R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

This is my second year with Mugen MTX-4 and I have not broken a part yet(knock on wood). I have not stipped any gears. Other than during practice I let my tires get too low and the chassis leaned into a hairpin turn and gear actually it the ground. I have worn parts out; which I consider a good thing ie (rear a-arms and front steering knuckles, 2 speed shoes,1st speed one bearing,Break pads,pulleys). I'm still using my original Ti pivot balls from my MTX-3 prospec.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
NT1 is definately less prone to gear stripping than the mugen though. this is evident when there is high traction, and the mugen's chassis flexes more.

MTX4R is a good option as it has all the options installed already, same goes with the RRR.

your options are:

wait until the worlds when mugen and kyosho release their new cars, or get a fully hopped up rrr or mtx4r now. either way, if you wait for the new cars to come out you will be in the same boat as xray owners are in now, in that, if you want cvd's, alloy hex hubs, better brakes, and other hopups on the car you will have to purchase them.
Any ideas when Mugen may release a new MTX?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by katze View Post
Just like to have a discussion on which car would be a better car to have. Understand that cars at these levels usually are largely similiar but just like to hear which one you guys own or prefer and why?

I have tried the V1RRR WCE and the MTX-4R and I find the WCE a tad heavier. However, the V1RRR seems more surefooted in corners and seem to handle better. The MTX-4R seems to understeer more.

Any opinions about the NT1? Upon visually inspection, it seeems like a better design car but that purely my opinion. The receiver seems to be placed in a horrible palce on the WCE. Gets in the way of the throttle servo arm at times. The servo also seems very vulnerable to side impacts too.

As for parts, the WCE parts are more expensive compared to the MTX-4R but the MTX-4R parts are no way as sturdy as the WCE ones. My MTX-4R breaks front arms lvery easily.

Maybe just a poll of who has what and why your choice of the car?
What are you talking about??? Kyosho parts are far more cheaper than Mugen parts... Not to mention that Kyosho's arms, has many things included in the same package. The only exception to this is belts and 2nd gear spurs. The RRR is an awesome car, just as the MTX-4R and like the NT1.

It all comes down to setup, and maintenance issues. I'd suggest go with the car with the cheaper parts support and setup support.

If you need kyosho parts, the cheapest place I have seen them is Ashfordhobby.com. Rc-mushroom and RC-toro has some things cheaper than ashford hobby, but ashford hobby has most of the parts and not just some. Plus its in the US which shipping is cheaper than RC-mushroom.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
What are you talking about??? Kyosho parts are far more cheaper than Mugen parts... Not to mention that Kyosho's arms, has many things included in the same package. The only exception to this is belts and 2nd gear spurs. The RRR is an awesome car, just as the MTX-4R and like the NT1.

It all comes down to setup, and maintenance issues. I'd suggest go with the car with the cheaper parts support and setup support.

If you need kyosho parts, the cheapest place I have seen them is Ashfordhobby.com. Rc-mushroom and RC-toro has some things cheaper than ashford hobby, but ashford hobby has most of the parts and not just some. Plus its in the US which shipping is cheaper than RC-mushroom.
Ashford Hobbies is also where I get my MTX4 parts. Great place to shop!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

i feel if you pick 1 and commit to it then it will work if you go in half hearted thats the results you will get
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Campro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #23