R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-30-2003, 11:38 PM   #76
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard

prob whack a 2nd hand MRX3... never touch a 1/8 before.
need some practise befour the 4.
Vinyard,

Hold your temptation of getting a used 1/8 to try out. If you are hooked, and the MRX-4 is released, it'll be hard for you to sell the old one.

Better yet, check your budget see if it's comfortable for you to move up on. It surely is faster and a lot easier to drive, but the cost of maintaining .21 is also pretty high.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
Vinyard,

Hold your temptation of getting a used 1/8 to try out. If you are hooked, and the MRX-4 is released, it'll be hard for you to sell the old one.

Better yet, check your budget see if it's comfortable for you to move up on. It surely is faster and a lot easier to drive, but the cost of maintaining .21 is also pretty high.
I am hooked after being the un-offical photographer of the recent 1/8 race. Almost laid my hands on one, but my wallet deosnt allow me to maintian it..
time to ask my boss for a pay rise...

MRX4.... hmmz.. that's a nifty idea...
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:16 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Default mrx4

On the topic of the MRX4,i've been hearing certain things that point towards it being used at the upcoming worlds and maybe unveiled a couple weeks before that.Nothing 100% solid just wisphers and the like.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #79
Tech Regular

i have recently gotten into gas racing after racing electric for five years. i curently have a nitro tc3 but beacause of lack of durability i am becoming frustrated with the cars weeknesses. and wanted to know between the 705 and the mtx-3 which was an easier car to get setup on any track quicker. i would also like to know about durability between the two. if i could here the trade of between the two cars it would be of great help.
jiggamacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jiggamacdaddy
i have recently gotten into gas racing after racing electric for five years. i curently have a nitro tc3 but beacause of lack of durability i am becoming frustrated with the cars weeknesses. and wanted to know between the 705 and the mtx-3 which was an easier car to get setup on any track quicker. i would also like to know about durability between the two. if i could here the trade of between the two cars it would be of great help.
ask yourself this few questions..
1. does your LHS provide parts support for any of the 2 cars?
2. which is cheaper in your hometown.
(the info i gather is that in some countries, snakes' stuffs are cheaper then mugen )

after asking this few questions it might help you decide better..
you know what.. dun get the mugen coz its not fun racing out of the box and you enlarge your wallet hole by getting all the hop-ups available, just get the snake and have oodles of fun setting up the car.
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #81
Tech Regular

thanks for your opinion but how does the mugen and the 705 handle out of the box at any track? dont get me wrong i like seting up the car but i dont want to be seting it up so much that i dont get to drive.
jiggamacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 08:35 PM   #82
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well
i think that the mugen handels great out of the box with its factory setting.

serpent? i dont know

but i doubt that both cars will differ that much
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #83
Tech Master

My 705 handled great out of the box and last weekend it and a MTX3 raced nose to tail for a full 5min qualifier. The cars are pretty much equal in terms of handling and with equally good drivers and engines neither will pull a gap on the other.

Just go with what you think is right for you
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #84
Tech Rookie

man it doesnt matter what you decided to get my SS will still kick your a.S.S.coz you are so fat and slow!!

by the way johnny werent you suposed to be pitting for me today?? too much of a hangover or wink wink nudge nudge?

oh and man the nationals are on soon, we have to go, see this mtx serpent battle

GO TEAM SS!!!!!!!
dark_dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Hi,

I was in St. Annes today testing the transponder system.

Was there racing in Santry. I could have popped up with my Yokomo & whopped all your collective asses!!!!!!

So team SS are going Snake, ah well somebody has to!

See if you can get advice/tips from any of the lads from the North running 705's.

All the best
click, dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:58 PM   #86
Tech Master

johnny,

were you the guy who was in our pit tent using the set up station on the SS at St. Annes at the Rd 3 Nationals 3 weeks ago? We were pitting right up in the back corner. I was running the 705 with the red/white split Stratus shell and wearing one of the latest Yokomo Grey T-shirts (what a combo - I have a few Yokomo parts on my 705).
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:01 PM   #87
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Eddie, All those cars and only 3 trophies?

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:19 PM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
Eddie, All those cars and only 3 trophies?
needed space to hang cars though.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #89
Tech Apprentice

Ok let me give you the inside scoop,I've heard through reliable sources that the new serpent will be out in december so for those who are buying 705's now should hold off till then.Don't know if its a completely different car other then it being lighter then the current one.There are four of us who bought new cars,two mtx3's and two 705's.I can tell you that as soon as I put the mtx 3 on the ground I became a better driver.I have only played around with springs and tires to get it to hook up.My other friend has a bone stock mtx 3 and has gradually become familiar with it and is up to speed.One of the guys with a 705 is running good but has made many changes in setups to hook up.The other guy who has had his 705 for months and has lightened everything on the car,drove it for the first time and had a serious pushing problem even with 35 shore fronts This guy is one of floridas top drivers in touring car.The bottom line is both cars are good but if you want to be fast now get a mugen,if not wait until dec. for the 706?705 pro?705 street spec?735?750?salven edition?etc.etc.etc.

P.S. I did not mention the ntc3( I considered this car at one point)simply because although the car is ballistic it is too fragile and needs extensive mods for duability and hopups to be competitive.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 01:58 PM   #90
Tech Master

couldn't agree me more on this:
Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
...it is too fragile and needs extensive mods for duability and hopups to be competitive...