R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Regg - Thinking about it but I have a motor that needs to be broken in. Otherwise I can slap my OS engine in and just go race. A friend of mine and his wife does need help with some landscaping and that is a chance for some $$ I wouldn't mind racking up.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #212
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FBF Notification to Fanatic Remote Racerz RC Club

DRIVERS STAND REMOVAL ! ! ! ! !

It was recently expressed to me at the last meeting held on 4/17/08 that our club must remove the stand that we have come so much to love. It was told to the club that another club wished and showed interest in hosting races on the clubs track. Seeing that our track is in an open State park Park officials and Superintendents looked into the request. Since our insurance only covers our club on our race days and they were concerned with the danger of the stand collapsing. Greg and myself tried to defend the fact that the stand was built to code but this fact has fallen upon deaf ears. Even though a master carpenter Ray Morales of Morales contracting dedicated his time, energy and expertise in the field of carpentry to construct the structure. We could not convince the management teams that have now shown interest in the OTHER clubs actions that were showing interest in using the facility. I was not given the name of the other club nor any information to contact them. I am asking at this time that anyone that knows of this others clubs interest please have them call me immediately it is imperative. The actions taken have and will cause this club a catastrophic loss. I was and have been told time and time again that the racers themselves are our own worse enemies. It is very unfortunate that the other club did not contact myself or another one of the team or club associates to facilitate any request of the nature that they have perused. I truly regret to have to inform our members that we have very little time and very little chance to correct or avert any actions that are being request to demolish the stand. A course of action has been taken but it will not guarantee anything. At this point no promises can be made but we are doing everything in out power to try and change the Parks managements minds.

The other club I truly wish would come forth and present yourself so that we may try and work in a manner to organize you under ROAR which could possibly bring a halt to this drastic measure that has been called for. It is not a guarantee but we can try anything not to lose the drivers stand. I make all of the above announcements with deep regrets.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #213
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hats off to FRRacerz for putting on another good show. Despite the tension in the air it was another well run day at the track. Congrats to all the winners today. Glad to see more and more people coming out to get there nitro fix in.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #214
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Hats off to FRRacerz for putting on another good show. Despite the tension in the air it was another well run day at the track. Congrats to all the winners today. Glad to see more and more people coming out to get there nitro fix in.
it was a great day comp was high and guys were running hard congrats to the winners mikey mike TQ and win in 1/8 and in touring car taking TQ diatta and phil taking the win in 1/10 .

Last edited by captian; 04-21-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #215
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

What no mention of the Inferno GT class?
Props to Courtney for taking TQ and the win in Inferno GT.
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #216
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by regg151 View Post
What no mention of the Inferno GT class?
Props to Courtney for taking TQ and the win in Inferno GT.
ya your right big ups to courtney for is tq and win that class is so much fun to watch and i cant wait till its a full field of 10 or 12 cars .
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #217
Tech Rookie

Default Race results 4/20/2008

Race results and pictures are available at:
http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/Floyd%20April%2020th.htm
tombaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #218
Tech Addict

Sunday was a cold and rough day but I had good fun Chris P thanks for all the help see all you guys at the next race

Thanks Tom B for the pics

Vaughn Johnson
Attached Thumbnails
Fanatic Remote Racerz Schedule 2008-dsc_3089.jpg   Fanatic Remote Racerz Schedule 2008-dsc_3111.jpg  
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #219
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to carsrule692

Hey everyone im pretty new to nitro, just got a mugen MRX4, i run alot electric at 360 but wanted to try some nitro. This might be a stupid question but w/e. I have a ofna starter box and the donut wont fit into the flywheel opening, should i dremel the flywheel opening or try to sand down the donut to make it skinnier. Thanks see ya on the track!!!
Eurotek Cells, Novak GTX, Novak GTB with 13.5
carsrule692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #220
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsrule692 View Post
Hey everyone im pretty new to nitro, just got a mugen MRX4, i run alot electric at 360 but wanted to try some nitro. This might be a stupid question but w/e. I have a ofna starter box and the donut wont fit into the flywheel opening, should i dremel the flywheel opening or try to sand down the donut to make it skinnier. Thanks see ya on the track!!!
Hello CARSRULE. It's nice that you are getting into nitro, 1/8 scale WOW. Let me know when you are coming to the track (so I can stay home)

Just kidding. If I'm not mistaking. The ofna starter box fits just fine. The wheel does not go in all the way, it just have to touch the flywheel. Did you use some other motor mounts or different flywheel? ???? Are you using a pullstart motors??? Just asking. All these things make a difference.

Hope you can solve it.
Oscar
Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #221
Tech Fanatic

Oscar wats up man. Ur probley goin to want to stay home when I'm there, first time there goin to be alot of crashing LOL. In probley goin this Saturday if I get the car started. I bought the car used so I realey don't know anything. I know the flywheel is purple lol. How far up from the chassis should the flywheel be. Should it be almost equal with the bottom. And the engine is an rb concepts c6. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #222
Tech Adept

Before the car hits the track, have someone check it. Purple mounts are the wrong mounts. the flywheel should be 1/8 to 3/16 from bottom of chassi. You should be able to run your finger on the bottom of the chassy an barely touch the flywheel.
if you are near floyd, go to brooklyn hobbies. have them check it.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:37 AM   #223
Tech Fanatic

my flywheel is pretty high up. The motor mounts are silver, the flywheel is purple lol. Maybe i should dremel the motor mounts.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #224
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't dremel anything! I would let someone that has some nitro knowledge look at it first. If you have the wrong mounts, just get the right one for your car. Like Oscar said, if your heading out to Floyd, go to Brooklyn Hobbies with your stuff and have them take a look at it for you. Other wise take it to a hobby shop in your area. Good Luck

On another note, thanks to Tom Baffer for the results and the great pics. Nice action shots.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #225
Tech Fanatic

looks like ill be heading out to brooklyn hobbies or nyc whichever one im closer too lol. But i was trying to start it i got it to touch but its more of like luck...one time it hits next it dont. How long can you keep the car going on the box, like cranking. I saw a video on youtube and the guy just taps down for like a second and it starts. Plus its still rubbing i think because i saw a little smoke comming out which i assume was from the rubber hitting the chassis. And i burnt up my throttle servo somehow, i think there was some exposed wires or i had the throttle opened up to long, is that bad to have the throttle open for like 5 min where the servo is under presure. So far not very good experiences with the car. And its so loud lol i put it on the startbox and pressed it sounded like someone was shooting a machine gun lol.....I like it