R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

heyy you should change your stuff every year with TM to be as fast as stock mugens which are all same about years.....only a couple of new front susp. parts, and mugens are all competitive...or xrays or serps. serpent makes a new spec every year, but its not important. they still beat up the g4rs with the first serp 720, but they cant beat the first serp720-mug mtx4-nt1... with a stock g4s
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
heyy you should change your stuff every year with TM to be as fast as stock mugens which are all same about years.....only a couple of new front susp. parts, and mugens are all competitive...or xrays or serps. serpent makes a new spec every year, but its not important. they still beat up the g4rs with the first serp 720, but they cant beat the first serp720-mug mtx4-nt1... with a stock g4s
Yeah, thats what they all said, then the G4 went and won the European's ...AGAIN !!! Oh and didn't you know, the G4 qualified 2nd in the worlds??

Can't remember what the cars were immediately behind but I think they were Serpent's, Mugan's and Nt1's ....lol

Oh, also, G4 British champ, how many years in a row now??? 4, 5 or is it 6 years in a row now??? Italian champs, Spanish Champs, Portugueze Champs.

I think all the other drivers out there had the option to get Mugan's, Serpent's and Nt1's too.
Lol.............like has been said. G4.....one of the best on the market right now.

And all in stock form now the G4RS is out too.

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #18
Tech Regular
 
meronr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oradell NJ
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Yeah, thats what they all said, then the G4 went and won the European's ...AGAIN !!! Oh and didn't you know, the G4 qualified 2nd in the worlds??

Can't remember what the cars were immediately behind but I think they were Serpent's, Mugan's and Nt1's ....lol

Oh, also, G4 British champ, how many years in a row now??? 4, 5 or is it 6 years in a row now??? Italian champs, Spanish Champs, Portugueze Champs.

I think all the other drivers out there had the option to get Mugan's, Serpent's and Nt1's too.
Lol.............like has been said. G4.....one of the best on the market right now.

And all in stock form now the G4RS is out too.

British Menace
this is all good but the car has not done squat in the U.S.
__________________
Meron Rubinowitsch
meronr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
this is all good but the car has not done squat in the U.S.
And it won't do "squat" unless more people start running them in the US. When I raced onroad at Revelation in Cali, it was semi popular (G4). I have seen its fair share at clubs in Cali, but you wont see it in a podium finish most likely due to the number of competitors chassis being entered vs the ratio of the G4 (E4 or whatever).

The 1/8th TM car looks pretty good I think. I love the chassis!
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
dnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
this is all good but the car has not done squat in the U.S.
My friend,

Why do some people think the US is the Mecca of RC world? "If it doesn't do good in the US, then it probably sucks" seems to be the mentally of many. There is another world outside the US you know. They have the same choices as Americans (MTX, NT1, 720, RRR, G4) but the distribution system of TM in other countries is alot more stable and streamlined, that is why it is more popular out there. If only 1 of 20 racers have a G4, then it is only a 5% chance of winning. In Mugen country (southern cali) there is probably 40-50% ratio of MTX4 vs other brands, so they have a greater chance of winning. As you said, it is all probability.
__________________
TM G4S
IDM Evo3
dnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
this is all good but the car has not done squat in the U.S.
Oh no, thats right............
I mean, it never won the 200mm nitro Midwest series champ' in 2006
Neither did it win the Midwest open champ' the same year.

It also did not qualify 6th (Mike Blackstock........you may have heard of him?)
at the Great Lakes Challenge last year. For saying there was only three G4's there......not bad effort.

Heart of America series, G4 (Mark Angotti !) came third in the championship.
Again only 2 or 3 cars in the series so not bad eh Mark !??

Unless I'm mystaken, and these races didn't take place in America?

I will admit, there has not been as much as there could have been soley because of distribution problems and not many running the car!

Also, just because the car has done so well everywhere else and not in the states does not mean the car isn't any good?!

Renault cars and Engines are some of the best in the world, (look at F1 for Ex yet they don't do alot over here in the States.

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #22
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

..The front sway bar looks like it will work. The quick release front one way is awesome! It makes for fast front belt changes...NICE!!!!!
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
moy
Tech Master
 
moy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 818's
Posts: 1,043
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

kinda looks like motonica. nice alloy bulkhead.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #24
Tech Adept
 
Rc_Boy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Zealand, Dunedin
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Rc_Boy89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
If I am right then these parts are made on a 3D printer.
Quote:
p.s. Over NT$ 1,000,000 has been spent on this concept already.
Ive heard of them printers their pretty expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by moy
kinda looks like motonica.
dario must be helping out with the design
__________________
.:Team Extreme:.

Kyosho STRR / OS Speed
Mugen MTX-4R / RB Speedline Matrix
Jammin CRT.5 / Sirio STI
Rc_Boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #25
Tech Adept
 
kreamUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
switching to mugen??big mistake!
are you serious? your a toool.
__________________
Mugen MTX-4R-NINJA MR12TUNED-NINJA FLS || Kyosho v-one RRR evo.2-SirioXXX-Sirio 2611
Kyosho Inferno WC-JAMMIN' JP3 || Kyosho M3-Sirio CL7R-Novarossi
XRAY T3'-Novak 13.5/tekinR1 || Serpent S120-RP x11 3.5
Tamiya IFS-Novak17.5/SPX || Tamiya TT-01-LRP x11 17.5
kreamUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #26
Tech Adept
 
ShrekNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_Boy89 View Post
Ive heard of them printers their pretty expensive
Sam they don't have to be expensive check this out http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome

I've seen one of the protypes working - an amasing project imagine printing replecement parts at the track.
ShrekNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Rc_Boy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Zealand, Dunedin
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Rc_Boy89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrekNZ View Post
[/url]

I've seen one of the protypes working - an amasing project imagine printing replecement parts at the track.
that would be pretty cool aye! not that you have to replace many broken parts with a mugen cu guys at the gas nats if you going?
__________________
.:Team Extreme:.

Kyosho STRR / OS Speed
Mugen MTX-4R / RB Speedline Matrix
Jammin CRT.5 / Sirio STI
Rc_Boy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
this is all good but the car has not done squat in the U.S.
I dont think the current US distributors are sponsoring anyone!
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
My friend,

Why do some people think the US is the Mecca of RC world? "If it doesn't do good in the US, then it probably sucks" seems to be the mentally of many. There is another world outside the US you know. They have the same choices as Americans (MTX, NT1, 720, RRR, G4) but the distribution system of TM in other countries is alot more stable and streamlined, that is why it is more popular out there. If only 1 of 20 racers have a G4, then it is only a 5% chance of winning. In Mugen country (southern cali) there is probably 40-50% ratio of MTX4 vs other brands, so they have a greater chance of winning. As you said, it is all probability.
Are you sure you should be talking like this?

I am afraid, home land security is already reserving you a seat on a deportation flight...

It's soo refreshing to see an American who dares to look beyond his plate.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 AM   #30
Tech Adept
 
little man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at home
Posts: 211
Default

YOU SHOULD BE GLAD YOU DIDNT BUY THE 1/8 CAR CAUSE ITS F;;;;;; UGLY IT LOOKS LIKE A TOY GONE WRONG WHITE NYLONE EVERY WHERE WHAT CRAP TO KEEP CLEAN THANK CRIST FOR RIT DYE.
THE ARMS ARE A GOOD IDEA THOUGH BUT NOT WHITE USE BLUE TO MATCH THE FRONT
__________________
tamiya ta05,kyosho tf5,kyosho v1s,ansmann terrier,tamiya lunchbox,hpi cyber 10 b
I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN ,NOW DAMM IT
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4S NEW IN BOX mafiaracers R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-12-2006 01:18 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
Team Magic G4 gas car mav Singapore R/C Racers 1 06-25-2003 10:03 PM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net