Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Nice vid!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #182
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to stoptherockets3

WOW THREE WHOLE PAGES SINCE I WAS ON YESTERDAY!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #183
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
BTW have u ever seen a real race car battery powered
WTF does that have to do with anything, we're not talking about real race cars dumbass. Like I said before, you can't really argue a point with retards, this thread needs to die already.

Anybody that knows anything knows that 1/10 electric TC is faster than 1/8 nitro on roads anyday of the week, been proven all on race tracks all over the world. There is just no way to match the acceleration of electric with nitro. Given the same skill drivers the TC will win everytime.

As far as the whole nitro vs electric in general, its clear that they are both have their strengths and weakneses depeding on the application and preference of the driver. If one was actually hands down better than the other, this thread would not exist because everybody would be buying one or the other. So its a pointless argument.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #184
Tech Initiate

the thing that separates the boys is the way they approach the sport and their competition.

I love this controversy of "which is better: 'lectric or nitro" because it's really so absurd. What's the difference between chipping rock climbs versus climbing natural rock climbs? What's the difference between lures/flies and "bait"? What's the difference between Apple and Microsoft OS?

You've created this awesome (awesome) debate that is really about nothing more than more than preference, style, and to large degree: dogma.

This is really a "Sociologic" (with a capital "S') exercise in a male-dominated arena of devout believers. (I can't wait till a graduate student takes this to a PhD thesis).

You got one side screaming Nitro! And another side screaming " 'Lectric" ... but the fact remains that you got into this hobby because you liked model cars. if your going for realism neither is close to a real car. If your going for raceworthyness they belong in their own class (for obvious reasons). If you want to go head to head then the parameters have to suit both styles ... but ELECTRIC WILL WIN.

lol!!

-- font9a
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #185
Tech Regular

Default Go Electric!!

Marcos,

Back in this part of the world, the nitros tend to crash when my 1/10 pan car is hot behind them. Sometime when the EP overtake them they will try to ram from behind before cornering.

I tend to agree about the nitro crashing at the end of the straight line, they tend to get nervous when the EP is as fast or faster than them on straight. The immediate reaction from them is to brake much later to try to build up more speed. Some of them even try to brake at the same point but end up crashing at the fence.

Colin Chapman is a really right when he said lighter cars tend to require lesser distance.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #186
Tech Regular

Default Try this equation P=I^2 * R

Jetmd

Try this equation after you get the power in Watt

P=I^2 * R

That's why hybrid cars engineers prefer to increase voltage rather than current to get the same power. When they increase the current instead of voltage, all the wires need to be big or else it loses lots of power to heat.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #187
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to stoptherockets3
Talking font9a LOL!

Wow font9a did you read that off the back of a cereal box or did you go to college?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

why argue? i run both and love both. completely disagree with nitro is faster( brushless e-maxx puts my revo 3.3 to shame...) nitro is loud, messy, and fun. nitro is fast, simple, and good for places where temps and weather change randomly. nitro is better in places that have very steady temps all year round(personal opinion cause i aint the best at tuning....)

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #189
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

I have both nitro and electric. Nitro onroad is faster becasue of its two speed plus you can have longer races instead of 5-6 mins.

Each has + and -. There are days I feel like driving electic instead of nitro or vise versa. A top quality electric will cost just as much as nitro after you add in all the support equipment.

Nitro and Electric are BOTH E X P E N S I V E. $$$$$$$
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #190
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightaway View Post
I have both nitro and electric. Nitro onroad is faster becasue of its two speed plus you can have longer races instead of 5-6 mins.

Each has + and -. There are days I feel like driving electic instead of nitro or vise versa. A top quality electric will cost just as much as nitro after you add in all the support equipment.

Nitro and Electric are BOTH E X P E N S I V E. $$$$$$$
Expensive or fast....its soooo relative....
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #191
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

...for me I like electics more. I dislike tuning nitros...I dont want to tinker with the engine...when I want to do that, I work on a full size car or truck.

as long as one is having fun....have fun....
heli-400 blade
plane-lost...LOL
Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #192
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jatoman1992

simple, if you like electric more than nitro....GET OFF THE NITRO THREAD, jeez
Ofna Ultra LX Pro- Axial .28 1S w/ JP-2 Pipe, Hitec HS5645MG(steering) and Hitec HS625MG(Throttle/Brake)
Electric:
Losi Micro-T- stock
Coming soon: Associated FT B4- stock

Ofna LX Pro as a roller w/ extras- $150
Starter box(1/8 buggy) w/12V battery- $70
micro T- $50 OBO
Axial .28 1S- 6 gal. thru- $50 OBO
Old 01-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #193
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatoman1992 View Post
YOU TELL EM you electric guys have your own section
Old 01-26-2008, 01:24 AM   #194
Tech Rookie

Questions?? gs vision

does anybody know anything about these car i picked one up new. seems like a good car for the price but i'm looking for a few experienced opinions and comparisons from people who have driven them
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatoman1992 View Post
+10000....If it wasn't for the lap counter, I can't tell they're on the track! Its like watching a hybrid car run a rally!
Closed Thread