R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Unhappy hi where to get a gear?

i know there is probablly a thread somwhere telling me exactly what i need, but i have no clue what exactly it would be called that i need, i have a smartech nitro rc 1:31 scale i think anyway this is more of a hobby so i am an ultra noob, im more in to harleys and motored bicyles anyway, i was racin 1 day, and i guess the drive gear?? was off center, and my gear got eaten alive, and now it just free wheels, no wheel turning what so ever, seems like its 1 thing or another with these cars lol so where can i get a gear for it? thanks. its a 4wd. racin car, and if you want to see it with the top, mabey more explanatory? go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhWXymnWOs and the little pins that hold the drive shafts keep misterously dissapearing, any tips on that? thanks. that was the last tank it ever ran on, here is some pics of the damage
Attached Thumbnails
hi where to get a gear?-dcam0008.jpg   hi where to get a gear?-dcam0009.jpg   hi where to get a gear?-dcam0010.jpg   hi where to get a gear?-dcam0011.jpg   hi where to get a gear?-dcam0012.jpg  

eltatertoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure what car it is but running in light gravel or even on dirty parking lots are not good for on-road cars. A small stone can get in the gears and destroy a new gear very quickly. It is better to get a off-road buggy or a truck for this kind of running around. Someone will know what make your car is. Good luck
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Go to www.smartechracing.com to find info about your car and where to get parts. Hope this helps.
gquinlan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info guys. i also have a nitro evader st by duratrax, but i keep having idle issues, that thing hasnt been running right in almost 2 years now, but i got tired of getting laughed at by the hobby shop, the hobby shop here is prettty much a nitro race team, that works on cars on the side, and hobbby town is a 45 min drive from here, so i cant get it worked on. i have the file i wrote on what happened to it somwhere, i have no clue where, but i know gas came out the air filter, and the air filter was dry?? i dunno, its just tons of idle issues, ill try to find the 2 year old story, thanks but i am tired of replacing the little pins that hold the driveshafts on,and i am hesitant to use super glue, any ideas on that? its like a little ball with a pin going through it, like on the axle.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

double post wont go away.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

oh, and can somone tell me why i paid 200 for my evader on sale?!? when the top of the line in the ad on my left is 175??????????