R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-28-2003, 05:58 PM   #1
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Digital Camera Recommendations Please!

I really need to get a digital camera so I can sell stuff on eBay, and so I can post pictures on the forums too .

I need an reasonably priced camera that gives high quality detailed pics(if thats possible ).

Thanks in advance!
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
Tech Adept

i have Canon PowerShot S30. It has 3.2Mega Pixels with upto 10X zoom. It's GREAT~!!! i used couple similar price range, it's the best. it's only around $350 maybe cheaper now. hmm... but this post sounds little OFF topic.
tjrcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

cannon powershot g3 all the way. It is a great camera, and i think it is 4 megapixels. We bought it for $500 on ebay, u kno with the buy it now for ... Just keep looking around. If all you are going to use it for is selling stuff on ebay, you don't really need a big flash card. Maybe a 32mb. I agree, this post is a little off topic!

CJ DUDLEY
NTC3
NTC3 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I apologize for being off-topic.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:54 AM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

try and get the highest mega pixels as possible
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 09:48 AM   #6
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
try and get the highest mega pixels as possible
If you're posting web pictures, this is an unimportant feature. 2 megapixel digicams are enough to print pictures up to A4 (letter format to you American guys ). If you're talking pictures for website, 2 megapixels are enough.

Just so happen now that you virtually cannot find digicams with 2 megapixels anymore from the various camera manufacturers. So happen that those digicams that come out with advance features are all equipped with super size CCDs. Things that you would want to look for in a digicam is optical zoom (versus digital zoom which is not preferred), battery life and possibly macro mode shooting for that nice closeup pictures of the car There are many other frills and features that you can look into. I actually have lost touch in digital photopgraphy.

If money is no object, get the Canon EOS 1D It makes conventional cameras obselete. Seriously, if you want more information and recommendation about digital photography and digicams, just head to this site. It's the mother of all digicam websites. It has tons of reviews there. There are also forums there that you can ask your questions and like most forums, there are friendly people who would give advise freely and there are those that will bite you off your head. Likewise here too

I use to frequent that website when I first got my Coolpix. Now that RC hobby has taken most of my time, digital photography is just something I use now to feed and support my interest in RC hobby
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

get the Canon Powershot S400, compact, light, sleek look and packed with 4.0 megapixel, an all in one 'carry-everywhere' digicam. No point getting a big and heavy camera where you feel reluctant to carry it around!
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Stick with the major brands and you can't go wrong. I prefer Sony, Olympus, Nikon, and maybe Fujifilm. Sony seems to enhance colors which might make things look nicer however reds is not it's strong point. Olympus and Nikon are great but the pricier ones are nicer. Fuji has good features but ergonomics sometimes is not that good. Each have their own quirks and you just have to pick the one that bothers you the least. Maybe get something you could also use at parties and special occasions. Check out:
http://www.dpreview.com/ and http://www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en for reviews.
BTW, Happy Bday!
rskoncepts is offline   Reply With Quote