R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2008 Rams Club 40th anniversary race.

We are proud to announce the Rams club 40th anniversary race April 25-27th. The Rams club has been running continuously for 40 years and we want to celebrate that with a 3 day event. We have been working with all the major companys in the RC industry to make this a very exciting and fun event. Some of the top drivers in the country will be here. This is one event you wont want to miss. We will be running 1/8 open & 1/10 open. More details will be posted soon along with the entry form. There will be a 120 entry limit on this event. We are also bringing in Billy Bowerman from Speedworld. He will be running this event to guarantee a smooth running program. So come on out and party with the Rams Club.

Closest hotels to the track will be;

Holiday inn 4200 Great America Parkway.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 1-800-448-2296

Hyatt Regency 5101 Great America Parkway.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 1-800-233-1234

Hilton 4949 Great America Parkway,
Santa Clara, CA 94555 1-408-330-0001

Last edited by JASON MAC; 01-21-2008 at 03:20 PM.
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Default So Cal

Jason you can count on the SO Cal boys to come out, we will put together a caravan of guys to make this event. Just keep Matt out of my quailifier
Old 01-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

I think our main goal is to keep him and Robbie apart
Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASON MAC View Post
We are proud to announce the Rams club 40th anniversary race April 25-27th. The Rams club has been running continuously for 40 years and we want to celebrate that with a 3 day event. We have been working with all the major companys in the RC industry to make this a very exciting and fun event. Some of the top drivers in the country will be here. This is one event you wont want to miss. We will be running 1/8 open & 1/10 open. More details will be posted soon along with the entry form. There will be a 120 entry limit on this event. We are also bringing in Billy Bowerman from Speedworld. He will be running this event to guarantee a smooth running program. So come on out and party with the Rams Club.

Closest hotels to the track will be;

Holiday inn 4200 Great America Parkway.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 1-800-448-2296

Hyatt Regency 5101 Great America Parkway.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 1-800-233-1234

Hilton 4949 Great America Parkway,
Santa Clara, CA 94555 1-408-330-0001

Where/How do the racers sign up? since there is a limit of 120 entries only we don't want to miss this event.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Billy Bowerman is working on the flyer as we speak. It should be posted in a few days. It will have all the details on how to sign up for the event.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Seriously thinking about coming to this race. Two weeks after the Motonica GP might be the right time to make my first trip up to Norcal.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Billy Bowerman is working on the flyer as we speak. It should be posted in a few days. It will have all the details on how to sign up for the event.
Jason,
what's the format for this race (Friday practice, Sat. qualifiers, and Sunday mains.etc...?)
Also, do we know if the school allows RV parking (camping) for the weekend.

See you soon.

Steve Perkins
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Jason,
what's the format for this race (Friday practice, Sat. qualifiers, and Sunday mains.etc...?)

See you soon.

Steve Perkins
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Jason,

See you soon.

Steve Perkins
I do not know the race format, but I do remember when we held the nats, there is no overnight camping allowed at the school.
C.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Billy is running the show, but i'm pretty sure it is friday practice, sat quals and old timer race, mains sunday. As far as motorhomes there are plenty of hotel parking lots around to park it over night. I know when we had the pro series guy parked them in the back of the holiday inn.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
Tech Master

Default From the Desk of Billy Bowerman

From Billy (Hollywood) Bowerman:

Hello everyone, I hope you are ready for some racing. Three day event of the 40th Golden years for the RAMS club.
I am finishing the flier tonight and it will be on www.speedworldraceway.com, rcracing.com, www.rams-rc.com, www.rams-club.com, www.rivercityrc.org and www.rctech.net web sites. April 25 - 27 at the RAMS Club @ Mission College

I will also be sending 100 fliers to Jason this week to have at the RAMS club for all you early sign ups. I am looking into and will try to give a special gift for all early entries for the 40th RAMS Club Anniversary.

The race can be pre-registed and is limited to 120 total entries, total, for 1/8 & 1/10 scale Nitro cars.

The entry deadline, without a late fee, is April 8 (on the desk of official address for entry), NOT MAILED on April 8.

First class is $45.00 and Ssecond class is $30.00. Late fee's: after April 8 is $10.00 additional per class entered. Sign ups available trackside - ONLY - if the event isn't sold out, then it's first come first served - the event will close at 120 entries, savey?!

If you have any question about the race, feel free to contact me (Billy) at anytime @ 916 783-8864 @ SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies, or the RAMS President Jason MacDonald.

Billy (Hollywood) Bowerman

Have the Dream.......
DIE FULL THROTTLE

Last edited by Rich Browne; 01-23-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Rich!!!

Sedans are allowed at this race???
Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hello everybody, I am sorry for the delay on the RAMS 40th race flier. I am working out a major problem in my coral draw after 14 hours on this flier; I will have this piece of paper bronzed after I finish it, LOL. Maybe the winner will get the first ever bronzed flier as the trophy award; I guess it is just like a plaque, LOL.

I hope to have the flier up NO later than Friday. My friend Clark from RiverCityRC.com is really going out of his way tonight to re-do the flier on word for me so we can have it on the net for you to print out the copy to sign up. I can make copies from the original coral draw, it just will not save from coral draw to a PDF without having half the flier in wing dings, so Clark is trying to make it in word for me to post.

If you have any question you can reach me 916 783-8864 (Billy) or e-mail at [email protected] and I will answer any question about the race schedule.
You will be able to ship your race stuff to my shop ahead of time if needed, make arrangement with me first so there are no problems.

Friday practice open for the first two hours then we will go onto 10 minute control practice session. 1/8 and 1/10 scale cars will not be on the track at the same time so no worries.
I will have the race schedule and any other info I can share with you on my web-site tomorrow night @ www.speedworldraceway.com look on the menu bar on left side of the site under RAMS 40th.

There will also be a list of the drivers that have signed up for the event and updated daily when the sign ups start coming in.

I will be sending 100 fliers to the RAMS this weekend for you local racers for early sign up.

If there is any hobby shop or track that would like me to send fliers to them, let me know and I will send them out asap.

I hope to see you all at the race and will be talking to all you soon.

Thanks Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the one travel race that I will be attending in over 2 years. What tire shore do the locals run for sedan?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Rich!!!

Sedans are allowed at this race???
Yup sure are, infact they always are
C.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote