Search

hudy all in one set up station

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hudy all in one set up station

hi
just wondering if anyboody has any experience or owns one could you please tell me your thoughts and experiences with it

Cheers Chris
Old 01-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by youngie
hi
just wondering if anyboody has any experience or owns one could you please tell me your thoughts and experiences with it

Cheers Chris
I do not own one but have seen and used one.
They are considered by many, probably most drivers, as the best you can get in set-up stations. Comes with everything and some. Very high quality and very accurately made.
This all comes at a price though.
It is, all will agree I'm sure the most expensive Set-up station on the market.
You can get Very Very good ones for half the price of the Hudy !! Yes half the price.
Many of these are very accurate, very well made and are of very high quality!
The Team Magic set-up system comes to mind here !

You and others will also have their preference as to which they like to use on their cars.

But the Hudy? Yes. Considered the Ultimate in Set-up equipment.

I hope this drivvel helps....lol

British Menace
Old 01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Integy makes a good setup station too checkout the link.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

I have a hudy all in one. Yes it is on the expensive side and yes i am sure there are others that are cheaper and do the job just fine, but the hudy one comes in its own carrying case with a great instruction manual that is rivaled by no one and it also come with the hudy tweak board wich i dont think any of the other setup systems come with. The carrying case is really nice and has a cut out for every piece and finally its a just plain old nice to own anything Hudy
Old 01-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I have the TM magic version(full ball bearing). I pick it up for $120.00 shipped. I believe the model I have was discontunued. But I believe it is just as accurate as the hudy just does not come with the tweak board. Hudy does offer the same setup station without the tweak board and gauges for about 149.00. Check with Brooklyn hobbies. The tweak board is nice but I believe it would be more usefully with electric rather than nitro. IMO
Old 01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Hudy All in One Station

I have used Integy,and a couple other set up stations, but now that I have both the 10th and 1/8 scale Hudy All in One set up stations, I wont use any other types.
Yes, they are on the high end price wise, but I think they are every bit worth it.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi
thanks for all the help the hudy set up sation does come with all the extras and looks like silk
ill just have tp save up some more coins

Cheers Chris
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone know if you can change out the hub diameter on the Huddy Boards. I have one but i believe its for a 1/10 because it doesnt want to fit on my 1/8.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
does anyone know if you can change out the hub diameter on the Huddy Boards. I have one but i believe its for a 1/10 because it doesnt want to fit on my 1/8.
hudy make a setup board just like the 1/10th but for the 1/8th...see here

I also have the hudy all in one setup board, its excellent! very high quality stuff, certainly get what you pay for.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motojon
unfortanetly thats a big NO, if you need one for 1/8 your going to have to get the ones for 1/8
Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
vrj
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know what happened to the Hudy Tire box. The one that held/stored allot of tires.

I saw this 4-5 yrs ago when racing but never purchased one. Thx.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I have the TM magic version(full ball bearing). I pick it up for $120.00 shipped. I believe the model I have was discontunued. But I believe it is just as accurate as the hudy just does not come with the tweak board. Hudy does offer the same setup station without the tweak board and gauges for about 149.00. Check with Brooklyn hobbies. The tweak board is nice but I believe it would be more usefully with electric rather than nitro. IMO
How is the quality compare to Hudy?

Last edited by epsilon; 01-16-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

the quality of TM setup system is bettter than the old Integy system but nothing compares to a Hudy. But I'm extremely happy with the Team Magic system. best of all its is consistant.
The model I have was discontinued the new model has the same geometry as mine the only difference is the way it attatches to the car. What TM did was raised the price of the setup system about $60.00 but now you have to specify 1/10 or 1/8 scale when you order the setup system. the only difference between 1/10 and 1/8 scale is the insert which screws into the fixtures. this way you can buy one sytem which can be used for 1/8 or 1/10 the only thing you do is change the axle inserts. The new system is labled H.A.R.D. just like their tire truer. The only other diference between the TM and hudy Team magic pivots opposite from the Hudy. The TM pivots from the botton and swings from the top. hope this helps
Old 01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have a lot of setup systems, and have used a lot on various touring cars. The hudy system is nice for nitro because you have the track measurements built in. For ep its not a big deal because you usually already know what your track is. If you are an EP guy and want a setup station and money IS a concern. You can do alright with a ball bearing setup system from another brand. and get some small kitchen scales for like 20 bucks a piece and save yourself a hundred bucks.. make sure you do have a flat setupboard like the hudy or integy. I do tend to use the integy board more at the track since i can level the thing. DONT UNDERESTIMATE LEVELING YOUR SETUP PAD!!! HUD109305 is 120 bucks if you can find it. its the same basic setup deal as in the 300 dollar one.. add some scales (us magnum that i got from Jake @jphracing.com - my LHS and sponsor ) and you have a bangin setup system for 100 bucks less than the hudy deal.. thats assuming you already have the droop measuring setup and ride height tool. I also use the scales for 1/12 and all of my oval cars... limit per scale is 500grams so its just enough for a heavy nitro touring car.

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 01-17-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I suck at typing...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

I recently replaced my setup board. My board was chipped at the edges. I wanted an 1/8 scale board because it's bigger. Well the Hudy board was a little much for my pocket. So I picked up a piece of Corian(made by Dupont) countertop material. This stuff is awsome. Its quite a bit heavier than a hudy board but it is ABOSOLUTLY Flat( checked against a marble slab) and it is smooth as glass so the bearings on the setup fixture ride extremely smooth. My piece is 24" by 20" which plenty big enough for 1/10 scale I got it for about 22.00 shipped. IF you can deal with the added weight of transport it is a great replacement for a hudy board and more durable. I got mine off of Ebay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.