R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean View Post
Guys and Gals. Don't hold your breath for a meeting. Dictators don't hold meetings they just dictate. My personal opinion is, Fanatic Racers will not hold a meeting prior to the season starting in Brooklyn. There gonna hold some races first and try to get a few grand in there pockets. When they see the turnout is really low they will then have a meeting trying to save floyd bennett racing, (only thinking of themselves). By then it will be too late. So as long as you guys are prepared for the Weed smoking, men peeing in the bushes all day, racing in the dark because the qualifiers got started so late, the list goes on. Lets just let the season start off in brooklyn with the same guys who were in charge of racing in floyd all the previous years.

The sad part is, this is how many of the racers feel. I'm just one of the few, who have the balls to talk about it. Keep in mind i'm not just a guy hiding behind the computer. (like many people on these sites) I have and will continue to race all over the country. My picture is in the avatar, so you can put a face to my screen name. Floyd bennett field has excellent potential but they need help that there not willing to take on for fear it will interfere with the money they make holding races.
It is very unfortunate that in this and many other situations that cooperation can not be a unified option. I look back in the past and remembered when I asked you to be a part of the committee to make a difference I was looking forward to your ideas possibly making a difference. At this point in time I ask that you refrain from negative post on the web as they are counter productive and will certainly not help the cause or solve any problems.

This topic was generated here as a request of other racers as this forum is more widely used. It will help to spread information about our meeting. Once a place is designated and all concerned are able to decide to come out and not only analytically observe facts and options that we currently will make our primary issues of attack as a positive mass.

I am really excited about the plans and the new season and hope that all of our friends and fellow racers are able to be a part of what we are looking to enjoy as fun and enjoyment is our only motive.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN View Post
A GOOD PLACE FOR THE MEETING WOULD BE FLOYD BENNETT FIELD IN THE RYAN CENTER . ALL OFFICIAL CLUBS HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE THE BUILDING FOR MEETINGS . I HAVE BEEN TO A FEW AND THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS . OPENING DAY IS COMING SOON AND ALL THE NEW RACERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND WE ALL WANT TO RACE BUT NEED SOME PROBLEMS FROM PAST YEARS TAKEN CARE OF . THE RACERS HAVE TRIED TO MEET WITH THE CLUB AND TALK ABOUT THEM BUT NO RESPONSE . MAYBE EVERYBODY WAS BUSY AND FROM RICKS LAST POST HE IS WILLING TO HAVE THE MEETING FOR ALL BUT IT DONT TAKE MUCH TO ORGANIZE ONE LETS GET IT DONE .
NEW LAYOUT AND SOME NEW INTERIOR BOARDS WERE SOME THINGS THAT NEED TO GET STARTED NOW .

RICHIE
BROOKLYN HOBBIES

Richie
The Ryan Center is out. It was abused by the other clubs and was our original meeting place but FBF management declined us. Which is what delayed our original plans. We will post date and place SOON...

George
I will check it out and let the guys know that they have a few other options to their spending splurges. BTW " WHO told you I stepped down as the Clubs President SO SO not true. LOL.... We are hoping to make our facility better and all our efforts will not be in vain... 646-286-4316 call me guy just because you moved does not mean you are secluded.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Rick,
Cannot wait for this season. Finally no one is sick in the family. Big racing season planned. Do not let anyone get you down. I appreciate what you and the boys do, as do many.

Chuckmando is back
Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default floyd

Just posting my opinion on what i've seen and smelled with my own nose & eyes while racing at floyd. Personally I think your full of it rick. There are guys that want to help but you and others have already decided who will help and run the races. I've tried to give input about floyd and seen where it goes. Fortunately this is an open forum where we can post our own feelings experiences etc. I've said what I had to say, just my 2 cents.
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO View Post
Hey Rick,
Cannot wait for this season. Finally no one is sick in the family. Big racing season planned. Do not let anyone get you down. I appreciate what you and the boys do, as do many.

Chuckmando is back

Hey CHuck
whats up ????????? I am glad to hear all are wll and you are back to have some fun. I am really looking forward to seeing you at the track. Best wishes to you and the family.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean View Post
Just posting my opinion on what i've seen and smelled with my own nose & eyes while racing at floyd. Personally I think your full of it rick. There are guys that want to help but you and others have already decided who will help and run the races. I've tried to give input about floyd and seen where it goes. Fortunately this is an open forum where we can post our own feelings experiences etc. I've said what I had to say, just my 2 cents.
The forum IS open and I am full of NITRO.... Putting my batteries away... BTW did you go to the meeting the other night ? I think we are all full of it... LOL SEE YOU SOON...

Old 03-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

I agree Taurean,

Lets get the meeting going and present what needs to be presented. Say what has to be said.
There is no way anyone will feel left out. Greg has the plan in hand and it will work.

A few questions for you Mr. Bennett:

Before Tom Sr. How many successful races were run at fbf?
Who ran the failed or flawed races at fbf?
Who do you think is better suited to run the computer and or races?
Why is the person at fault for the most if not all of the failures not taking any responsibilty for them? Instead blaming the club?
What position do you want to hold in the Club?

I know the club wants YOU in the KNOW. The new club structure can only create a group of happy people. You should contribute a little time to ease your mind. Everyone will feel more comfortable when you do.

There's lots of room in the pool, feel free to jump in and have some fun...

Last edited by NitroHead; 03-14-2008 at 09:03 PM.
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #68
Tech Adept

Honestly Floyd's the best thing we have up here. So let's not screw it up.

But being that there is a change in format in how the club is ran we really need a good meeting of us that will be running the season and attempt to clear up some discrepancies that we may have with the changes. I know theres a few people still out there with a bad taste in their mouthes after last year but they just have to open up to this new format of the club and a formal meeting of the new club format will hopefully enlighten them to give the club/track another shot. From the people Ive talked to about the last meeting. We got something to look forward to this year and lets just keep positive about it.

NO MORE NEGATIVE BS POLITICAL GARBAGE BECAUSE WE ALL ARE HERE FOR THE SAME THING TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY.

My $0.02
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default racing

As for the meeting, it was quite clear to me that it was never confirmed that any of you guys had intended on coming. Living in westchester and paying a toll to get together to voice our concerns without the ears being there who are in control just didn't make sense to me. I just don't understand how a schedule can be in place, but there is such a delimia with finding a time and place to get together to listen to some opinions and suggestions. That's just one of the reasons why your more than full of just nitro rick.

Did anyone take into concideration that the 1st four races at floyd conflict with the 1st four races at 301, and there were guys who constistently came up to support racing at floyd?

I guess it really bothers me that Richie doesn't seem to be part of the decision making process in the racing at floyd when he has dedicated money and energy into helping you guys out.

As for me jumping in chavo. That would never work. I truly believe you guys have ulterior motives. As for myself I just see such a missed opportunity for something that just needs a little polishing. I just flew back from one of the worlds smallest most challenging tracks where racers come from all over the country. I think I have proven in the past that neither my wife nor I, have a problem being hands on to help with the track. I feel floyd has the potential to be just like it but will never be.
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #70
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Man oh man I just cant believe all of this back and forth bickering, grant it I was only around nitro for the last half of the summer and am not aware of all of the alleged allegations over the past few years.
lets get this meeting together ( Hell I will offer my facility for the meeting) and get racing. NY has very few tracks left , lets work together instead against each other and take Ny Nitro to the next level.

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP

Last edited by Sal Amato; 03-15-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #71
Tech Rookie

In the end it really is a shame that you have people that will continue to bash what is there for all. That track is exclusively the racers for sure. I believe some responsibility should be placed on the racers not always the club. It is hard to get things done as is and when you have things that need to be done it shuld always be a closed door issue of specific members and just make it happen. To hear all racers is possible to do what all racers want is IMPOSSIBLE. You all shuld realize that outing your business here makes the negative comments of people look like asses.

We advertise our races and can do so a lot because of the people that love what we do and the amount of love they put in tothe racing. To be honest why not wait until the meeting s had before passing judgement. If being asked to make a difference in a club means a lot to us I know and for those that had chances to do so and did not just should sit back and enjoy the ride, because your moment to shine has past. Pull it together guys, I will be there soon and can and will help with all I can possibly do. Here our track is owned more can be done when you are not the owner the best you can do is try and help out instead of trashing what you have. To many RC tracks are closing on-road and off-road too, sitck it out. Like I said coming for school for summer possibly until fall end and I would like to enjoy things too. On vacation in NY and can race too hell dont mess that up for ME(selfish part here) I have family there to and lived there for a spell and might again and if I cnat race like normal I will have withdrawl signs and need a rehab program

Patricio V.
venezuelarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #72
Tech Regular

Default test

test
TEAM BROOKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Default wow

long post i just typed but it didnt take and got erased . wow lucky for some . for you chavo dont post again come face to face with it ( no balls no tornado) . i wont post anything negative but patricio there is alot of what you dont know about this track . it was mis managed for 3 years with money and structure . the same leaders want another chance to make it right and we have conceited to give them another chance but be more forthcoming with finances and other things we dont want to mention . when the racers asked for meeting, they had their own meeting and self appointed themselves again with out listening to club memers and this was done like taurean said a " dictatorship ". we all pay to race and paid club dues when asked and we should have a say in the club .we all donated money from our pockets for ashpalt , sealer, drivers stand . this club is all of ours not 5 or 6 . toledo club every 2 years elects a new president and it has been 3 years now .

yes too many clubs are closing and alot of them for this reason even go kart clubs i heard the same story of mis appropiating funds, well the we wont stand for it and wanted a meeting and they just push it to the side . we wanted an election and wont be done . was this too much to ask for the sake of racing ?

rick keep your partner chavo on a leash he will lose the club like he lost barcar . dont open the can of worms for the world to see but if he wants its no problem , it will only hurt the club .
Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #74
Tech Regular

Default nj

i think its you meron , but its not a bad taste in the mouth ,its f--ked in the a-s. remember everything was fine until pooh posted there should be new management do the reason of misappropiated funds . after watching the 5,000 come in with no improvements to the track i had to back pooh and agree there needs to be new mangement . the hardcore racers no whats up the new guys dont and dont care . most that care dont want to race there but i tell them not to give up and voice your opinion yet they never get a chance .

360 sound like a good meeting place ! thanks sal
Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #75
Tech Regular

Default ryan center

i will be at floyd tomorrow with a heli club , i dont think the ryan center is out for the club ,but i will try to secure for the clubs further use .