BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong View Post
we're running 1/8th
yeah, thats the point.. I am totally gettin my ass kicked lol its all good, makes me faster..

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Do you think you could pm me a starting setup that has good steering(I hate cars that push)? I clicked the join button, Still waiting on someone to say I don't suck tooo much lol

Old 01-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

how much would it cost me to get everything I need to get?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
Tech Elite

For 11 tracks, the game, and a USB controler so you can use your M8 or whatever radio you have is about $140 depending on dealer.. Honestly WORTH IT!! lol. Tomorrow my nitro sedan race will be rained out. But in a couple weeks I get to race against some of the best in the world in VRC.. makes me faster and more consistent for the long mains..and its cheaper than going to the track and wearing out everything.. or crashing while trying to push to the very limit(like straight lining chicanes with 1/8th scale)

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 01-26-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

cool, as I have a m8. do you actually get to use cars such as mtx4, rrr, etc. How real is the control factor and setups and graphics?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #22
Tech Elite

well, so far the setups don't mirror real world setups.. I used a setup on the 710 that I liked a lot in real life and it sucked on VRC.. but the setup changes and whatnot seem to work about right for the change vs affect.. they dont have the xray to new, the mugen is the mtx3, but the kyosho is the rrr. The cars seem to be the same, but with gear ratio diffrences... Like last night my car was pushing a lot, so I swapped out the spool for a diff in front.. changed tire shore. springs, bars.. you can't adjust roll center.. but you can do enough to get the car in the ballpark. Shock oil weight tire shore, springs, # of holes in pistons, front and rear swaybars, front and rear track, wheel base,ride height, camber, caster, toe, engine, pipe(short, med, long), header(short, med, long), gearing, shift points, wing gurney, body shift forward or aft +/- 2mm.....

there is enough to play with lol, it helps me keep my mind in the game.. not to mention hitting your marks isn't easy.. offline there is no grip, just like at a big race...

Graphics are good enough to work with it.. not great tho(this coming from a Gamer). Most people will deal with the graphics..

Old 01-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
well, so far the setups don't mirror real world setups.. I used a setup on the 710 that I liked a lot in real life and it sucked on VRC.. but the setup changes and whatnot seem to work about right for the change vs affect.. they dont have the xray to new, the mugen is the mtx3, but the kyosho is the rrr. The cars seem to be the same, but with gear ratio diffrences... Like last night my car was pushing a lot, so I swapped out the spool for a diff in front.. changed tire shore. springs, bars.. you can't adjust roll center.. but you can do enough to get the car in the ballpark. Shock oil weight tire shore, springs, # of holes in pistons, front and rear swaybars, front and rear track, wheel base,ride height, camber, caster, toe, engine, pipe(short, med, long), header(short, med, long), gearing, shift points, wing gurney, body shift forward or aft +/- 2mm.....

there is enough to play with lol, it helps me keep my mind in the game.. not to mention hitting your marks isn't easy.. offline there is no grip, just like at a big race...

Graphics are good enough to work with it.. not great tho(this coming from a Gamer). Most people will deal with the graphics..
Patrick, do me a favor and pm me your setup if you get a chance i am not home yet but will be in a little while if your still online maybe i'll just call ya.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr View Post
Patrick, do me a favor and pm me your setup if you get a chance i am not home yet but will be in a little while if your still online maybe i'll just call ya.
Call me when you get home.. I have like 10 setups now. It depends on what you like.. I like a car thats loose as hell... but for a reasonable car I have two setups for you to try...

Old 01-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
Tech Regular

just got home just got to do some things and i'll call you....
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #26
Tech Elite

you mean to tell me brian AVERAGES 12.2 seconds per lap... , Thats with pitstop. And I was all happy when I had ONE 12.9 holy hell...