R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #61
Tech Elite

rx7ttlm has some good points.

I'd also like to add that all of my main wins, and every position gained, have been because of the NT1's durability. Simply put, the competition had far more problems with popped belts, stripped gears and broken parts (after contacting a wall, disc or other car) than my XRAY.

Almost every time I had a bad main run, losing position(s), it was always caused by motor issues due to my lack of talent in that area.

With that in mind, I'm pretty sure that the reoccurring costs of racing and maintaining the NT1 are definitely on the low side of the manufacturing totem pole, regardless of the higher priced parts. The extra track time gained is also priceless.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***

Last edited by teamgp; 01-25-2008 at 07:36 PM.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
rx7ttlm has some good points.

I'd also like to add that all of my main wins, and every position gained, have been because of the NT1's durability. Simply put, the competition had far more problems with popped belts, stripped gears and broken parts (after contacting a wall, disc or other car) than my XRAY.

Almost every time I had a bad main run, losing position(s), it was always caused by motor issues due to my lack of talent in that area.

With that in mind, I'm pretty sure that the reoccurring costs of racing and maintaining the NT1 are definitely on the low side of the manufacturing totem pole, regardless of the higher priced parts. The extra track time gained is also priceless.
HA! girlfriend is wrong again!! lol I am not always wrong... lol Thanks guy. btw, I think I might have roly paint my next body. I will show it to you when I get it back *big smile*

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
HA! girlfriend is wrong again!! lol I am not always wrong... lol Thanks guy. btw, I think I might have roly paint my next body. I will show it to you when I get it back *big smile*
Post it here when its done so we can see it.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
Post it here when its done so we can see it.
Thats crazy, I wouldn't have thought of that... note, check the last post on that page lol

Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #65
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent tried the nt1 yet coz parts here in the philippines is not that complete. Im a mugen fanatic for 5 years. when i first drove my 720. Its very stable compared to mugen. as for duarbility, sad to say mugen is much stronger than the 720. and im much faster with the serpent so i did stick to my 720. sold my mugen. My advice is that look for parts support.
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

ok guys....made a purchase today....and the winner is.....XRAY NT1!!!! yeah i broke down and payed the money for it....Amainhobbies....so i just wana thank yall for all the opinions and answers to questions asked on this post...now i just gotta learn how to set this thing up right!! c-ya at 301 or Homestead!!
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I'll be passing you at 301 you mean. J/K. Good luck with the xray, they are nice cars
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Like anything else. The reason why you don't see just one car dominate at nationals is because even at that level it comes down to driver.. granted a pos car can't win the race for you.. xray tries to come close, but they also enter more drivers than most teams at a lot of events.. Like Fuel nats this year, it was in ralphs back yard.. barry wins.. winternats last year.. in palo's back yard.. he wins.. how well do you know the track, how close is your setup, and don't make any mistakes for that perfect hour... I totally thought tosso was going to win the worlds how he was driving and how his car was running in australia.. didn't work out.. but its all kinda subjective.. I like xray because I spend less time building and fiddling and more time driving.. congrads on your choice.. hope you like it as much as I like mine..