R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2001, 01:52 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

KO MARS EX-1 is the way to go. Doesn't drain you batteries like the M8, and it feels well balanced.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

I would strongly suggest M8, Some people has mentioned battery drainage issue, now here is the fact, since M8 has a bettery meter shown on the large display, and after I recharged it overnight and the timer shown 2 hours and 16 minutes useage and my battery pack drop from 11.0v to 10.3v and the owner's manuel said if it drops down to 9.2v it will still work! and there is a fuel pump icon showing on the right side screen showing battery meter in bars didnt drop at all!

Now in terms of cost wise, I think it's best for the price! especially with the functions. I paid $249.99 for a complete set, including TX, micro 3 channel RX, a set of Crystal, TX module, 2 standard servos, DSC connection cable, power switch with charging plug. besides you can also buy different channel crystal for around $30 a pair.

Bottom line is if there are so many ppl using M8 including those top notch drivers then there must be something right about the radio! it's just plain common sense!

Hope that will help narrow down your selection!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 06:59 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
I would strongly suggest M8, Some people has mentioned battery drainage issue, now here is the fact, since M8 has a bettery meter shown on the large display, and after I recharged it overnight and the timer shown 2 hours and 16 minutes useage and my battery pack drop from 11.0v to 10.3v and the owner's manuel said if it drops down to 9.2v it will still work! and there is a fuel pump icon showing on the right side screen showing battery meter in bars didnt drop at all!

Now in terms of cost wise, I think it's best for the price! especially with the functions. I paid $249.99 for a complete set, including TX, micro 3 channel RX, a set of Crystal, TX module, 2 standard servos, DSC connection cable, power switch with charging plug. besides you can also buy different channel crystal for around $30 a pair.

Bottom line is if there are so many ppl using M8 including those top notch drivers then there must be something right about the radio! it's just plain common sense!

Hope that will help narrow down your selection!
I have both EX1 and M8. The EX1 is small in size and easy to carry/transport because of its size but I have big problem to hold this thing even for 5 mins. My arm twisted in 2 mins because of the unbalance.

The M8 is a little bit heavier and its odd size is a little bit problem for transport but I feel that the natural balance of this TX is great and I dont get tired or having my arm twisted for holding it long time.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:09 PM   #19
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


I have both EX1 and M8. The EX1 is small in size and easy to carry/transport because of its size but I have big problem to hold this thing even for 5 mins. My arm twisted in 2 mins because of the unbalance.

The M8 is a little bit heavier and its odd size is a little bit problem for transport but I feel that the natural balance of this TX is great and I dont get tired or having my arm twisted for holding it long time.
Thats why you need a wheel extension or the 2000R!!! Then after that you need the 6 hours guided tour to remember how to use those crappy menu layouts on the EX-1 ....... but I still like my 2000R!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:53 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Thats why you need a wheel extension or the 2000R!!! Then after that you need the 6 hours guided tour to remember how to use those crappy menu layouts on the EX-1 ....... but I still like my 2000R!!

even with the wheel extension, it is still not good !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:42 AM   #21
Tech Adept
 
Team_Akina_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali
Posts: 218
Send a message via AIM to Team_Akina_1
Default

I use the CX2P, it is right for my hand and looks great. The receiver was a airtronic micro, it is the same one that comes with the M8. I am happy with what I got.
Team_Akina_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 02:07 AM   #22
Tech Master
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NSW OZ
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Me I like the JR r1 it has all the bells and whistles and is easy to uses menu ..
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:50 AM   #23
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by chippy
Me I like the JR r1 it has all the bells and whistles and is easy to uses menu ..
Oh I like the R1 very much too! but I decided to get M8 because:
1. Function wise pretty much the same, except PCM
2. M8 is lighter
3. TX battery pack doesnt drain as fast
4. Main reason is cost wise, I got a brand new M8 with TX,RX, TX module, a set of crystals, 2 standard servo(although I have no use of it) plus 2 extra sets of crystals, the total cost is still cheaper than a R1 with just TX and RX.

I was torn between the 2 like a month ago! I finally decided to go for M8.
Just my $0.02
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:46 AM   #24
Tech Regular
 
ozzyNEOdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: sydney,
Posts: 499
Default

the ex1 is a gem. all the features, excellent ergonomic design, light, no excess baulky plastic.

only draw back is the screen is rather small, but i've never really been in a situation were i needed a large screen, except maybe if you like to look at pritty little throttle curves
ozzyNEOdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:07 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NSW OZ
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

When you guys get old and cenile like me you need the biggest sceen you can get LOL
Running nimh can run 2 race days with out recharging 3 x5min heats and 30min final not a prob....
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:53 AM   #26
Tech Regular
 
adelmundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo
Default

Who actually has a chance to look at the screen during a race? I know I never do in the middle of the race! I have the 200R (Number 1873 of 2000 WOOHOO) and it is just a good radio for me. It feels the best in my hand...other people are different so in a sense, all the top notch radios are good and pretty much do the same thing. Get the one that feels best to you.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:14 PM   #27
Tech Addict
 
wolfeman09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Big Dance, USA
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09
Default JR-1 Owner

This is what did it for me. I was going to get the M8, Jr-R1, or the Hitex Lynx.

Fortunatley for me, my LHS had all 3 in stock and i was able to hold all of them. To me the M8 and Lynx were to top heavy and the feel of the JR was just right.

This is where it think it comes down to. All the top radios have the same features (i believe the JR has the most) and its up to feel. Also, all the JR items are top notch, a little more expensive but way worth it.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:58 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice
 
zongling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 60
Default Personally...

Well... if given the choice with

1) Very good controller
2) TX, RX receiver set
3) Battery pack
4) Crystal set
5) 2 VR servos

The most obvious under SG$600 will be M8. However, due to recent crash of frequencies in tracks, failed safe is a very good feature when you lost control of your car! Futaba 3PJS follow very closely behind because of it's failed safe and PCM.

Ultimately, if got the money... my choice? JR R1 is my no one choice!

zongling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:38 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i like the hitec lynx 3d. my bro has one and i love the feel of it. it has so many features and with the novak combo i think this is the best deal out there. im going to get a lynx 3d. for 300$ you get a novak 5 channel rx , tx module and tx nicad pack
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please suggest first on road car... therealj Electric On-Road 32 08-06-2008 11:02 AM
New to hobby, suggest starter kit The_Raptor Electric On-Road 18 06-06-2006 10:35 AM
Anyone suggest a good engine porter? Juall Electric Off-Road 31 10-10-2005 05:46 PM
Which would you suggest? onebeatuptc3 Electric On-Road 3 10-02-2004 07:24 PM
CA Tire Glue - what would you suggest? puma1824 Nitro On-Road 14 05-17-2003 04:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net