Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Make Your Own Glow Ignitor In Under 3 Minutes! >

Make Your Own Glow Ignitor In Under 3 Minutes!

Make Your Own Glow Ignitor In Under 3 Minutes!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Make Your Own Glow Ignitor In Under 3 Minutes!

Here Is A Video Of It Working - !CLICKHERE!

Have you ever had your Glow Plug Ignitor/Pull Start break? Or has your Traxxas Ez-Start system even broken? Well if that has happened to you this is the right thread for you. You will learn how to make/start your Nitro Rc with a few simple common household items. You Will Need The Following!

Things Needed -

- Cordless Drill (12 volt or larger)

- Drill Bit Extension Holder 6" Minimum Length

- 1/4" Socket Bit (Hex Drive To 1/4'" Ratchet

- 12mm Socket (1/4" Drive)

- 1 Double (A) Battery

- 2 Alligator Clip Wires

- 2 Metal Nails

- Electrical Tape

Step One

First you will need to gather all of the supplies above, once that is done you can move onto step two!

Step Two

Now assemble your drill when you are done with that it should look like this - ClickHere
Step Three
Get the Double A Battery and the electrical tape and the two nails and with the electrical tape, tape each nail on each side of the battery. When you are done it should look like this - ClickHere
Step Four
Now connect the Alligator Wires to each end of the nails it should look like this - ClickHere. Now clip the other end of the RED Alligator Wire to the Cooling Head of your Nitro Rc, then connect the BLACK Alligator Wire clip onto the Glow Plug it should look like this - ClickHere.
Step Five
Now get your electric drill and put the 12mm socket at the end of the drill around your One Way Bearing, here is a picture of the One Way Bearing on my 4-Tec - ClickHere. Now the only thing you have to do is to pull the trigger on the electric drill and your Nitro Rc is running!

IF YOU THOUGH THAT THIS WAS COOL PLEASE TYPE THIS AS A REPLY BECAUSE I WANT THIS TO BE STICKIED! ("I Think That This Should Be Stickied!")

If This Gets Stickied This Will Be Me -

It This Doesn't Get Stickied This Will Be Me -

Last edited by stoptherockets3; 02-18-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Correcting Spelling
Old 11-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

110% the only How To Forum that specifies what you need to do this underground blessing tool that every one has but no one seems to want to "reveal" how they made it great! Thank you especially the pics were very help full aswell