that it malfuntioned completely . why did it malfunction and have the good people from maryland travel 4 hours to new york to not even get to run ? as clarence and myself got the computer back for the big race after 2 weeks in ricks hands , the computer came up with all types of errors never seen before and had nothing to do with jlap . after careful inspection by clarence ( a computer guru) he said the computer was opened and most likey tried to be ghost copied so he would have his own jlap . so i think you owe maryland an apoligy. so after after 2 weeks with my computer it didnt work anymore which i spent 450.00 to buy another one and restored jlap and ran with no major problems . rick was not in town and i asked clarence to run a race at floyd to help pay for the computer as i was working and would show up later . when i got there he said he was collecting the money and darryl said "rick said for him to collect the money for rick " . grimy . so there is the truth about races not run well .answer :

from chavo

my answer :

well there would be no organized racing if it werent for richie . rick had got an ok to run organized racing but had no money for the lap counter and tried but could not raise the money . he asked every hobby shop for help and was turned down by his own admission. so in a meeting with rick we agreed to help get the club going i will layout the $4,000.00 for amb and then $700.00 for jlap at of my pocket and was agreed that i inturn would be able to supply racers with parts and asked per email if ok with parks and he said no problem. so when no glow plugs were sold or you did for the love of the hobby . take $5000.00 out of your pocket for the club and the love of racing . dont come in after i helped it get off the ground and be the hero . make me laugh . there is many more things the racers have no idea about .

for the record i dont want to run floyd bennett field and only offered rick an out when i heard it was too much for him and he never answered . so when i hear from some racer at 360 that richie want to take over floyd you are wrong . i am too busy for that and rather race . but on the other hand i would like to see floyd ran by a third party who cares and not management that chases people around the track in an angry rage on many occasions . or someone whos quote to me after i told him racers want to know where the money is ? quote from rick " f-ck them , if they have the balls let them ask me ! i aint opening my books for nobody " toledo dont do it and i am not going to do it ". end of quote .

for the record rick this would have never been posted and saved for the meeting but because you new partner for 2008 chavo after being warned of negativity , has through his post spread more lies that i wont stand for . i donated my time and money i wont be treated this way . keep going and more truth will come out . you guys who sit back and watch and think this fun have no idea how much you dont know about floyd . i can type for at least another 5 hours to show you the ground work of the twisted mind behind the club.

racers dont believe what you heard , you have any questions i will be at the meeting and i can answer your questions .

but i will make it very simple at the meeting you are the racers if you want same management you got it . i am not there to run for the job at all . i was there to help the racer by making the entry fee only 10.00 to race not 20.00 . if its for the love of the hobby 10.00 per entry will be enough to cover all exspenses. lets be positive for 2008 and keep the entry down .

also stop calling the racers and telling them to stop listening to me i am listening to them and voiceing the concerns of many racers not all but many that were not happy with rick and greg not the way racers were run .

so please stop posting negative and answer the questions at the meeting that will the concerned racers have . who will be the treasurer and hold the money ?we hope its a third party that is trusted and non bias.
we have mainly conceited to your plan to run floyd until a vote yet this was not good enough ?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #100
Tech Initiate

I cant believe all the BS that I have read in this thread, how many nitro tracks are in the NY metro area? Forget about all that has happened in the past and move forward, get organized and get things going. Nitro season is about to hit within the next few weeks. I think it makes more sense to go to the meeting and get everything figured out and have an awesome nitro season. if you cant all play nice and figure things out whats going to happen to FBF? Where will we ALL race if FBF was not here? In the past years i know a few carpet tracks closed down and another opened up, we ALL need to support what ever track it is that we race at if we want a place to race.
NickPapageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #101
Tech Regular

Default nick you are right

floyd bennett will run for 2008 , nobody says it wont . when you are part of club you get to chose who will run it . the bs as you put it is before you were racing at floyd and only what the problems that were there corrected to assure a good season for all racers . if the majority of the racers say i dont care about where the money goes i just want to race , then fine no more questions no meeting , let it be . if the meeting brings out that racers dont care how much they pay or where the money has gone or where it will go fine i am down with that . nobody cares lets race , that the feedback i read . i think racers think theyt will lose floyd , thats not the case . just need better management . dont care , lets race i am ready , i was at floyd last week and started racing already . i am there every few days and loving it . lets race !
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #102
Tech Addict

Once again I will not be drawn in to the is in anger or hate. Let's get the meeting over and then spew flames. Enough damage has been done. I never said I would not open any books I said we should do things same as NERCAR had in the past. I said as long as the checks were being written from my account I was not going to publicly open my personal finances. Not those for the club...NERCAR They are the back bone of region one and I love those guys. I only wanted our area to get a permanent place to race. I am still working on doing thigs for the club and will continue to do so President or no President does not matter but I too have made heavy contributions, dedication, sacrifice to get us on our feet.

We all need to STOP POSTING. Get on with the meeting. Let the voices be heard facts on the table. This is not a Soap Opera we are not here to entertain anyone. Anyone that is truly concerned about racing here on NY's only permanent race facility would and should devote more time in to constructively trying to make things better for racing in general. I have already decided that a battle of words and wits on the net was senseless and still believe face to face is the better format to conduct affairs.

SO PLEASE GENTLEMEN LETS CEASE AND DESIST. THE STAGE IS SET FOR VOICES TO BE HEARD LETS ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN. THEN TAKE IT FROM THERE. THAT IS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR....

Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #103
Tech Regular

Default very well said rick

very well said rick , please tell your partner to stop the offensive negative posting . once again i think the meeting will be positve , like i said before we have agreed to the proposed plan from greg ,although we had different ideas , we still agree to hear the complete plan at the meeting. lets get positive and talk about the racing . will april 6th be test and tune or a race ? will the new interior pvc be ready for the opening? does anybody have a big truck to help remove the old drivers stand and some wood ? if anyone needs any help getting their car ready at floyd let me know , i am there a few days a week.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Track

Is the track in good enough condition to run in/break in a motor? Generally clean/debri free? I dont want to damage the drive train with stones etc.

I would like to get my car sorted before the season starts at floyd and nercar.

Does anyone have street address, link to directions and pictures of the track?

Hope you guys get things worked out.

Cheers

Jamie Gonzalez
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #105
Tech Adept

guys ..like i said before i am here to help! i gat the truck .call me i will be there ..
MAXY's PRO RACING FUEL & MODIFIED MOTORS
Brazilct is offline   Reply With Quote