R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-22-2001, 12:44 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Serpent Impulse v V-One R

Has there been a comparison between the two cars?

The V-One-R has been onmy mind for a while and I hope to get it in a couple of months.

Now I'm seem to be interested in comparing the two.

Any feedback on its stock performance,hop ups and 'the good and the bad' and it's racing potential?
ChinBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 11:00 AM   #2
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Buy the VoneRR... this is better value than the VoneR!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 12:39 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Cool

Hello ChinBoy,

I have both cars....

I built the V1R first. The instructions can be quite confusing at times. The V1R is an awesome car....well balanced & well thought off. The battery, fuel tank, and steering servo, is right smack in the middle of the car. V1R comes with a radio compartment which I thought was pretty clever. I installed a Mugen MT12 RE & only have about 5 tanks on this car, and I could already see that it has lots of pottential. In particular the steering is great. Since I am only trying to break in the engine, I installed my old and worn out HPI tires. I was surprized that the V1R, made it seem like I was using high traction compounds.

Since I dont have the RR version. I ordered Kawahara Racing front and rear stabilizer bars, one way front diff, and a solid rear axle. (I would have gotten the RR if the store had it)

Otherwise it is a great car right out of the box.

I am currently putting the Serpent Impulse Pro together.

The instructions are great and well laid out. The parts bags are very well packaged in sequence. The main chassis seems to be softer than that of the V1R but it is also much lighter. The bearings are of very high quality. One negative thing about putting this kit together is that the threads on the lower suspension arms are quite tricky. You have to make sure that you screw the aluminum plugs properly otherwise you will destroy the threads.

I have only gone as far as assembling the rear transmission and suspension, and the front transmission. My fingers are all sore. The parts come together very tight.

If you get the Pro version it comes with front one-way diff, carbon fiber radio plate, front and rear stabilizer bars, wider rear foam tires, and an aluminum rear exhaust bracket.

Since the impulse pro is'nt finnished yet, I cant tell you how it handles. I'll post my opinions when I have the car done.

got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 01:05 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Well here is my comparison I for one don't own a serpent I can't tell you how it drives or how it goes togeather but I can tell you this it has not been seen at my local track in over a year

Most of us who do race have the V one R or the MTX2 so I can tell you how the V one R goes togeather and how it drives since I have one

I love this car I can tell you this its smooth and stable and it does love to be driven HARD I do meen HARD.

I have never driven a car like this, I like the way it handles on the straight and especially in the infield where the transfer of weight seems to push most other cars, this is minimal I might be under powerd in the engine department as in I use the CVR as my power plant, but I do seem to keep up with the more modified motors that are out their.

I am hopeing to get my hands on the V one RR some time in early FEB since I do have a friend who will be kind enough to pick one up for me when he goe's to H K

buy the Kyosho you wont be sorry
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 10:40 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Heyalignmentguy, I might be able to get my hands on a couple of V1RR's are you interested? He should be able to let me know today or tomorrow if his friend still has some.
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 11:26 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler
Default Re: Serpent Impulse v V-One R

Quote:
Originally posted by ChinBoy
Has there been a comparison between the two cars?

The V-One-R has been onmy mind for a while and I hope to get it in a couple of months.

Now I'm seem to be interested in comparing the two.

Any feedback on its stock performance,hop ups and 'the good and the bad' and it's racing potential?
If u can wait for a couple of months more, get the V One RR... Toykar, Singapore's distributer would be bringing it in soon... But a word of caution, Singapore races will not be running the outlaw class, the class that V One RR is in anytime soon... So you might just not be able to enter the local competitions... But once again, that problem can be solved by changing a few parts like the VSD and rear mounts to fit the sedan body.... Oh, and get rubber tires too cos the local organisers are rather reserved about foams... Only the local Serpent guys have changed to foams...

Comparisons.... or rather there are no comparisons... get the V One RR!!! And skin a Serpent with it!!!

Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 06:05 PM   #7
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Serpent Impulse v V-One R

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauler

If u can wait for a couple of months more, get the V One RR... Toykar, Singapore's distributer would be bringing it in soon... But a word of caution, Singapore races will not be running the outlaw class, the class that V One RR is in anytime soon... So you might just not be able to enter the local competitions... But once again, that problem can be solved by changing a few parts like the VSD and rear mounts to fit the sedan body.... Oh, and get rubber tires too cos the local organisers are rather reserved about foams... Only the local Serpent guys have changed to foams...

Comparisons.... or rather there are no comparisons... get the V One RR!!! And skin a Serpent with it!!!

well, the serpent has dead meat anyway!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 06:21 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Manticore: Do the rr use longer dog bone or longer outdrive on both?
kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 06:25 PM   #9
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by kyosho
Manticore: Do the rr use longer dog bone or longer outdrive on both?
I dont have a V1RR.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 07:57 PM   #10
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

I dont have a V1RR.
Manticore has a V1RRR!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 08:26 PM   #11
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Originally posted by got_speed?
Heyalignmentguy, I might be able to get my hands on a couple of V1RR's are you interested? He should be able to let me know today or tomorrow if his friend still has some.

Well yes I am interested But I have a little patiance A good friend of mine is going to Hong Kong for a little vacation and he said he would be kind enough to pick one up for me plus a couple extra goodies

Thanks for the offer but I will wait untill Jan to get mine
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 09:18 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Manticore has a V1RRR!!!!!!
V One RR haRdkoRe....
Issn't that 4 Rs?!!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:09 PM   #13