R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Great to hear you enjoyed it
Ive used the STS engines and had no issues with them.

Just dont want you to get into the rut and way of thinking that money buys you speed. This is a awesome hobby/sport and you have to realise its hands on and you learn all the time.
We have seen the club and local rc scene loose to many guys because they are guided by some to think that you have to buy in order to be successful.

keep at the VRC its one of the best buys you have made !!!
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no way ill spend more than a 1k on an engine, omega picco cost me r600, sts cost me 800 incl the spares and the jlr with skyline pipe i got for R 1000 (brand new), offer the guy that and he accepted, needless to say it was christmas day, so he was being nice.

if theres anything ive learnt from the last sunday, its that those expensive R3k and over engines are hard to tune, i cannot even begin to tell you how many guys had issues with fuel cuts and overheating (the hot weather was no help either), my omega run cold and rich the whole day, and i kept it that way, didnt lean it at all, and i believe its one of very few engines out there that day that had no tuning or overheating issues, must say it was a bit slower than all those mega, nova and sirio engine out there, but the most consistant, so a R600 engine did good id say, so expensive engine, not for me, id rather stick to easy to tune engines and engines that hold their tune.

are you going to make the next race???
rias5037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Yeah i will beat the next meet.
My G4S was sorted and ready to run.

This weekend is electric at Gateway so it will make up for not running at Southway
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you race nitro and electric!!!, cool, my boet asif has also started racing mini's, sure you will bump into him when you there. all the best for that, so you soon.
rias5037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #35

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
The fastest engine is not to tell. Every engine in combination with any exhaust/manifold has its own performance. Depending on the kind of track and grip there can be situations that the fastest combo is the slowest....

Gearing does play a role as well. The CRF is one huge example you have to gear different than others to gain its performance.

Very well put.

I am still a big fan of the CRF engine. Once geared, clutched and tuned properly this engine has HUGE potential! I tune and mod my own with a few special tricks and have had VERY good luck with them.

For an engine you can buy today,

Murnan NR LS3 .12 modified is still one of the most impressive engines I have tested to date, and very reasonably priced!
X-Dyno tests show 1.16 hp 33.5 oz in tq with peak rpm of 43,000. And the best looking tq curve I have seen so far, very linear power!

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #36
Tech Rookie

Talking

i will have to say the serio sti evo 3 motors and the idm engines baaallllistic!
big mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike View Post
i will have to say the serio sti evo 3 motors and the idm engines baaallllistic!
Seen the EVO3 run and it is fast. Aside from the leaky front bearing it was a good motor. BTW welcome to the forums.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote