R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will the Twister tires fit the Mugen MTX-3?

Thank you,

Yes, they will fit.

Jamie Corrado

Hey, Thank you for the response. I contacted the people at twister tire and they said the serpent style foam tire would fit the MTX-3. But the Serpent style is 0mm offset. As far as I can remember the MTX-3 requires a 2mm offset. Any help with this would be great because I would love to give the twister tires a shot.

Thank you!
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #32
Tech Regular

you can order the the kyosho style rim from twister which has the 2mm offset..
Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
yes
Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
Hummm, I e-mailed the guy at twister tire and he said to order the serpent style rim for the mtx-3. Ahhh I am confused now.
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have used the twister 1/10th tires for the last three years and they are great tried them last year on my mrx3 cars and had problems with the rear wheels, tires were great but we would spin the wheel on the axle 1 position where the wheel goes around the drive pin still used the wheel but had to watch how you put the wheel on so that you didn't get it in the stripped hole the design of the wheel around the drive pin could be improved a little by filling the space between the drive pin holes. other than that the tires are good to go
gomer3245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer3245 View Post
i have used the twister 1/10th tires for the last three years and they are great tried them last year on my mrx3 cars and had problems with the rear wheels, tires were great but we would spin the wheel on the axle 1 position where the wheel goes around the drive pin still used the wheel but had to watch how you put the wheel on so that you didn't get it in the stripped hole the design of the wheel around the drive pin could be improved a little by filling the space between the drive pin holes. other than that the tires are good to go
Uhh, thanks, I think.

All and any issues with rims have been fixed a long time ago.
New rims were implimented and quality control is at its highest.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Hummm, I e-mailed the guy at twister tire and he said to order the serpent style rim for the mtx-3. Ahhh I am confused now.
If kevin is the guy you are talking about then he must think the mtx3 used the normal rim, not 2mm offset. I do not think the mugen uses a 2mm offset, but I could be wrong. What is boils down to is this. If you want 2mm offset get the kyosho style rim and make sure to order the 2mm offset in the rear. If they are not 2mm offset, then order the serpent style rim. All the mugen sedan cars I have seen people drive have used serpent style rim.

Hope this helps.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Thanks Kevin for supporting my racing this year during the Florida State Series. Twister Tires worked great! I was always able to put the power down to the pavement in my MRX-4X and TQ 5 of 7 State Series Races. Can't wait to run my MTX-4R at the regionals with Twister Tires now that I have more of an idea after the U.S. Open. Thanks again Kevin!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The mtx-3 used the off-set out of the box. However due to availability issues a lot of people used the spacer washers that were an option or just widened up the car in the rear...hope this helps.
Way to go CHAMP!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
If you still have issues call me 305-586-6072

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

The best tires I tires I have ever tried. Can't say anything bad about twister and now with local support its even better. I cant see my self using anything else.

Car: Mtx4
Radio Futaba 3pk
Engine: Novarossi / Os Speed Tunned.
Fuel: Maxy / O' Donnell
MTX4JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Glad you liked them. I ran this weekend and my cars were great. Sedan and 1/8 scale where on rails and easy to drive. Plenty of steering and rear traction.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Twister Tires @ 301 Raceway

Twister tires helped me pull off a second place finish at 301 this past weekend with a fast lap of 20.8 and a 15 lap run These tires are awesome. Plenty of stability and corner speed was out of this world!! Thank you Twister!!
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Twister tires helped me pull off a second place finish at 301 this past weekend with a fast lap of 20.8 and a 15 lap run These tires are awesome. Plenty of stability and corner speed was out of this world!! Thank you Twister!!
Melvin loaned me a set my last time down to 301 and the tires were excellent. Thanks man and congrats on the 15 lapper!!! Definately plan on running twisters in the future.

Later
Gael
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Congrats Melvin. Those are good laps. Glad to see your results with the tires. Twister Tires all the way.

DJ Apolaro