R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #136
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaml View Post
The quick easy way to settle the debate would be for ROAR to have an unlimited class, plus I think it would be entertaining for everyone. No limit on the brushless set up, and no limit on the tank or engine size for nitro. I would be curious to see how a brushless with a large capacity lipo pack would do in a truggy against a .28 or .32 with a 250 cc or larger tank?
You hit the nail on the head buddy. A "no holds barred", run what you brung race for on-road and off-road. No limits on engine, motors, batteries.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 AM   #137
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
You must be new to rc racing. For the last 20+ years, 2WD electric mod buggy has been the most difficult and prestigious class, which separates the men from the nitro huffers.

I signed up for a membership at a nitro offroad track last year to try out my 1/8 BL + LiPo buggy and the nitro guys had no problem with me running it on their track until I beat them three weekends in a row. Sore Losers!

Stop talking out of your backside, sounded like you overcharge your Lipo battery inside your head.... How long and how far was the race? 10meters? and 5 seconds race? You can say whatever you want but you have to atleast back it up with a result link or something.. Without it all that you say is just a dribble... Let me guess , i think your favorite movie is "Brokeback Mountain" i think thats the right spelling..
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #138
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp-racing View Post
Well

I like EP Touring cars better than GP..

Nitro cars might go faster, might have a great sound, and might have a longer run time.. but what do you need that for ?!

EP 1:10 scale cars, have diffenatly more setup possibilitys, than a GP 1:10/8 car has. I just think a 1:10 EP car handle much more like a real sedan touring car.. and thats my point - thats why i better like elektric cars. Why have high speed, if you dosn't feel "IT" ? And dosn't have all the real handling?
And well.. brushless touring cars also have the speed, so that is'nt any issue at all !

Just my point of view

1/10th EP has more set-up possibility? .Man Whats wrong with you? the car set up on both EP & GP are identical but the GP got the Engine tuning , Clutch , 2-speed,Etc.. to set up... Now i know that RC Battery creates radiation in the brain, look at the ideas that comes out of your head..... I suggest go to "Leodis" house and keep him company while your enjoying watching your movie " Brokeback Mountain" lol
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #139
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptherockets3 View Post
Nitro is what sepperates a RC from a TOY!

Nitro = A Man's Toy

Electric = A Pre-Schooler's Toy

I guess you haven't driven a real electric car, I'll run against a nitro car with my electric car...
Old 01-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmio View Post
. This goes back to the physics lesson that I learned in my high school, if we increase the voltage, we will draw less current and lose less to heat.
Umm, sorry to have to disagree but, according to ohms law, if you increase voltage (your example more batteries) and resistance stays the same(your example same motor, same wires, same car, etc.), you increase amperage as well.

Try it yourself. I=E/R (current equals voltage divided by resistance) (this comes from E=I/R)

And i'm a greasy mechanic.

MINO Racing
Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #141
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing View Post
I guess you haven't driven a real electric car, I'll run against a nitro car with my electric car...
dont worry about him he just doesnt know any better, just because is loud doesnt make it any faster .
Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #142
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing View Post
dont worry about him he just doesnt know any better, just because its loud doesnt make it any faster .
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #143
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
dont worry about him he just doesnt know any better, just because its loud doesnt make it any faster .
I'm with you on that one Marcos.J...
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #144
Tech Regular

u know what, u guys talk about your tcs can keep up with a race bred 1/8 scale onroad, but whenever i go to the track u guys r never there, whats up?u guys can say whatever u want about electric vs nitro, but the bottom line is nitro is just alot more exciting,have u ever seen a f1 car powered by batteries, yea that would b funny, just one question i would like to ask anyone on this thread, whats the f1 of rc racing, not 1/0 sc electric, 1/8 scale NITRO, end of story.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #145
Tech Regular

bye the way, i dont think its wise u electric guys should race with nitros, because lets say if u guys get in an accident with them you will be the worst for wear.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #146
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
u know what, u guys talk about your tcs can keep up with a race bred 1/8 scale onroad, but whenever i go to the track u guys r never there, whats up?u guys can say whatever u want about electric vs nitro, but the bottom line is nitro is just alot more exciting,have u ever seen a f1 car powered by batteries, yea that would b funny, just one question i would like to ask anyone on this thread, whats the f1 of rc racing, not 1/0 sc electric, 1/8 scale NITRO, end of story.
I could only speak for myself when I say that since 2001 I've been r/c street racing against nitro's with my electrics and I run heads up and on a clean race up against nitro's and I have never lost. I worked in a hobby shop for years and I serviced and tuned nitro cars and truck's for customers and nitro doesn't do anything for me I just got stuck with my customer's headaches because they don't know how to tune or fix there own nitro's, been there and done that, I've owned alot of nitro car's and truck's in the past and guess what I sold every last one, If I want to go fast electric is the way, flat out electric is just faster.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #147
Tech Regular

one ouestion AGAIN WHATS THE F1 OF RC 1,8 SC, 1/8 SC, 1/8 SC, not ELECTRIC, whats the fastest class of rcs 1/8 SC, 1/8 SC, pl dont fool yourself by saying CRAP.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #148
Tech Regular

BTW have u ever seen a real race car battery powered
Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #149
Tech Regular

i have in the dumpster
Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #150
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
speak for your self i have gone to local tracks and raced with 1/8th scale on-roads and I have blown by them in the straight ,through the sweepers, through the chicanes you name it , i ve ownesd 1/8th sclaes before and raced them and my tc is by far faster than them. Nitro is exciting but if you take out the noice factor then the exciment goe out the window, it just sounds fast
didnt know that traxxas made a 1/8th scale onroad car
Closed Thread