R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2003, 09:54 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rushdude

I agree with above that Losi would be stupid not to make a nitro tourer. Losi is a great company and anything they make seems to be in the winning circle. I would be greatly interested in the car if they made a nitro tourer.
rushdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haven't heard anything lately... i do hope, they come with it soon.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Let's hope they make it with metric hardware as well.... Nice Avatar highwayman
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:58 AM   #34
Tech Addict

hey highwayman! nice to see u here! same to you fat boy joe! i'll be running my gplus for the first time this weekend. i have no doubt that i'm gonna like the car. heck, i have convinced my teamate to get a losi even before i have run mine!! just love the quality and design you have made a convert out of me... so bring on a losi nitro tourer and i won't forgive you guys if you ever leave me out of the first batch of cars

hey derek... love your mag! the best! i just hope we get regular up-to-date issues in our corner of the world
chambalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:07 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Nice Avatar highwayman
thanks...

just a question... why would you prefer metric, not that i mind, i have cars that use both english and metric.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by chambalero
hey highwayman! nice to see u here! same to you fat boy joe! i'll be running my gplus for the first time this weekend. i have no doubt that i'm gonna like the car. heck, i have convinced my teamate to get a losi even before i have run mine!! just love the quality and design you have made a convert out of me... so bring on a losi nitro tourer and i won't forgive you guys if you ever leave me out of the first batch of cars

cool! of course... team losi makes great EP touring cars, off road kits , etc... that's why i'm waiting for the GP touring car
Old 12-03-2003, 02:19 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by highwayman
thanks...

just a question... why would you prefer metric, not that i mind, i have cars that use both english and metric.
I guess being European (altogh living stateside) I always think the metric hardware makes more sense in terms of sizes and logic... I also have a full set of metric hudy tools-makes all the difference.... Also, I have never had any problems with metric hex sizes stipping out, but on my XXX-NT that was a constant pain... Maybe I am being very subjective here, but I have decided not to buy any more kits with the UNC stuff in them.... Final argument: I though the US officially decided to go metric like 12-15 years ago... What happened to that policy? Let's make it happen !
Old 12-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Again, not trying to create an argument here, just expressing my own preference to metric...
Old 12-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey would the new losi still have the enclosed belt? That would keep it a lot cleaner. As far as the sigle belt goes I think it's a good idea. The Schumacher Fusion has it and that car has a .21 and three gears. The belt is also about three times the size of a Losi belt.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:19 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
I guess being European (altogh living stateside) I always think the metric hardware makes more sense in terms of sizes and logic... I also have a full set of metric hudy tools-makes all the difference.... Also, I have never had any problems with metric hex sizes stipping out, but on my XXX-NT that was a constant pain... Maybe I am being very subjective here, but I have decided not to buy any more kits with the UNC stuff in them.... Final argument: I though the US officially decided to go metric like 12-15 years ago... What happened to that policy? Let's make it happen !
Let's ask this question:

Why would EVERY country in the world, except the US use the metric system if it wouldn't make sense?

Even the Brits have gotten it...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

English system is an engineering nightmare...... whats a gallon got to do with an inch and pound?

The metric volume, weight, dimension systems all cross link well.....

1cm^3= 1ml = 1gram

It's such a beautiful system...
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:53 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Metric is a lot easier than the english system.

One reason that the U.S didn't change to metric is that is would cost to much. They would have the replace every speed limit sign and stuff like that. Because of that I don't see them changing to metric in the near future. But I hope they do.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Cost is a valid point. To offset the cost a bit though, wouldn't it be beautiful if you only had ONE standard for drills, taps, thread cutters, scales, nuts and bolts, tape rulers, calipers etc. just to name a few. The worst example must be the auto industry where American manufacturers bring in sub assemblies from around the world, ending up with a mixture of metric and English in the same product.... How much fun is that for the mechanics/repairshops etc...

Standardisation is a beautiful thing....
Old 12-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #44
Tech Regular

It would be a lot easier. People would have a lot less tools. A lot of things would be easier.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #45
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Also, I have never had any problems with metric hex sizes stipping out, but on my XXX-NT that was a constant pain...
I guess the metric threads are usually finer and smaller pitch than Imperial ones.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote