R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp View Post
I didn't get any PM's guys. Not sure why.
Cause you suck.. lol

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfro6512 View Post
Hey rx7ttlm, when is your next race? I want to see how you perform againts the MTX-4s, 720's, and RRR's in the area.
Well it was going to be sunday at speedworld, but I don't think it will happen cause of weather...

Old 01-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Keep me posted. I'm usually at Speedworld or VRC. I went to a few races at RAMS and Norcal. If there's a race, i'm usually there. See u at the track.
jfro6512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Johns View Post
I t is amazing how many people have different reactions and opinions to cars. I have heard alot of people saying the XRAY has the best fit and Finish, so when I said before that the Serpent requires fit and finish I may have not been fully clear.

The overall build of the 720 is fantastic, the fit and finish throughout is impeccable. The only areas that require fit and finish is the movement of suspension specifically the rear end, brand new out of the box it is really tight. You have to take the time and polish the ball ends for the rear sway bar so it moves completely free and does not affect the suspension, Also making sure the pivot ball suspension moves freely at all angles front and rear, but these are things most experienced drivers will work on feveoursly if its a 720 or XRAY or Mugen or Kyosho, which is another chassis not mentioned here, which in right should be because its a fantastic car.

Im not trying to stick up for the serpent because really I think all chassis are amazing and will do the job, I dont think there is a clear winner or chassis that is better then the other. It really comes down to preference, who knows maybe its the way the box looks or if it says luxury RC car or Race Prooven design etc.. I know guys that swear by Mugen and think everything else is crap, or people who swear by Kyosho and think everything else is crap.

The real answer here to the best car or vs. is the more time you spend with a car because the more you know it and feel comfortable working on it, I can basically build a 720 from new in less then 2hrs and it would be in full race spec, but thats because I have been working on it for 3 years.

One of our local racers had been driving the Kyosho for a year, wen to the Serpent didnt like it, went back to the Kyosho, bought the Mugen, didnt like it, went back to the Kyosho, bought the NT1 didnt like it and went back to the Kyosho, because he understood the car and was able to work on it. My best advice is to Pick a car you feel most comfortable with and in lack of better words commit to it. Because it takes alot of time to understand each car, what setups to put on it for different tracks and or conditions the best tires etc.. Its been 3 years and I am still learning things that make my car faster. Any chassis Mugen, Kyosho, XRAY, Serpent, Team Magic, Heck HPI. With the right amount of time testing practising will all yield you results...k maybe not the HPI

Anyways my two cents

MY R40 ran, runs, and will continue to run with the 720's and NT1's......

of course, like you....I know my car inside and out....BTW, My pro 4 ate 07 xrays this past racing season......

BTW, when it comes time to switch.....I'm going serpent.........
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #50
Tech Master

NT1 or 720...?? its depend your driving skill....thats it...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

ok, im getting good info here...now what about price? i think i see the NT1 as the most expensive at $490 and the 720 at about $430...is this about right? also do yall have any suggestions to any online shops that stock them at good prices? thanks
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try kamikazetoysandhobbies.com nt1 $399.99
Old 01-25-2008, 02:36 AM   #53
Tech Regular

anyone know anything about Homestead Speedway just south of miami in FLA??
Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
ok, im getting good info here...now what about price? i think i see the NT1 as the most expensive at $490 and the 720 at about $430...is this about right? also do yall have any suggestions to any online shops that stock them at good prices? thanks
Try GASRCCAR.COM Lee is the man!!
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

go look at all ther cars and choose the one you like. i personally have own the kyosho , the mugan and the serpent each car has it own handling charateristics. the kyosho handles mor like a electric sedan where the cat\r is more point and shoot. the mugancan also handle that way but you canlet it handle more like an 1/8th scale where it is more driving a line. the serpent handles like an 1/8th scale. in other words the kyosho has the most low speed steering and no much high speed the mugan has a good balance of low and high and the serpent has a ton of high speed. it comes down to your track and the way you like to drive i like the serpent because i done have to change m lines very much when i race both of them and out of the box i personaly believe the serpent is the easiest to drive. i drove the box setup for the first 3 months i had the car. i have since made changes as i have gone along withthe car but its good out the box i had one of the first evo inthe use i got it out of japan and just didn't fit my driving style. i wore out my mugan but it was very good. i really did run the setup other peple run it get the car to handle the way i wanted to handle but it was good. i never own the xray. but the parts are expensive. but get the car you feel comfortable with dont fall into the trap of other peoples opinion without knowing that you can drive there cars comfortablely. whe yoou talk to people about there cars see your self driving the car. see if they are putting the amount of input inthe car. see if they drive there car very smooth or choppy compare it with the way you drive your cars. talk to to people who drive simular to you
Old 01-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Serpent-Dan...is the price at kamikazetoysandhobbies.com at $399 because its not the 2008 Spec model with the Hudy Steel front CVDs? come on now, dont try to play me...i checked, everwhere else is selling the NT1 2008 for around $480...how do you account for the $80 difference??
Old 01-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Serpent-Dan...is the price at kamikazetoysandhobbies.com at $399 because its not the 2008 Spec model with the Hudy Steel front CVDs? come on now, dont try to play me...i checked, everwhere else is selling the NT1 2008 for around $480...how do you account for the $80 difference??
Because elsewhere is making $80.00 more
Old 01-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I love xray cars but they are just to much money, You can get a fully loaded rrr wce evo for like 400.00 and not need a single aftermarket part, again if your going to race at 301 get a mugen
Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
...again if your going to race at 301 get a mugen
No...get an XRAY.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
First, The NT1 in 2007 actually sold for 400 bucks most places.. Second, Xray and almost all the companies anywhere anually update prices for inflation and market exchanges. The Euro is kicking the USD's behind, so we suffer when we get anything from europe. Third even combining the weak dollar, you get a 60 dollar part in the box as a bonus. If your pissed about how much it costs.. go to www.jphracing.com and order one from jake and see what he can do for you.. Fourth, if you don't want to buy the car at that price DON'T. They are not going to change the price until next year. If the dollar gets stronger, kits might be cheaper.. but everyone needs to stop complaing about it.. IF you can deal with it. buy one. if not.. buy something else...